2023-24 #2: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
How was Emil Andraes season?? Stats wise it looked pretty good for his first year in North America. How does his NHL potential look?

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Laperriere is making decisions for his future.
It seems to me that Lappy is taking care of his own future-going to be a lifelong Flyer. No other organization but the Flyers would take him.
Perhaps Briere and Jones have told Lappy to play Peterson in hopes that he'll catch a hot hand and some club would want to take him as a backup with the Flyers retaining half of his salary. Otherwise Fedotov should be in goal for a lot of reasons.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
It seems to me that Lappy is taking care of his own future-going to be a lifelong Flyer. No other organization but the Flyers would take him.
Perhaps Briere and Jones have told Lappy to play Peterson in hopes that he'll catch a hot hand and some club would want to take him as a backup with the Flyers retaining half of his salary. Otherwise Fedotov should be in goal for a lot of reasons.
Tuomaala and Desnoyers scratched as well. Lappy going for the hockey guy cliché of, "go with the guys that got you there", or something like that I guess. Seems about right for him.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I'll admit that the Phantoms outplayed Hershey for a significant chunk of the game on Saturday, but I couldn't help but notice the poor shot selection. So many logo hunters and unscreened floaters right into Shep's glove. Even Todd Nelson touched on it in his postgame interview, basically the Phantoms just shoot everything while the Bears try for better scoring opportunities. Shep has been dialed in the last half of the season (I believe his GAA was under 1.00 the last 5 or 6 games of the regular season), he doesn't get beaten too easily.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Anyone watching the games and can comment on how Hunter McDonald has looked?

He has looked "fine" in his limited role. Has been probably an average-ish bottom pairing AHLer so far.

Has been playing under 13 minutes a night over his AHL games. Some games has been featured on PK, sometimes not.

None of his four points, including his goal, have been more than kind of "scrappy" plays where not one of main reasons they scored.

He is at under 48% Corsi... I dont have the relative stats, but take it for what it is worth...

Andrae is at around 60% over the same span
Attard 57%
Grans 57%
Ginning 53%

And they are all playing 17-18+ minutes (Andrae up over 21 minutes).

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
For reference, Corsi on the season for the prospects playing on Phantoms D...

Attard: ~55.5%
Andrae: ~54%
Grans: ~52.5%
Samson: ~50%
Ginning: ~48.5%
Millman: ~48%
MacDonald: ~47.5%

Ofc, cant be directly compared with different roles, different games played in etc. But yeh...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I honestly was not aware our Prospect pool was this high? Good to see our goalie prospects are excellent.....and what to make of Barkley? Could he translate his brilliance onto the NHL?
The Flyers had always been drafting well, and able to project prospects who can take jumps in their D+1, the problem is what happens when they get here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad