Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
SIu9MAt.gif
I loved this game as a kid.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

twenty5psi

Feb 27, 2018
Well, I guess the upside to playoff back-to-backs is if you win both you can really flip a series on its head in the span of about 24 hours.

Good game all around, now just keep your foot on the gas.

Multipass

Oct 30, 2014
We looked pretty good there. It helps that the Bruins looked like garbage. When their top line is not dominating they look harmless.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Tried to stay away...complete win. Workman like night on the ice.

Saw some much needed urgency.

Still early. But Let's Go Bolts!

BoltsOfAnarchy

May 12, 2018
Largo
Somebody here, I forget who, after last game asked if we could have a “laugher” of a game just once instead of those tight-knuckle, one goal games....

Well, hats off to you, we got just that! And it was oh so sweet!!! Maybe you should play the lottery

(But, it surely was not Sky04)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Somebody here, I forget who, after last game asked if we could have a “laugher” of a game just once instead of those tight-knuckle, one goal games....

Well, hats off to you, we got just that! And it was oh so sweet!!! Maybe you should play the lottery

(But, it surely was not Sky04)

I have no idea what you're saying but weren't you ragging on the Coleman and Goodrow trades and just yesterday saying Cooper failed the team by not signing Pavelski and getting those 2 instead?

:laugh:

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Was thinking how nice it was for Point, Hedman and Kucherov to get a good rest with it being a blowout but Cassidy only played Bergeron and Marchand 13:00 / 15:00 mins tonight cause he knew they had no chance either :laugh:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
And what’s the talk about Boston needing some rest and being dead tired? We played the night before too. Hedman played almost 30 minutes in game 2 and we’re down Stamkos and McDonagh. We went to 5OT and another OT the round before. Such a lame ass excuse.

Reactions: longtime lurker

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
First time I’ve really seen a team give up in a playoff game like that. Bolts were ready and Bruins looked like they did not want to play the 2nd night of a back to back. 2 wins down, 2 to go to knock Boston out.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Wow, I hadn't seen this. That's suspendable. There is no reason to ever axe chop with your stick down on someone elses' head.

Since he's a Bruin, he'll likely get nothing for it, but that was super dangerous and dirty.

His defense will be he was off-balance. We can clearly see that's BS though.

Reactions: PRZ45MD

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
And what’s the talk about Boston needing some rest and being dead tired? We played the night before too. Hedman played almost 30 minutes in game 2 and we’re down Stamkos and McDonagh. We went to 5OT and another OT the round before. Such a lame ass excuse.

Their core is older than ours, significantly. With McDonagh out, our oldest core player is Hedman, and he has very light mileage for a 29 year-old, elite #1 defenseman. I feel like we should have asked to play 7 games in 7 nights.

For as critical as I, and many others, have been of Cooper's usage of Hedman over the years, this is where it could pay off big-time. From what I can see, he's still getting better. Not flashier, but he's getting "great" on a more consistent basis. Very, very rare for him to make a huge mistake these days, and even more rare for him to have a bad game, and he still takes over when it counts. Usually experience and physical skills are a trade off--as a player accumulates experience, his skills decline. But Hedman doesn't have those hard, constant miles that a guy like Ryan Suter has on his legs, so I think we're getting the best of both worlds.

He's unquestionably the best defender in the game, as far as I'm concerned, and I think he's getting to that place where the proper questions are more about where he fits into history.

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
Their core is older than ours, significantly. With McDonagh out, our oldest core player is Hedman, and he has very light mileage for a 29 year-old, elite #1 defenseman. I feel like we should have asked to play 7 games in 7 nights.

For as critical as I, and many others, have been of Cooper's usage of Hedman over the years, this is where it could pay off big-time. From what I can see, he's still getting better. Not flashier, but he's getting "great" on a more consistent basis. Very, very rare for him to make a huge mistake these days, and even more rare for him to have a bad game, and he still takes over when it counts. Usually experience and physical skills are a trade off--as a player accumulates experience, his skills decline. But Hedman doesn't have those hard, constant miles that a guy like Ryan Suter has on his legs, so I think we're getting the best of both worlds.

He's unquestionably the best defender in the game, as far as I'm concerned, and I think he's getting to that place where the proper questions are more about where he fits into history.

Yep. We owe the Islanders a big thank you for taking Tavares in front of Hedman. Tavares is a fine player but he isn’t close to Hedman’s level. Completely changed the fate of the franchise when the Lightning were able to draft him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad