Pre-Game Talk: 8/17 8:07 PM - ECQF GAME 4 - BRUINS lead series 2-1 - NESN, SN, SN4K, NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-8-16_17-4-30.png

upload_2020-8-16_17-5-11.png

WBZ_FM_LU.gif

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
If the Bruins were 2-1 down rather than up, I reckon Pasta would be more likely to play. As it is, they may be a little more cautious.

The Bruins brought much better effort in the 2nd and 3rd periods last game and controlled a lot of the play, their special teams got the job done, defense was much tighter and Halak was very good, especially playing at short notice. But we still need to see better 5v5 offensive production, both to get this series done and especially if they plan on going much deeper in this tournament. Obviously Pasta will help with that, and I think the 2nd line is showing real promise and they should stick with it, but the bottom 6 is still very much up for discussion.

I'd be very tempted to roll out Studnicka with Coyle again. He's got such good hands, agility and already he reads the play well, and Carolina are not a team that will punish him physically, so his lack of weight may not hurt him here. I know Bjork struggled on the 1st line last game, but I think he's been fine on the 3rd and he should at least get a chance to return to 3LW and show his merit there once Pasta returns. Otherwise I'm not completely against Kuraly or even Wags getting more time on the 3rd, because Lindholm is a perfectly competent 4C so if either works there, it won't harm the 4th to shift them up. I see no place for Ritchie against the Canes, but he could be useful against the likes of Tampa. I would have said the Caps too, but they look done. Otherwise Frederic and Seny are of course in the mix, but it's hard to comment on them given they haven't played any hockey in months and we don't know how they're looking in practices. You'd have to at least remain open to trying them though, until we start to solidify a lineup that can score more consistently.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
If Pasta is 50/50... don't play him. We've got a 2-1 lead.... obviously you want to extend it but I think it's more important he gets fully healthy, or as close as possible versus coming back too early.

If Pasta isn't ready to play, does anyone make any lineup changes?
If Bruins lose Game 4 the series immediately swings back in the Canes favor with the goalie situation and having the "momentum". I don't think you can ever really feel comfortable in a series to make a lineup decision that you wouldn't otherwise make. If he's good to go, he's good to go. If he isn't, he isn't.

If he isn't good to go, I'd like to see Stud up on line 1. Give Bjork another shot on the 3rd line even with the penalty troubles.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
If Pasta is 50/50... don't play him. We've got a 2-1 lead.... obviously you want to extend it but I think it's more important he gets fully healthy, or as close as possible versus coming back too early.

I agree. If he was 75-80% ready I'd start him but not at 50%, there's a good chance he could be set back either by his own actions or getting hit by someone. Bruins are up 2-1 so I'd let him rest another day.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

i agree with this, it also forces the other lines to step up and get rid of the bruins are a one line team sentiment which had weight at times

i want to see coyle continue his play and i want to see debrusk and studnicka score some goals

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I agree. If he was 75-80% ready I'd start him but not at 50%, there's a good chance he could be set back either by his own actions or getting hit by someone. Bruins are up 2-1 so I'd let him rest another day.
Agreed . The Bruins can win with the same lineup and Carolina will also be missing one of there better forwards . If he’s not ready , save him for later in the series .

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Svechnikov out lessens the blow of no Pastrnak. Even with him, the Canes' offense only managed the one gift goal. They take lots of shots from the point and can play keep-away effectively for long stretches. But the B's have managed to bend but not break, for the most part.

Eddie O and Anson Carter both said at the end of the last game they'd start Reimer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad