NYI: 44-26-9______________NYR: 45-26-9

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, MSG PLUS 2

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: NOT ALLOWED | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYI@NYR 3/6/16 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - ISLANDERS.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

APRIL SCHEDULE:

aprilschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

I think we did a good job in the first period of killing that major and we built some momentum off it and that’s something that your special teams has to be able to do.
Even if your power play doesn’t score a goal, you can build some momentum off it, same with the penalty kill.
I thought our group did a good job of responding the way we did after the first.
- Derek Stepan

I think my focus after they scored the second was let’s just try to survive this period. You know the game is going to change.
Tampa had a game where they were really upset with the way they played, so I knew they were going to come out very hard.
It shows how important it is to just mentally be ready.
- Henrik Lundqvist

We were fortunate that Hank was on top of his game.
In the first 20 minutes, we were shorthanded eight minutes, or close to eight minutes.
The other team’s going to get some looks and they’re going to get some shots on the net, which they did.
Hank kept us in. We were able to buckle down, put our work boots on. I thought the last 2 periods were pretty good.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK ISLANDERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 79 | GF | 223
W | 44 | GA | 206
L | 26 | GF/G | 2.76
OTL | 9 | GA/G | 2.54
Pts | 97 | PIM/G | 08:48
HOME | 25-10-4 | PP% | 18.6
AWAY | 19-16-5 | PK% | 85.1
L10 | 6-4-0 | FO% | 49.9
STREAK | W2 | S/O | 5-5

Division | 4th
Conference | 7th
League | 10th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | John Tavares | 31 Assists | Kyle Okposo | 40 Points | John Tavares | 67 + / - | Johnny Boychuk | +14 Shots | John Tavares | 244 Hits | Matt Martin | 365 Blocks | Calvin de Haan | 190 PIM | Matt Martin | 119 FO% | John Tavares | 54.0 TOI/G F: | John Tavares | 20:02 TOI/G D: | Travis Hamonic | 23:49

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
josh BAILEY | john TAVARES (C) | ryan STROME
nik KULEMIN | frans NIELSEN (A) | kyle OKPOSO (A)
shane PRINCE | brock NELSON | anders LEE
matt MARTIN | casey CIZIKAS | cal CLUTTERBUCK

LD | RD
nick LEDDY | johnny BOYCHUK
ryan PULOCK | brian STRAIT
thomas HICKEY | scott MAYFIELD

Scratched
marek ZIDLICKY |
calvin DE HAAN |

STARTING GOALIE:

Greiss-Thomas2.png

Thomas Greiss

GPI: 39 | W: 22 | L: 11 | OT: 4 | PIM: 2
SV% .924 | GAA: 2.37 | SA: 1151 | GA: 87 | SO: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Travis Hamonic | Lower body (DTD)
Calvin de Haan | Undisclosed (DTD)
Mikhail Grabovski | Upper body (DTD)
Jean-Francois Berube | Lower body (DTD)
Adam Pelech | Upper body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 80 | GF | 232
W | 45 | GA | 211
L | 26 | GF/G | 2.86
OTL | 9 | GA/G | 2.61
Pts | 99 | PIM/G | 08:36
HOME | 26-9-4 | PP% | 19.1
AWAY | 19-17-5 | PK% | 78.4
L10 | 5-3-2 | FO% | 49.2
STREAK | W2 | S/O | 3-2

Division | 3rd
Conference | 4th
League | 9th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Derick Brassard | 27 Assists | Keith Yandle | 41 Points | Mats Zuccarello | 61 + / - | Ryan McDonagh | +26 Shots | Derek Stepan | 190 Hits | Tanner Glass | 221 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 195 PIM | Tanner Glass | 66 FO% | Dominic Moore | 55.8 TOI/G F: | Mats Zuccarello | 18:28 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 22:21

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
chris KREIDER | derek STEPAN (A) | rick NASH
j.t. MILLER | derick BRASSARD | mats ZUCCARELLO
eric STAAL | kevin HAYES | jesper FAST
tanner GLASS | dominic MOORE | viktor STALBERG

LD | RD
keith YANDLE | kevin KLEIN
marc STAAL (A) | dylan MCILRATH
brady SKJEI | dan BOYLE

Scratched
oscar LINDBERG |

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 64 | W: 35 | L: 20 | OT: 7 | PIM: 2
SV% .921 | GAA: 2.46 | SA: 1928 | GA: 153 | SO: 4

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Dan Girardi | Upper body (DTD)
Ryan McDonagh | Hand (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboys4a.png

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Lets go Rangers. Win tonight and then on Saturday. Building that winning momentum and play a solid 60 minutes tonight, and then another 60 minutes against Detroit.

I think that if the Rangers are going to go against the Pens, they should definitely go in with a winning momentum and solid play.

It would be much better than going into the playoffs against the Panthers on a losing streak/no momentum to the first WC spot.

Islanders are weak defensively right now due to injuries. But they'll still play hard against us. Probably no Clutterbuck tonight though, and he's usually the thorn in our side...

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Id imagine Boyle comes back in for Girardi, and Lindberg goes back to the bench.

Wouldn't be heartbroken to see Raanta play tonight...

Last edited:

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Justin Tasch ‏@J_Tasch 9m9 minutes ago
If the Rangers lose tonight, would mark first time ever they go winless against the Islanders in a regular season. http://nydn.us/1VAknkj

well, now we have to win!

attending this one with my dad, who hasn't been to MSG for a hockey game in over 30 years. definitely don't want to hear him gloating on the train ride home.

need a 60 minute effort. purely for confidence building. LGR!! :yo:

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
If Glass manages to stay in the lineup after that idiotic major, I'm done with AV. No player gets a longer leash despite bringing nothing to the lineup on a nightly basis.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
If Glass manages to stay in the lineup after that idiotic major, I'm done with AV. No player gets a longer leash despite bringing nothing to the lineup on a nightly basis.

well hes not coming out tonight with matt martin on the other side, just accept that Glass is a staple on the 4th line. Just is what it is.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Rangers should be getting on the ice soon for practice. Will know more about lineups/G soon...

Islanders practice at 11:30. Not sure if our beat writers will report on that as well.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Starting to have that "be careful what you wish for" feeling. I am sure Florida is well aware of the situation, and they are going to want to prove the regular season was not a fluke. That being said, I still would much rather face them than the red hot Penguins team. If we go down round one, I can stomach losing to an upstart team. Losing to Cindy and the gang would drive me nuts.

I never want to lose to the Isles, but this losing this one wouldn't be the worst.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
well hes not coming out tonight with matt martin on the other side, just accept that Glass is a staple on the 4th line. Just is what it is.

I doubt Matt Martin wastes a single second thinking about Tanner Glass. Martin is a superior player in just about every way to Glass, including the rough stuff. Glass does nothing to neutralize Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad