Post-Game Talk: #8 - 10/24/19 | sabres @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Nice rebound against a good team. Didn't get to see it but really happy for Howden getting on the board and playing very well.

Strome was good too. He's been good most of the year.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Very strange. Guy looks very engaged, is making **** happen, and seems to be busting his ass to get back on D and being in the right place

In the post game presser it was obvious (to me) that when DQ was talking about "bad habits creeping in" he was talking about Buch flying the zone early.

He spent a good 30 seconds+ ripping Buch on the bench.

To me that says that he expects more from him. Buch had his best game of the season. And DQ is simply telling him that he can't take a shift off like that.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
This is going to be a hallmark of this team.

When things are going bad, it will be really bad. When things are going well, they will be dunking on teams.

There is no denying that they are very talented, but they are also very green.

As a group, they haven't mastered the mental aspect of never getting too down when things aren't going well, or getting too high when things are going well. That ability to keep an even keel is something that has to be learned through experience.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Very strange. Guy looks very engaged, is making **** happen, and seems to be busting his ass to get back on D and being in the right place

Play in question can be seen here at 7:15:

Buch kind of floats into the nuetral zone instead of providing support or a pass option. I believe this is what really pissed off DQ.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Being a sports fan is a socially acceptable way of living out our tribal tendencies as human beings. It certainly beats politics and war.

I agree its an interesting topic.

I'd read that book
Itd need a lot of deep thought. At the heart of a book like that would be compassion, empathy, and a keen eye for stuff that goes beyond simply numbers and easily misconstrued facts.

So if MH is the author that's a very hard pass for me

Now give ME a book about being a bitter, jaded asshole loner fed up with everyone's bullshit and I'd knock it out of the park but we already have Holden Caulfield

Last edited:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Play in question can be seen here at 7:15:

Buch kind of floats into the nuetral zone instead of providing support or a pass option. I believe this is what really pissed off DQ.

Definitely happy with DQ for letting him know it is unacceptable and bad habits can spread like wild fire especially after a successful game. However, fans saying Buch looks off and no chemistry is wayyyy off from reality.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Why is it we lose and everyone picks it apart, and then we win against one of the best teams in the league and we are still picking it apart. Be happy, we had a good game, hopefully it's a sign of things to come. There is no such thing as a perfect team.
Before I opened this I thought about just posting

"Rangers dominate top team. Fans still complain. News at 11."

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
He still has some defensive warts to iron out. The other issue is that Trouba already got paid. Fox will eventually get paid. How much money can they tie up on the right side of defense?
Ok, in 3 years when Fox needs to get paid we can discuss his bridge when we get to it.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
He still has some defensive warts to iron out. The other issue is that Trouba already got paid. Fox will eventually get paid. How much money can they tie up on the right side of defense?

Not at UFA value for quite some time, thankfully. That's halfways the point of developing young players in the cap era.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Trouba isn't going anywhere. He's a cornerstone on D, and he has a NMC starting next year. Fox is part of the long term solution.

I think Tony will eventually be the odd man out, but not right now.

I could see them giving Tony a high AAV 1-2 year deal this upcoming summer. That potentially takes the team up to the end of Fox's ELC, and Tony will be an RFA that *hopefully* has been playing well. Trade him somewhere he can sign for long term, and gain whatever assets that come with him.

Also gives Lundkvist some time to develop, and ease him into things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad