GDT: 8/26/20 - 8:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #3 Boston [ECSF Game 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heddyzeppelin

Aug 24, 2020
I can’t imagine why Cassidy thought it was a good thing to change the matchup for their first line. But thanks!!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Kucherov on the left side of the PP changes the game. It reminded me of when we had Drouin over there. It takes the one-timer away, but puts him in QB mode, with Serg as Option #1. That could be lethal. I would like to swap Palat for Hedman though, as the lefty shooter, even though Palat has been great over all. He's just not a good option to shoot from that spot, and I think Hedman would be lethal there, and just generally has better puck skills.

Reactions: Hockey4Life91

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Kucherov on the left side of the PP changes the game. It reminded me of when we had Drouin over there. It takes the one-timer away, but puts him in QB mode, with Serg as Option #1. That could be lethal. I would like to swap Palat for Hedman though, as the lefty shooter, even though Palat has been great over all. He's just not a good option to shoot from that spot, and I think Hedman would be lethal there, and just generally has better puck skills.

They just got 3 goals and Sergachev had a hand in all of them so they get a bit of a leash now. Let's chalk it up to great coaching though cause nobody saw moving Kucherov to left as an option, he looked a hundred times better there and Palat was ripping shots from the right.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
This is a really great idea. Palat got lucky on his goal. We need a lefty who can rip one-timers from that spot, and Palat is not that player. If Kuch keeps feeding Serg in the middle, that, too, will become predictable and the new look will dry up.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
They just got 3 goals and Sergachev had a hand in all of them so they get a bit of a leash now. Let's chalk it up to great coaching though cause nobody saw moving Kucherov to left as an option, he looked a hundred times better there and Palat was ripping shots from the right.

I saw Palat flubbing more shots than he ripped. I agree that I wouldn't change it now, but Palat is definitely the weak spot for the moment. One of the most lethal PPs we have ever iced was Drouin-Hedman-Kucherov across the top. I think Kucherov - Sergachev - X will work great (....Or Hedman up top and Sergachev in the one-timer spot), but over time I think Hedman, or some other lefty, will be a better option than Palat in that spot.

The Drouin-Hedman-Kucherov PP was borderline unstoppable, in what short time we saw it (30-40 games?). I think we have the pieces to recreate that, and I don't know that teams would have enough time to adjust.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Our team D has been so f***ing good. If we can just take away that cross ice on the pk we will be scary.

Seriously. How has Zach Bogosian become a legit impact player? His work and tenacity tracking down that breakaway was incredible. Of all the moves we've made, THAT could be the big one. Which makes me seriously chuckle out loud a bit.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I saw Palat flubbing more shots than he ripped. I agree that I wouldn't change it now, but Palat is definitely the weak spot for the moment. One of the most lethal PPs we have ever iced was Drouin-Hedman-Kucherov across the top. I think Kucherov - Sergachev - X will work great (....Or Hedman up top and Sergachev in the one-timer spot), but over time I think Hedman, or some other lefty, will be a better option than Palat in that spot.

The Drouin-Hedman-Kucherov PP was borderline unstoppable, in what short time we saw it (30-40 games?). I think we have the pieces to recreate that, and I don't know that teams would have enough time to adjust.

Defenders maybe forget Kucherov is on his off wing and his shot won't be as dangerous but they're just drawn to the threat level. They were pulled hard to the left which opened up a lot from the top for Sergachev. Regardless of who's on the right, I think it's good that this set-up works, it's a good backup plan if the fully loaded PP set up goes cold when Stamkos is back.

Reactions: DFC

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo

Actually I did, as i suggested in a previous thread during the CLB series. I stated since the PP wasn't effective & missing Stamkos we adopt a PP strategy like other teams have with the left point threat (example-Mcdavid with EDM, even Texier with CLB who had success against us this year & last). It's a fresh look & breaks up the monotony of our stagnant powerplay. Plus it gives Kuch a new shooting/passing look & takes away his struggling one-timer they kept forcing him. I'm surprised you forgot since you like to reference old posts :thumbu: ... but i'm glad Cooper at least took my suggestion to heart. Whatta you know...it worked!

I still love you tho :D

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Defenders maybe forget Kucherov is on his off wing and his shot won't be as dangerous but they're just drawn to the threat level. They were pulled hard to the left which opened up a lot from the top for Sergachev. Regardless of who's on the right, I think it's good that this set-up works, it's a good backup plan if the fully loaded PP set up goes cold when Stamkos is back.
His shot will be almost as dangerous. The main thing would be the loss of his one timer.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
The last half period of the NBC broadcast was great, though, they sounded like they were mourning the loss of a loved one.
Honestly, I hate chirping other fans but ... Boston fans?? lol - that's whole other deal

they're whining all over Twitter and IG that the refs were bad, and that we were, ready for it???

"mean to our AHL goalie" :laugh:

Mean? We could have made that score 12 - 1 ... Oh Boston fans, please, let me get my kerchief and wipe that little milk stache off your face ya big baybeeees

The announcers - only thanking God or whatever - that Mike-the-pie-hole is not broadcasting... bunch o' whiny, pedantic, pedestrian snots

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Seriously. How has Zach Bogosian become a legit impact player? His work and tenacity tracking down that breakaway was incredible. Of all the moves we've made, THAT could be the big one. Which makes me seriously chuckle out loud a bit.

The guy's been waiting 11 years to make the playoffs. He's probably thinking this is his last shot.

The last half period of the NBC broadcast was great, though, they sounded like they were mourning the loss of a loved one.

If you can believe it, they were being accused of having a Tampa bias in the Boston board thread.

Honestly, I hate chirping other fans but ... Boston fans?? lol - that's whole other deal

they're whining all over Twitter and IG that the refs were bad, and that we were, ready for it???

"mean to our AHL goalie" :laugh:

Mean? We could have made that score 12 - 1 ... Oh Boston fans, please, let me get my kerchief and wipe that little milk stache off your face ya big baybeeees

The announcers - only thanking God or whatever - that Mike-the-pie-hole is not broadcasting... bunch o' whiny, pedantic, pedestrian snots

More tales from the Boston game thread: I saw at least one poster wishing "many injuries" to Tampa fans. That was the worst, but not only, of the pretty sad stuff going on in that thread.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Drouin used to score from that spot, mainly because teams were so focused on the one-timer. Kucherov is a lot sneakier with his shots, and just a much better shooter in general. There's a chance he'll be an even more dangerous shooter now that he's not just one-timing pucks on goal. There's a lot of potential here, IMO.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
More tales from the Boston game thread: I saw at least one poster wishing "many injuries" to Tampa fans. That was the worst, but not only, of the pretty sad stuff going on in that thread.
Steve Dangle Glynn (Gwynn??) wished that openly in hit Twitter posts AND in his video junk on Jake Dotchin...

Can you imagine someone like Bob McK or Pierre LeBrun or any other of that caliber being so crass?

me either ... no wonder TOR and BOS hate each other so much; fans built from same, devolved cloth

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Gourde over Palat is enough with me. Quite good one timer.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Coleman has more impact so far imo, but it's arguable because we had zero expectations with Bogo, he's really getting better. This team always lacked scoring depth from the bottom 6 tho, he's the player Tampa's been missing for years. Fast, smart, defensively sound, great work ethic and a possible scoring threat.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
His shot will be almost as dangerous. The main thing would be the loss of his one timer.
Kuch seems to be streaky with the one-timer. He's either on or off the mark, and right now he's off by a mile, just useless. So it's good he's on the other side for now, feels like he pushed the reset button learning a new role and nothing prevents to put him back on the left in a while.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Coleman has more impact so far imo, but it's arguable because we had zero expectations with Bogo, he's really getting better. This team always lacked scoring depth from the bottom 6 tho, he's the player Tampa's been missing for years. Fast, smart, defensively sound, great work ethic and a possible scoring threat.
Goalman*

Reactions: Hoek and PJ817

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
The steady, mature play of all of Bogo, Schenn, and Coburn has been a godsend. In the playoffs these old dudes have been oases of poise.

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I think Schenn and Coburn bring more more of a physical presence this series. It looks like we'll be running 7D per game but if they did cut it down to 6 I'd consider sitting Cernak and Shattenkirk.

Hedman - Schenn
McDonagh - Bogosian
Sergachev - Coburn

Just feels deeper and more balanced, Cernak and Shattenkirk have been the worse defensively these playoffs

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I think Schenn and Coburn bring more more of a physical presence this series. It looks like we'll be running 7D per game but if they did cut it down to 6 I'd consider sitting Cernak and Shattenkirk.

Hedman - Schenn
McDonagh - Bogosian
Sergachev - Coburn

Just feels deeper and more balanced, Cernak and Shattenkirk have been the worse defensively these playoffs

I mean the more minutes schenn plays the more he’d get exposed. Him and Cernak are probably on par.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad