GDT: #8| Carolina Hurricanes @ NY Islanders| October 19 | 7PM |Passenger Edition!| F/L 4-3

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
Are u kidding me bro? I thought regin played very well for what he is. A 3rd LINE CENTER. But what's that bring in strome for him or Bouchard? Thought PMB had a solid game as well. The offense was not the problem tonight. It was the defense and most notably carkner. Direct result of 3 goals and nearly ended our season with nabakov. This lose is on cap.

That and for a guy so reluctant on changing the lines up, he did it tonight at the wrong time. All lines were getting chances ( and open nets, missing), but he switched it up giving us a stale 2nd period and 3rd, minus the pp.

This was the definition of a coaches lose

Offense was part of the prob--- can't excuse them. How many times they miss the net? How many 5 on 5 goals?

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
We can never beat Carolina, unreal....very frustrating loss we should be winning these games.

Oh and also, AMAC is just awful. He brings nothing to this team. I pray that they let him walk.

Amac is fine as a second pairing defenseman. He is not a top pairing guy, he shouldn't be playing against other team's best players. Hamonic is the only guy we have that can play reasonably well against other teams best players.

We desperately need a big crease clearing defenseman and a legit #1 goaltender.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
Amac is fine as a second pairing defenseman. He is not a top pairing guy, he shouldn't be playing against other team's best players. Hamonic is the only guy we have that can play reasonably well against other teams best players.

We desperately need a big crease clearing defenseman and a legit #1 goaltender.

You are right. But, if we want one soon, we are going to have to ante up in a trade. I've said this previously, but, if you want a top talent, you have to add so many assets that it will hurt. If it doesn't hurt, you won't get the top talent. So, who do we go for and what would we be willing to part with? Any, more importantly, would Snow do it? I doubt it...because getting that top talent will cost $$$.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I think Capuano thought the team needed Carkners size as Carolina can get nasty especially E. Staal. It was a mistake Carkner is way too slow. I may be incorrect but their D is small, and Nabby is giving up 3 to 4 goals is not a recipe for success.

This game is NOT Nabby's fault at all. 2 on 1, breakaway, etc. Joke of defense tonight and Carkner almost killed Nabby.

kpap57

Jun 24, 2008
EX Long Islander
Offense was part of the prob--- can't excuse them. How many times they miss the net? How many 5 on 5 goals?

Absolutely, it was part of the prob. But I attribute this game to bad bounces. I am so sick though of everyone wanting to throw in Nelson, strome, and Donavan on the ice at the same time. Look I'm excited about these players as well, but I don't want 3 rookies on the team at the same time. I want playoffs!

Frank Booth239*

Hey- Canes fan here. Your powerplay is awesome. Wish we had one like it . I think you guys are fine this year, all thing considered. At least it wasn't DiPi between the pipes, right?

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
Absolutely, it was part of the prob. But I attribute this game to bad bounces. I am so sick though of everyone wanting to throw in Nelson, strome, and Donavan on the ice at the same time. Look I'm excited about these players as well, but I don't want 3 rookies on the team at the same time. I want playoffs!

So, you are calling Carkner a "bad bounce"? :sarcasm:

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Hey- Canes fan here. Your powerplay is awesome. Wish we had one like it . I think you guys are fine this year, all thing considered. At least it wasn't DiPi between the pipes, right?

For some reason the isles PP is good against the canes. 4/5 last year in one game and what? 3/5 tonight? That was the one bright spot in an otherwise very disappointing game

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
At least Capuano admitted team was "sluggish"--- happens way too often last few years

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
If this game doesn't prove that Capuano makes the worst coaching decisions than I don't know what will. How you play Carkner, who is very slow against a very fast team is just BAD.

I agree with that assessment 1000%. It's not exactly Carkner's fault that he's a useless slug. Crapuano lost the game for us the moment he inserted Carkner into the lineup.

Crapuano literally is a much bigger problem than Carkner. In the press box, Carkner is harmless, while even if we waive Carkner Crappy will still have a million other ways to completely **** things up. (That said, there is little reason for Carkner to be taking up space on the roster when there is no reason to ever insert him into the lineup. If it came down to it, I would have one of our forwards such as Nielsen or Cizikas play defense before playing Carkner.)

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Is that what this looked like to you? A playoff caliber team?

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Carkner has a place on this team. Just wait til we have to play Toronto, Boston and Montreal.

He has no place on this team when we are playing the Canes and the injury to Visnovsky only exacerbated a poor roster decision by Capuano.

It's not the end of the world that we lost.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Hamonic’s been bringing the puck up nicely, but what I have noticed for a while now is that his stick is too long. I know defenseman like to use the long stick, but it just seems uncomfortable for him when he’s handling the puck. If he got a little shorter stick, there’s no doubt in my mind that it would benefit him a lot offensively. I have a longer stick when I play defense sometimes and it’s a big difference with handling the puck.

kpap57

Jun 24, 2008
EX Long Islander
Is that what this looked like to you? A playoff caliber team?

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't think you would take a plea of "I want playoffs" as a direct statement. Do I think this is a playoff team? Yes, but not because of the current guidance. Do I think we will make it under the current curcumstanses. Yes, but barley. Cap screwed up tonight. Plain and simple. Luckily that can be fixed for next game. Personnel was not the problem minus carkner.

I liked te way they never gave up. That means something.

Last edited:

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't think you would take a plea of "I want playoffs" as a direct statement. Do I think this is a playoff team? Yes, with the correct guidance. Do I think we will make it under the current curcumstanses. Yes, but barley. Cap screwed up tonight. Plain and simple. Luckily that can be fixed for next game. Personnel was not the problem minus carkner.

I liked te way they never gave up. That means something.

That is like saying you love this beer, except for the flavor. Cap is not and never will be an NHL caliber coach. But he is cheap and would reach up a Tiger's bung hole for Garf if asked, so he won't be going anywhere for a long time.

And there is no way the goaltending or defense are playoff caliber without a lot of luck. Don't even get me started on PMB.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Losing Visnovsky really exposed the defense. Not good.

No replacement in sight. Unfortunately. Not on this roster.

kpap57

Jun 24, 2008
EX Long Islander
That is like saying you love this beer, except for the flavor. Cap is not and never will be an NHL caliber coach. But he is cheap and would reach up a Tiger's bung hole for Garf if asked, so he won't be going anywhere for a long time.

And there is no way the goaltending or defense are playoff caliber without a lot of luck. Don't even get me started on PMB.

Lol I like that analogy. I do love the beer, but not the flavor of this team yet. We are getting close, and moving in the right direction. This team will be delisouse soon :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad