Player Discussion #8 - Ben Chiarot: Swing Low, Sweet Chiarot

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Don’t think so, most US teams have spending restrictions placed by ownership. I suspect end price will be Muzzin deal at max, or even less due to supply / demand
Muzzin deal was a 1st plus two recent 2nd round picks in the Leafs system..

I think a comparable is 1st, Brook/Harris/Struble, and then Mysak/Tuch perhaps.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Honestly, I’m surprised this doesn’t happen more often in hockey fights. ... especially with the helmets and visors involved.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
It'll definitely be Mete unless something goes very wrong. And that's what he's there for. As someone who has watched every Laval game this year, I would try Leskinen well before Ouellet. Far better puck mover and way less mistake prone. Ouellet has been their worst D, no exaggeration. Love Fleury but as an RD, he can struggle a bit on his off side.

I agree--Leskinen has been good in Laval. Better than Ouellet.

Another option is to move Romanov to the left side beside Weber--this should be more than feasible as he is a LHS. Then call up Fleury to play beside Kulak on the 3rd pairing.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Say whatever you want but he took one for the team.

If it was not Chiarot ...its Ed or Anderson.

My ass, when it was time to fight for a good reason, when KK, Armia or Evans got destroyed by illegal hits, he did f*** all with Weber, Edmundson and the rest of the so-called strong huge players that we added to our squad. He probably fought Miller for personal reasons.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
...unless Bergevin can make the trade for a LH PMD like Ekholm/Dunn...this is to save his bacon, so he might actually do something...finally...

And if Chiarot's hand is broken (my speculation) then he's likely out somewhere around 4-6 weeks. With the condensed schedule that's a lot of games.

Of course the problem with trading for players is the quarantine...so MB would have to get on it pretty damn quick.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
And if Chiarot's hand is broken (my speculation) then he's likely out somewhere around 4-6 weeks. With the condensed schedule that's a lot of games.

Of course the problem with trading for players is the quarantine...so MB would have to get on it pretty damn quick.

It should have already been done. as the lack of quality LD is a problem that's gone on for years...Bergevin has to act or, like he's already stated to Waite when he was terminated, he knows it's his arse on the line next...

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
It should have already been done. as the lack of quality LD is a problem that's gone on for years...Bergevin has to act or, like he's already stated to Waite when he was terminated, he knows it's his arse on the line next...

Don't agree.

Unlike the past number of years, we are actually well stocked with real prospects on LD. With Edmundson and Chiarot signed for a while longer. the last thing we need is another LD clogging up the pipeline. For now, we've got Mete, Leskinen, Oloffson and Ouellet as short term measures while Chiarot recovers. Or Romanov can be returned to the left side and Fleury called up to take his place beside Kulak. And on the horizon, Harris, Norlinder, Guhle, Struble, Fairbrother and others. All LD.

A trade for a LD should have been made three years ago. Not now.

Reactions: BLONG7 and 1909

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I know he's not everyone's favourite...but it's going to hurt the Habs to not have him in the lineup for any length of time.

He's by far our most physical D. I love that hit he laid on B. Tkachuk -- in fact on both brothers. Fought both. He's a tough mother f***er.

He kills penalties too. Romanov & Mete both suck at that. Kulak isn't great either.

Not sure why he & Miller fought? That was a weird one.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
He's by far our most physical D. I love that hit he laid on B. Tkachuk -- in fact on both brothers. Fought both. He's a tough mother f***er.

He kills penalties too. Romanov & Mete both suck at that. Kulak isn't great either.

Miller was trying to jump start his team, they were heavily outplayed.

Reactions: robert ethan

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

TO me romanov to the left and fleury gets an audition on the right with kulak.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Muzzin deal was a 1st plus two of recent 2nd round picks in the Leafs system..

I think a comparable is 1st, Brook/Harris/Struble, and then Mysak/Tuch perhaps.
It’ll be a buyers market IMO - Leafs, Habs & Jets. How much $ are Preds bleeding? I suspect a lot.

1st + Brook + rights to Ikonen

Muzzin deal: 1st + Grundstrom + rights to Durzi

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Don't agree.

Unlike the past number of years, we are actually well stocked with real prospects on LD. With Edmundson and Chiarot signed for a while longer. the last thing we need is another LD clogging up the pipeline. For now, we've got Mete, Leskinen, Oloffson and Ouellet as short term measures while Chiarot recovers. Or Romanov can be returned to the left side and Fleury called up to take his place beside Kulak. And on the horizon, Harris, Norlinder, Guhle, Struble, Fairbrother and others. All LD.

A trade for a LD should have been made three years ago. Not now.

I totally understand growing the kids slowly, but the window for this core is shrinking rapidly...yes, this should have been done years ago, but Bergevin is at the point now where it seems his arse is finally on the line and a stopgap Top 4 guy like Ekholm would be for the next 1.5 years is who is going to help the team compete for the Cup now, not in a few years time when Price & Weber are basically done...

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Chariot might be our most physical D but his stats in season in every categories are absolutely awful. Sucks that he got an injury , but perhaps it finally gives the chance for another player to create a new dynamic

Reactions: habsfan891

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It’ll be a buyers market IMO - Leafs, Habs & Jets. How much $ are Preds bleeding? I suspect a lot.

1st + Brook + rights to Ikonen

Muzzin deal: 1st + Grundstrom + rights to Durzi

I think pretty much every team in the league is thinking that old saying: "if we just added a top 4 D and a top 6 forward, we'd be contenders." I expect quite the bidding war for Ekholm's services - and low prorated 3.75M cap hit.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I think pretty much every team in the league is thinking that old saying: "if we just added a top 4 D and a top 6 forward, we'd be contenders." I expect quite the bidding war for Ekholm's services - and low prorated 3.75M cap hit.
100% this + I think the fact that Ekholm won't need 2 weeks of bubble for Canada , i think heavily that he will be traded to an american team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad