GDT: #8| Carolina Hurricanes @ NY Islanders| October 19 | 7PM |Passenger Edition!| F/L 4-3

FortNeverLose

Jul 8, 2011
Love that Martin Cizikas and CMac are relentless.

With them and Clutterbuck they really grind the opponent's defense throughout a game

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I totally missed Vis getting hurt, I have the Canes feed. What happened?

If the Isles broadcast gives an update on Vis please post.

No update yet. He got checked in the boards by Dvorak, cleanly. Looked like a harmless play but must have caught his shoulder strangely. All we saw on the Isles feed was him hanging over after the play stopped, favoring a shoulder as if it was separated or something.

No official word yet except for the guess that it was the shoulder.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
What about the other teams defensive zone though?

He's decent on offense and can move the puck well as we all know, but he has a habit of getting hemmed in in our zone. He is guilty of not consistently clearing the puck/getting it out of our zone.

There are other roster problems though, starting with regin and hickey.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Vis had his back to the boards and passed the puck as Dvorak was coming in for a check. As Vis was passing it, he tried to spin so he could absorb the check but Dvorak caught him before he could get his back side turned to Dvorak and Vis' shoulder absorbed the whole check.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
He's decent on offense and can move the puck well as we all know, but he has a habit of getting hemmed in in our zone. He is guilty of not consistently clearing the puck/getting it out of our zone.

There are other roster problems though, starting with regin and hickey.

You make it sound like one of our better defensemen, with probably more games played than the rest of our defensive regulars combined, getting hurt is a good thing.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Man Regin should've buried that one.

D has been very good in their own end, especially Hickey.

Canes are just getting the stick on some of these passes/shots and I don't think they can keep that up all game. Thought the Isles really controlled the flow that period.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
How Amac gets more minutes (2 more minutes) than Hamonic is mind-boggling. They both have 10 shifts, so either Amac takes really long shifts or idk.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
You make it sound like one of our better defensemen, with probably more games played than the rest of our defensive regulars combined, getting hurt is a good thing.

I realize he is one our better dmen, but that just exposes how crappy our team is at the blue line. Hickey is dreadful and mcdonald does not seem sharp this year. Thank goodness for the hammer...if we are going to really improve, it HAS to start behind the blueline, i.e., better dmen and goaltending.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I realize he is one our better dmen, but that just exposes how crappy our team is at the blue line. Hickey is dreadful and mcdonald does not seem sharp this year. Thank goodness for the hammer...if we are going to really improve, it HAS to start behind the blueline, i.e., better dmen and goaltending.

The hate for Hickey is absurd... but that's for another topic.

You replied to a post about Vis being hurt with 'I'm not a fan.. he is bad'. Don't be amazed if people are misconstruing your posts... probably not the best time to pick your battle.

Drcrush

Jun 13, 2012
Regin is much better than I thought he would be coming in to this season. PMB the opposite

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad