GDT: #8 – Sabres at Kings – Thu Oct 23, 10:30PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
We are about to score 1 goal over our last 4 games. I am speechless. I expected bad to really bad but this ineptitude is atrociously record type bad. We better end up with ATLEAST Eichel, but for how bad 13-14 and 14-15 will be I really want McDavid. If we end up at 2 I would offer 2 (Eichel), Grigorenko, NYI 1at, STL 1st and Armia to move up.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Myers demeanor is what it is. He's not going to develop a mean streak. He's not going to become half of what Chara or Pronger is/was. We've seen him get aggravated or upset about 4-5 games a year. He's using his body size more, sure. But he won't ever be known as nasty to play against. Tough perhaps, but not nasty.

I don't think he will get to the Pronger, Chara level mean of son of a ***** level. But his aggression has definitely improved since he entered the league. Tough is enough for me and arguably he has played aggravated most of the games this season.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
We are about to score 1 goal over our last 4 games. I am speechless. I expected bad to really bad but this ineptitude is atrociously record type bad. We better end up with ATLEAST Eichel, but for how bad 13-14 and 14-15 will be I really want McDavid. If we end up at 2 I would offer 2 (Eichel), Grigorenko, NYI 1at, STL 1st and Armia to move up.

Beg them to take on the entire crop of current top six and hope to golly they like the panting act.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
How many periods of zero goals before there's consensus that these lines are entirely too disjointed to produce any sort of sustainable offense?

Sure, the odd shift of almost pressure, the odd solo guy making a play, but this isn't even a one line team any more. At least last year, with much of the same cast, could generally put together one line a game.

:help:

Man they're playing some of the best teams in the league right now, and no surprise these teams are great possession teams. The Sabres are playing their ***** off, but they're simply being out classed. When they play average to mediocre teams they will look better.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
"Not a bad period for the Sabres, but they made a lot of mistakes." -R. Ray

Ennis and Hodgson are irritating to watch. They'll never win with players like that. Myers looks bad too.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Man they're playing some of the best teams in the league right now, and no surprise these teams are great possession teams. The Sabres are playing their ***** off, but they're simply being out classed. When they play average to mediocre teams they will look better.

This is the NHL. Poor teams beat good ones all the time (see BUF vs sj last year). It's impossible for a great team to show up and compete 82 games a year. This Sabre team can't even average a single goal per game. This has nothing to do with how good LA and ANA are but how bad we are. La and ANA are very good but they aren't dominant.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Buffalo's best offensive surge of the night from the Hodgson line. Started by Stewart shaking off Martinez…

HOWEVER, that same line sucks in its own end……...

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Yeah if Deslauriers took a penalty that cost a goal in Anaheim or cost his team a goal like tonight because of a stupid cross check people would be saying it was fine amirite?

Not if it wasnt a penalty.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Not that he is getting much time and he got worked by Doughty, but everybody wants to see more Zadorov after this game right?

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I just saw the box score and saw Stafford fought McNabb....What was the outcome of that one ?

dan213

Dec 26, 2010
Buffalo, NY

It is pretty shocking how there isn't 1 guy capable of finishing on an entire NHL roster.

And it's just showing how there is still going to be a lot of bad years coming up even if we get McDavid in this draft. This team isn't going to suddenly turn it around just because we get 1 elite prospect.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This is the NHL. Poor teams beat good ones all the time (see BUF vs sj last year). It's impossible for a great team to show up and compete 82 games a year. This Sabre team can't even average a single goal per game. This has nothing to do with how good LA and ANA are but how bad we are. La and ANA are very good but they aren't dominant.

ANA and LA aren't dominant? Good one. This has EVERYTHING to do with how good those teams are. Don't kid yourself.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Enroth has come back with solid effort after letting the softie in.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Aweee that's so cute - Gionta and Ennis spinning together while the puck goes the other way.:sarcasm:

Bps21*

I've figured out the analogy I want for what watching this season is. You know that old saying "you don't want to see how the sausage gets made"?

This is it.

This is how the sausage gets made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad