GDT: #8| Carolina Hurricanes @ NY Islanders| October 19 | 7PM |Passenger Edition!| F/L 4-3

Hipietro

Sep 3, 2006
Long Island
This loss is on Capuano.

Dressing Carkner over Donovan is a mistake to begin with. Going down to 5 D-men for virtually the entire game only makes it worse. Hamonic and A-Mac were severely overplayed.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
This loss is on Capuano.

Dressing Carkner over Donovan is a mistake to begin with. Going down to 5 D-men for virtually the entire game only makes it worse.

You can blame him for the former, but not the latter. I don't think that he'd dress 7 D (not sure if you were implying that or not).

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Beginning to really dislike amac's game

To clarify my point, I meant nothing on AMac. Everyone knows over the past 4 years he's been playing well over his head. It was more a slight at the coaching decisions.

He played 29 minutes tonight. More than Hamonic... come on.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Bouchard, Regin and ****ing CARKNER need to be waived ASAP. Bring up Strome, insert Nelson and sign Martinek. Carkner needs to never play a ****ing game the rest of the season

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
This loss is on Capuano.

Dressing Carkner over Donovan is a mistake to begin with. Going down to 5 D-men for virtually the entire game only makes it worse.

At least it helps that we have a solid goalie when we are down a d- man..... Oh, wait

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
To clarify my point, I meant nothing on AMac. Everyone knows over the past 4 years he's been playing well over his head. It was more a slight at the coaching decisions.

Yeah, while our FWD lines have filled out somewhat, we still have Dmen playing above their pay grade. Amac is a nice 5th dman, ok 4th. No bueno when he's logging #1 dman minutes....cant really blame him.

Talain

Mar 7, 2007
If this game isn't proof that Matt Carkner has no place on an NHL roster, then I don't know what would be.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003

Amac plays more minutes than Hamonic every game.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
I think this is the problem. We sucked forever, yet we really only landed one difference maker (Tavares). Most teams that suck for multiple years in a row have multiple difference makers (or at least guys who look to develop into them). We have question marks who we HOPE are going to develop. Our system is fairly deep in prospects, which is great, but we don't have a lot of givens. Most crappy teams have a few of them. See Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Chicago.

Agreed. There's many reasons why we only have 1 difference maker, but the biggest one is simple: management.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
If this game isn't proof that Matt Carkner has no place on an NHL roster, then I don't know what would be.

If this game doesn't prove that Capuano makes the worst coaching decisions than I don't know what will. How you play Carkner, who is very slow against a very fast team is just BAD.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
Easy, he borrowed Claude Lapointes hands. :/

I started to type, "No, you meant Andy Hilbert and then I realized that we've had a bunch of guys over the last 15 or so years who couldn't bury a chance." I stand corrected...Claude LaPointe would qualify, except I liked the rest of his game. He was a 4th line center after all.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
3 out of the 4 goals I blame Capuano for. Why on earth would you play Carkner against a fast team like the Canes? Makes no sense.

This team needs to capitalize on their scoring chances. I been seeing it way too much lately that there missing the net in the slot. That puck needs to be on net for rebounds. I thought they outplayed the Canes in the first, but only had 7 shots on net.

PMB needs to go, he doesn’t bring much to the table at all and is taking away Nelson’s minutes.

Volek25

Apr 23, 2007
St. Louis, MO
We can never beat Carolina, unreal....very frustrating loss we should be winning these games.

Oh and also, AMAC is just awful. He brings nothing to this team. I pray that they let him walk.

kpap57

Jun 24, 2008
EX Long Islander
Bouchard, Regin and ****ing CARKNER need to be waived ASAP. Bring up Strome, insert Nelson and sign Martinek. Carkner needs to never play a ****ing game the rest of the season

Are u kidding me bro? I thought regin played very well for what he is. A 3rd LINE CENTER. But what's that bring in strome for him or Bouchard? Thought PMB had a solid game as well. The offense was not the problem tonight. It was the defense and most notably carkner. Direct result of 3 goals and nearly ended our season with nabakov. This lose is on cap.

That and for a guy so reluctant on changing the lines up, he did it tonight at the wrong time. All lines were getting chances ( and open nets, missing), but he switched it up giving us a stale 2nd period and 3rd, minus the pp.

This was the definition of a coaches lose

fnfelon

Oct 12, 2013
Long Island
I think Capuano thought the team needed Carkners size as Carolina can get nasty especially E. Staal. It was a mistake Carkner is way too slow. I may be incorrect but their D is small, and Nabby is giving up 3 to 4 goals is not a recipe for success.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00