GDT: #79| Hurricanes vs Penguins| SunMar31@!!5PMest!!| ATTSN-PT, FS-CR

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
VCa4SmQiCvhK8kzhfUpiGtKCOgeXR_x1fYAp3U1H83Xu3IIXhdQVZ1Sv-Itez04ofyv8TNPZDxnVw3cVfIJGReZEdCIeSCwDlU5lzIIi8YOVIhnXAPstSpUrAKpStaXJbEjK2GqQETIsJWgE8RQAVMjVTVHDN_PuYjOB3kZMR5Avr-Gl_ZpDK2Rp2AiEYa_uOQr9z9XJ33GkbccY3USBs8yD0s0YsGt6HjOjTZxy9Ck7mTKc0q9KeCeHo9Mb24srLACkSoRUwMZw47AVUUv19mDEH0d-xsDYaIqazkiKzUW4nlRTrT91zss-alIn62pr_6ZYiMOJjM76DknHjQtb0XOj9IACn95eHwy3aJjVUbgMiwuU6kDarkittYm31C9IK_d4Fg7E4G3s55ljxU9oqfq0bvSqGn4LkF75Gd6st8Z1025x04eYJASnUgFrHmnubx475WbbAJpQKyqF_qyEEPt54ZE0G5o1FI_AhRjrBebXR6uAPdi4JCdc0757GJGRfPLjeuGbhPAqKvf6Ny8cH-Ypxx6Ty5ZqvwYs5bdLMnu2MWStPcBPUS5WkzpEvP84XJQiX9h1_AM-_wSCq-yscypoAWlEIM6wlEC3_zPEVyROCCm-7GTFwq7e7AT2pkYyYlZnM0AICYqnXH2M7G3cg10Tcuhwc4mbaRhdoZ5sTiiHlxjvNCTvU_5QjUAwxDap0G2Xb3JBZ0Ze-EyK3JOdUR1q=w926-h402-no

If you are feeling bored by uninspired on-ice play, you can color in these fun logos!!!
30841853_172784333386729_2037229316365877248_n.jpg

Penguins Lines
Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Simon-Bjugstad-Kessel
McCann-Blueger-Hornqvist
Johson-Cullen-Wilson
Maatta-Dumoulin
Johnson-Schultz
Pettersson-Gudbranson
Murray
DeSmith
bddae9de6be7f4a0b1acbc1d56d8c439.jpg

Possible Hurricanes Lines
Niederreiter-Aho-Williams
Svechnikov-Staal-Teravainen
Ferland-Wallmark-Martinook
Foegele-McKegg-McGinn
Slavin-Hamilton
Pesce-Faulk
DeHaan-VanRiemsdyk
McElhinney
Mrazek

I'll believe Pittsburgh has a chance to win
when penguins fly...

giphy.gif

...oh....okay, then.

Let's
Go
Pens!

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I believe this game will be a true test of whether the Pens have what it takes to get to another SCF....down two important players against a really good opponent who beat them the last two times they played and both teams desperately needing a win...if they can’t win this game, I don’t think they’ll have the mettle to do much of anything in the POs...

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I believe this game will be a true test of whether the Pens have what it takes to get to another SCF....down two important players against a really good opponent who beat them the last two times they played and both teams desperately needing a win...if they can’t win this game, I don’t think they’ll have the mettle to do much of anything in the POs...

Big agree.

If they f***ing float through this shit and decide to just not fight for a win it is gonna be real ugly around here.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Why does playing Carolina equate to post season success though? I can't find a correlation there.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Why does playing Carolina equate to post season success though? I can't find a correlation there.

Both teams kinda need to win. If the Pens can't pull off a win in an important game, how are they gonna do it when every game is important?

Reactions: Andy99

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Both teams kinda need to win. If the Pens can't pull off a win in an important game, how are they gonna do it when every game is important?
I absolutely understand that, but I don't see how he can gauge post season success on this one game?
If the penguins come out flat or lose, how can you be be like ' welp, post season is failure... why bother now. can't beat carolina.'

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I absolutely understand that, but I don't see how he can gauge post season success on this one game?
If the penguins come out flat or lose, how can you be be like ' welp, post season is failure... why bother now. can't beat carolina.'

I've been on Team WhyBother since like November 2011. I keep showing up here for some reason. ahahahah.

Reactions: shoplifter

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
not just one game, one game without 2 of our best players.

Pens have enough talent remaining that missing Malkin and Letang shouldn't be an automatic loss or that we shouldn't expect a win, though.

Tomorrow's result likely comes down to which team plays a more complete 60 minutes. I have zero doubt that the Pens have enough firepower even without 71 and 58 to win, if they play 60 minutes.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I loved legos when I was young. I kept them forever and a couple of years ago I gave them to my cousin's little boy. It's crazy how expensive they are though.

Reactions: EightyOne

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Well this is probably the biggest game of the regular season. Too bad 71 and 58 won’t be participating.

Win and we likely seal a date with the Isles in the 2/3 matchup

Lose and we are likely a WC vs Washington or TB rd 1

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Would be nice if the Pens actually went out and dictated the play with a fast, aggressive first period. And score a GD 1st period goal for once.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Pens have enough talent remaining that missing Malkin and Letang shouldn't be an automatic loss or that we shouldn't expect a win, though.

Tomorrow's result likely comes down to which team plays a more complete 60 minutes. I have zero doubt that the Pens have enough firepower even without 71 and 58 to win, if they play 60 minutes.
Of course. But a loss today doesn't mean we don't have what it takes to go somewhere in the playoffs either.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Sid need to step up in this game and produce some points.

When your missing 2 of your top 3 players you can't have your best player not score and expect to beat a good team like Carolina.

Murray obviously needs to be good as well, Carolina will get shots and good scoring chances, they do that every game.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Of course. But a loss today doesn't mean we don't have what it takes to go somewhere in the playoffs either.

Sorry but if you’re playing your best and hardest against another team, who’s also playing their best and hardest, and it’s a critical game to get into the POs and for PO seeding, and you just can’t get it done against the type of team you’ll be seeing in the POs, I don’t think that speaks very well for your chances to advance far in the POs...it means you’re probably not good enough...people maybe hoping for a wing and a prayer from G and Letang, but if Pens have a chance to be a contender, this is a team they must beat now

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Sorry but if you’re playing your best and hardest against another team, who’s also playing their best and hardest, and it’s a critical game to get into the POs and for PO seeding, and you just can’t get it done against the type of team you’ll be seeing in the POs, I don’t think that speaks very well for your chances to advance far in the POs...it means you’re probably not good enough...people maybe hoping for a wing and a prayer from G and Letang, but if Pens have a chance to be a contender, this is a team they must beat now
it's not though.

1. Getting one or both of Geno and Letang back would make us a significantly better team. It's not a "wing and a prayer" to think they will make us better. They are not just good players; they are players this whole team is built around. They are absolutely huge losses.

2. You just don't win every game. You don't. What if we go in to round 1 and lose game 1? Does that mean we aren't good enough? Hell, what if we go down 0-2? Give it everything we have and still lose 2 in a row? Just pack it up and give up? Of course not. We've done that on the road to a Cup before (more than once). So saying that losing this regular season game tells us we can't go somewhere in the playoffs is just complete bullshit.

Usually I can at least get what you're saying with this negative stuff, but I think you're way off base on this one. That's not to say it's not an important game for some momentum and especially for seeding. It absolutely is. But it's definitely not a must win or we aren't good enough game.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Murray is 42nd in save percentage at home among goalies who have played at least 500 minutes and 4th in save percentage away from home. It's pretty incredible. The entire team seems to play better on the road but Murray's case is just so extreme. DeSmith's numbers at home are actually a lot better, so it's not just the skaters making it harder for the goalie at home.

Anyway, last game we saw karma paying Rinne back for 2017, now it would be nice for karma to pay us back for the last game against the Canes. ;) We need to follow that cliche and play hard for 60 minutes, hopefully one of Horny and Phil finally pots an even strength goal too.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad