Pre-Game Talk: 8/17 8:07 PM - ECQF GAME 4 - BRUINS lead series 2-1 - NESN, SN, SN4K, NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I’m probably by myself on this one but if Pasta can play and the team medical staff clears him I play him regardless what the series is. Now saying all that I don’t think he plays tonight. These are the Stanley Cup Playoffs nobody is a hundred percent.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
If Pasta sits, he’ll have more time to knit.

upload_2020-8-17_7-30-15.jpeg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

No Svechnikov and sounds like no Edmundson. Looks like the Carolina lines will be a hot mess in the GDT thread graphic so my apologies in advance

Reactions: bbfan419 and BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Asked about his lineup for tonight by the beat, Brind’amour could only be heard mumbling, “which one is it? You tell me. I have to pick one so you tell me.”

Reactions: BMC

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I don't rush Pasta back, no sense in potentially worsening his injury, though I also really don't love Bjork on the top line. Maybe try Wags there, bring some physicality to the line.

Marchand-Bergy-Wagner
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kase
Bjork-Coyle-Kuhlman
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Lindholm

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
That works for me as well. Studs played pretty well and Bjork wasn't bad with Coyle either.
Bjork and Coyle I thought looked like they had some solid chemistry. I think Bjork was simply over matched in game 3 and possibly targeted a little. I thought the first penalty was tacky but the other 2 were definitely penalties.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I don't rush Pasta back, no sense in potentially worsening his injury, though I also really don't love Bjork on the top line. Maybe try Wags there, bring some physicality to the line.

Marchand-Bergy-Wagner
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kase
Bjork-Coyle-Kuhlman

Wagner shouldn't be anywhere close to the top line. It's ok if you're trying to protect a lead at the end of the game, but otherwise he shouldn't be there.

Assuming Pastrnak's still out, I'd be fine with keeping the lineup from Saturday, but flipping Bjork and Studnicka.

Marchand-Bergeron-Studnicka
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kase
Kuraly-Coyle-Bjork
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

I wouldn't be surprised to see them sit Bjork. It's what they'd normally do after such a bad game. Personally, I'd be curious to see Senyshyn in there at 3RW. He was solid on the 3rd line in his call-up this year, and I think it's worth cycling through your options, just to see what you have.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
So with Pasta in who comes out considering lines 2 3 and 4 were effective? Bjork? Thinking this would be a mistake.
I thought Lindholm played great, would be tempted to go with Lindholm, Nordstrom and Kuraly on the 4th line, put Stud with Coyle and Bjork on line 3, that means Wagner would have to sit, which I don't really like either, but someone would have to sit and I want Stud in there even when Pasta comes back.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Marchand-Bergy-Wagner
DeBrusk-Krejci-Kase
Bjork-Coyle-Kuhlman
Stud would be in there before Kuhlman

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
If Pastrnak isn’t ready to go I’d try Nordstrom on the top line. He’s been fantastic. He could forecheck and dig up pucks for 63 & 37

This I would try....

Bruins need to keep Kurl/Coyle together...Studnicka too but perhaps he moves to the top line.

The 2nd and 4th line do not change.

Just not sure where Bjork fits if Pasta is back.

Reactions: Oates2Neely
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad