GDT: #8 | Sun. Oct. 1, 5:00 pm ET| NYI at FLYERS| NHL Network-US, TCN-PH |97.5 The Fanatic

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Dawson_Crying.gif

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
They cant play if they arent given the opportunity.
mmm...yes.

but 2 of them are going to be on the roster. They will both get opportunities to "prove".

3rd one will probably be at worst the 8th defenseman in the depth chart. History shows 8th dee gets real playing time, say 10-15 games, even without a push from management saying "this guy is the real deal, try him!" as opposed to "OMG, it's Schultz, limit his exposure to our win-loss record!"

If he's 7th dee...even better.

In any case, everything is in the rooks favor to sieze the roster spots if they can handle the NHL pace. All they have to do is perform ok, and it will all fall into place.Thereby ushering in a moment of HFBoardsFlyer serenity where we all exhale "ahhhhhh....".

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
mmm...yes.

but 2 of them are going to be on the roster. They will both get opportunities to "prove".

3rd one will probably be at worst the 8th defenseman in the depth chart. History shows 8th dee gets real playing time, say 10-15 games, even without a push from management saying "this guy is the real deal, try him!" as opposed to "OMG, it's Schultz, limit his exposure to our win-loss record!"

If he's 7th dee...even better.

In any case, everything is in the rooks favor to sieze the roster spots if they can handle the NHL pace. All they have to do is perform ok, and it will all fall into place.Thereby ushering in a moment of HFBoardsFlyer serenity where we all exhale "ahhhhhh....".

There will never be serenity until Hakstol is gone. He will find ways to piss us off no matter what.

Last edited:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
So who staying over linblom? I honestly would not be paying thousands of dollars this year to watch the same team as last year. If the dmen don't make it especially with ghost I will be calling the rep soon.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So who staying over linblom? I honestly would not be paying thousands of dollars this year to watch the same team as last year. If the dmen don't make it especially with ghost I will be calling the rep soon.

Leier.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Well, as "dress rehearsals" go, that was pretty fugly.

On a positive note, the fourth line, and one-half of our "top" defensive pair, looked good.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Maybe they as assesing who get the call up for ghost? Meaning they never intended either to make it. I don't wish injury on anyone, but why don't guys like Amac get hurt?

That's what I took from Hexys speech. He was adamant a rookie wont be the 7th and 2-3 years in AHL is good. A vet Phantom will be the 7th dman if Ghost is healthy.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Maybe they as assesing who get the call up for ghost? Meaning they never intended either to make it. I don't wish injury on anyone, but why don't guys like Amac get hurt?

It definitely sounds like it, but they looked at these three rookies and said Hagg was the best. That bothers me more than almost anything else because it fits with the other roster decisions. This is what they want -- "safe".

Reactions: Rebels57

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
That's what I took from Hexys speech. He was adamant a rookie wont be the 7th

That makes a lot of sense.

and 2-3 years in AHL is good.

Maybe, if it takes a player that long to outperform the competition for a spot on the big club.

But, if a defender has one or two years in the AHL, and outperforms the competition in camp, sending them back down, based on that formula, is not good.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
That makes a lot of sense.

Maybe, if it takes a player that long to outperform the competition for a spot on the big club.

But, if a defender has one or two years in the AHL, and outperforms the competition in camp, sending them back down, based on that formula, is not good.

Morin, Haag and Sanheim greatly outplayed Manning and Farmer,, Hexys talk was just that, all talk

Reactions: dats81 and Rebels57

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
There will never be serenity until Hakstol is gone. He will find ways to piss us off no matter what.

I agree that he may piss you off, and others...at times...but I know it is mostly inconsequential b**ls *t on your part.

Right? I don't reads these boards enough to know...but I think you're just soap-opera'ing Haks...right?

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
I like Hagg alot. I really do but he is just a solid player. He isn't going to give you more. He's just a good complementary piece on a d-pairing. Morin and Sanheim bring things that give the team more flair or a dynamic look. Morin is a presence in the defensive zone and obviously he's a deterrent for scrums. He will chip in offensively here and there. Sanheim's skating, puck moving ability, and big body brings more offensive pop to the team. I do not see how Manning or MacDonald bring anything new to the team. I don't even mind Manning as a 7th D-man but to have him in the starting lineup is crap. Not surprising the PK sucked tonight. The common theme Amac and Manning on the unit. The unit sure as hell looked good with Morin on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad