GDT: #8 – Sabres at Kings – Thu Oct 23, 10:30PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
DO NOT BLINK!

Do not look now, don't jinx it, but Sabres have 4 of 6 guys in the face-off dot above 60% at the SAME TIME! Forget that combined the team is at 44%, 4 of 6 draw takers are ABOVE 50% at the SAME time!

DO NOT BLINK!

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I hope Myers takes 150 pims this year. Just excessive aggression every chance he gets. Build a reputation that will give him some space for the next few years.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Not bad. Only one goal against off a bad penalty call. But then I remembered watching Kings-Blues play a couple of nights ago and realized that LA is kinda skating at only 3/4 speed.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I hope Myers takes 150 pims this year. Just excessive aggression every chance he gets. Build a reputation that will give him some space for the next few years.
If any other player on the team took the stupid cross checking penalties Myers loves to take that player would be roasted. But when Myers does it he's "being aggressive" I don't get it. He cost his team a goal tonight by doing this and you could say he did last night as well. I don't think getting into fights and doing poorly or taking stupid penalties is going to earn him any space. The guy was dummied by Patrice Bergeron in a fight for crying out loud.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
How many periods of zero goals before there's consensus that these lines are entirely too disjointed to produce any sort of sustainable offense?

Sure, the odd shift of almost pressure, the odd solo guy making a play, but this isn't even a one line team any more. At least last year, with much of the same cast, could generally put together one line a game.

:help:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
If any other player on the team took the stupid cross checking penalties Myers loves to take that player would be roasted. But when Myers does it he's "being aggressive" I don't get it. He cost his team a goal tonight by doing this and you could say he did last night as well. I don't think getting into fights and doing poorly or taking stupid penalties is going to earn him any space. The guy was dummied by Patrice Bergeron in a fight for crying out loud.

Give me a break.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY

I'd be very happy if he could develop a mean streak. I suppose that's the next step in his physical play...seems like just yesterday we were shocked to see him throw a hit or use his size

Let's just say...there's one main element that separates Myers from Chara. I'm not saying he'll become Chara...anything close would be fantastic

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca

Personally, I wouldnt. I don't mind players taking aggressive / physical penalties nor ones involving sticking up for a teammate (Stafford tonight). What I do roast players over is the lazy penalties (hooking, holding, etc.)

Love Myers aggressive / physical play tonight. Zadorov has had some nice hits along the boards as well. Yeah he got burned by Doughty, but most players do, he is elite. But he didnt give up on the play, chased him down and plastered him to the boards.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
How many periods of zero goals before there's consensus that these lines are entirely too disjointed to produce any sort of sustainable offense?

Sure, the odd shift of almost pressure, the odd solo guy making a play, but this isn't even a one line team any more. At least last year, with much of the same cast, could generally put together one line a game.

:help:

True but look who's gone (and what they are doing elsewhere…. Pommer, Vanek) and who's replaced them. Most folks wanted our assets traded while they could bring value. This is the suck phase of rebuilding. Endure the pain, it won't last forever…..

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@pham1717: Nolan has an earpiece tonight so he can be in contact with Trottier upstairs.

Trottier switched with Coolen as the guy upstairs.

I know everyone was waiting for an update on this. :laugh:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Myers demeanor is what it is. He's not going to develop a mean streak. He's not going to become half of what Chara or Pronger is/was. We've seen him get aggravated or upset about 4-5 games a year. He's using his body size more, sure. But he won't ever be known as nasty to play against. Tough perhaps, but not nasty.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

I'm moderately kidding, but in all seriousness how do you think Chara gets away with that crap he pulls game in and game out? Or for that matter look at Doughty in this game? He has gotten in multiple cheap shots penalty free because he consistently plays that style. At a certain point refs let their expectations grow to allow for those types of plays, and only call the truly flagrant plays. Doughty would never get called for that garbage cross check penalty given to Myers at the end of the period, because he always plays on the edge. Refs are people, beat them down enough and they let things go. Of course you do have to combine that with skill and talent or you get the Kaleta treatment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad