Pre-Game Talk: 8/17 8:07 PM - ECQF GAME 4 - BRUINS lead series 2-1 - NESN, SN, SN4K, NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
This I would try....

Bruins need to keep Kurl/Coyle together...Studnicka too but perhaps he moves to the top line.

The 2nd and 4th line do not change.

Just not sure where Bjork fits if Pasta is back.

As of right now, he doesn't imo

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
People might not like it but i actually respect his decision to have bjork play again. The kid has a lot of raw talent and to me his biggest issues are related to weakness in battles, i think his penalties are a result of him trying to up his compete and aggression and it just back fired. I think it shows a lot of thoughtfulness on cassidy’s part to just roll him out again. Can work wonders for a young players confidence and i wouldnt be surprised to see one of bjork’s best games yet

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
People might not like it but i actually respect his decision to have bjork play again. The kid has a lot of raw talent and to me his biggest issues are related to weakness in battles, i think his penalties are a result of him trying to up his compete and aggression and it just back fired. I think it shows a lot of thoughtfulness on cassidy’s part to just roll him out again. Can work wonders for a young players confidence and i wouldnt be surprised to see one of bjork’s best games yet

Agreed. If he's overwhelmed being on the #1 line, I don't see why Studnicka wouldn't also be; he's got even fewer NHL games under his belt.

Bjork at least has reps with Bergy and Marchand, and had played well overall, and Stud played well with Coyle's line. Why mess with that? Not to mention the fact that Coyle has arguably been the better centre thus far, so it's not exactly a bad thing to be on his line.

And I'm sure Bjork has got the message about avoiding unnecessary penalties.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Who knows, but my sense is that the guys are speaking genuinely and naturally. It doesn't seem that they're trying to choose their words carefully, if they were toeing the company line. Hockey players are not known to be good actors.
I can see that. But I can also see them being pissed at him seeing how everyone is in the same situation. But we dont know the whole situation either. If the whole family is healthy I could see the teammates talking major shit about him in the locker room.
Especially seeing how he couldve opted out earlier like Kampfer did.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Holy shit we're all on the same page with Pasta?! ;)

I don't want to see Pasta unless he's was close to 100% as possible or it's a deciding game.
Shouldn’t it depend on what’s bothering him? If it’s a partial tear of a ligament, sure, but maybe he just has the shits?

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
As long as it’s a very short leash I’m ok with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad