GDT: #81 - 04/07/16 | new york islanders @ NEW YORK RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
hahahahaha oh man.

If ANYONE took that idiotic penalty and royalty blew their assignment that Tanner Glass did they'd be HS'ed for the rest of the year. But this worthless plug is back in like nothing happened.

Accountability!!!!

His blown assignment on that first goal was worse than the major penalty. It was the perfect play to summarize what Tanner Glass has brought to the Rangers for the last 2 years.

Not just nothing, but he actively hurts the team and makes us worse.

Thanks Tanner.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Right thing, etc.

I want Pitt in the first round even if it's the harder match-up. I'd rather watch one good series against a rival than one mediocre one.

With McD most likely out for the first round, I'd rather play the team that we have a better chance against. And thats Florida.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I don't think I could hate Tanner Glass more. This is now 2 full seasons where he has been given a spot over far superior players.

This attitude makes no sense. Why get mad at the player. He doesn't make up the starting lineups and he isn't the GM. He's just trying to earn a living.

Now, if Glass weren't trying, it would be different. He tries. Just not that talented.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
With a regulation loss tonight, the Rangers are the #1 wildcard, so I find it hard to believe if they lose it is highly unlikely.

I think it's much more unlikely that they can pass the Pens, who need 1 more point to clinch the #2 spot.

:huh:

Actually, Pittsburgh doesn´t clinch the #2 spot with one point tonight. If Rangers win their last two games in Regular time or overtime, and Pittsburgh only gets one point in their last two, the Rangers will pass the Pens with one ROW.... Not that it´s very likely, but still a chance :)

This attitude makes no sense. Why get mad at the player. He doesn't make up the starting lineups and he isn't the GM. He's just trying to earn a living.

Now, if Glass weren't trying, it would be different. He tries. Just not that talented.

Very much agree! Besides, Glass has NOT been the problem of this team after he came back from the AHL....

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Actually, Pittsburgh doesn´t clinch the #2 spot with one point tonight. If Rangers win their last two games in Regular time or overtime, and Pittsburgh only gets one point in their last two, the Rangers will pass the Pens with one ROW.... Not that it´s very likely, but still a chance :)

True. Good call.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
rangers should intentionally lose the next 2 games and go for the atlantic bracket. nothings a guarantee, but its a LOT easier road to the finals.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Tonight, Pens clinch M2 with a win in any fashion against the Caps OR if they get one point against the Caps AND we lose to the Islanders in any way or beat them in a shootout.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
rangers should intentionally lose the next 2 games and go for the atlantic bracket. nothings a guarantee, but its a LOT easier road to the finals.

Yep. Let's go Islanders??

(don't really feel confident against Pittsburgh, Washington or even Florida in the 1st round.)

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Tonight, Pens clinch M2 with a win in any fashion against the Caps OR if they get one point against the Caps AND we lose to the Islanders in any way or beat them in a shootout.

And then Isles intentionally lose their last two games and get´s the WC spot.... I have a feeling that it is better to play two good games of hockey, bringing some confidence and momentun into the playoffs.

BarbaraAlphanse

If we win we guarantee a 3rd straight year vs. the pens.

If that happens, so be it, my relationship has already survived the first two.

We can beat that team. They're not anything special.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

they are...they are killing teams and they arent even close to being 100%. they are a very very very good team.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
And then Isles intentionally lose their last two games and get´s the WC spot.... I have a feeling that it is better to play two good games of hockey, bringing some confidence and momentun into the playoffs.

I think the Panthers are the more favorable matchup (not a pushover by any means though) but I do agree with this. Going into the playoffs on possibly a 4 game winning streak with players playing well and confidently is important.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I will never root for my team to lose any game for any reason, especially against the Islanders. Let the chips fall where they may, if we want to be the best we will have to beat the best.

Lets go Rangers.

:rangers

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC

The Penguins are an excellent team that are dominating despite having key injuries. With a healthy lineup, I don't hate our chances, but with the lineup we've got, it's a death sentence.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
I think the Panthers are the more favorable matchup (not a pushover by any means though) but I do agree with this. Going into the playoffs on possibly a 4 game winning streak with players playing well and confidently is important.

The Blackhawks lost 3 straight going into the playoffs last year and still won. I don't want to see a poor effort but I'd start calling up more AHL players for these last two games at least.

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
they are...they are killing teams and they arent even close to being 100%. they are a very very very good team.

Good teams missing key players often perform very well despite these absences. Case in point, Rangers without McDonagh or Rangers without Lundqvist from years past. Teams know they have to play harder when missing key players.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Obviously isles fans want to play the panthers too, so not sure how I want this to play out. We could lose to the Rangers tonight and basically guarantee a matchup with Florida, or try to win tonight and be tied in points with the Rangers. By the time your game is over Saturday, we can essentially lay an egg Saturday night and Sunday if we chose. Will be interesting to see how it plays out

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Obviously isles fans want to play the panthers too, so not sure how I want this to play out. We could lose to the Rangers tonight and basically guarantee a matchup with Florida, or try to win tonight and be tied in points with the Rangers. By the time your game is over Saturday, we can essentially lay an egg Saturday night and Sunday if we chose. Will be interesting to see how it plays out

Pretty sure that if Rangers win tonight in regulation, it guarantees them facing the Pens.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
For the most part since his return, Glass has been a very serviceable player who will stand up for his teammates without thinking twice. People still complaining about him should get over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad