GDT: #79| Hurricanes vs Penguins| SunMar31@!!5PMest!!| ATTSN-PT, FS-CR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
it's not though.

1. Getting one or both of Geno and Letang back would make us a significantly better team. It's not a "wing and a prayer" to think they will make us better. They are not just good players; they are players this whole team is built around. They are absolutely huge losses.

2. You just don't win every game. You don't. What if we go in to round 1 and lose game 1? Does that mean we aren't good enough? Hell, what if we go down 0-2? Give it everything we have and still lose 2 in a row? Just pack it up and give up? Of course not. We've done that on the road to a Cup before (more than once). So saying that losing this regular season game tells us we can't go somewhere in the playoffs is just complete bull****.

Usually I can at least get what you're saying with this negative stuff, but I think you're way off base on this one. That's not to say it's not an important game for some momentum and especially for seeding. It absolutely is. But it's definitely not a must win or we aren't good enough game.

Well if we drop to a WC spot, you have a much more sanguine view of the Pens chances to beat WSH or TB than I do....

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well if we drop to a WC spot, you have a much more sanguine view of the Pens chances to beat WSH or TB than I do....
if we want to win a Cup we have to go through them at some point. Winning or losing tonight doesn't change our chances of doing so.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Very few projections work out the way most think. Pens have to win this game for reasons of matchups. I think the pens are far better served with a Islanders team that lacks real scoring and goal tending that is proven in the playoffs.

Reactions: KIRK

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Sigh. If only the post season were truly locked up two weeks ago.

All those SO/OT losses. Shit if even 4 of the 11 were won it'd likely be a lock already.

Reactions: KIRK

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Score goals
Win game

Not hard, no?

SCORE GOALS!!! I am still salty about the last game. SCORE GOALS!! no excuse to lose tonight, no excuse to not be as hungry as Carolina. We have to be the worst offensive team the last 6 or 7 games.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
lol, no. I think the NHL partnered with OYO or something to make Lego-like figures. I don't play that knockoff ****! If it were real Lego...I'd be tempted to put some in the shelf hahaha.
You bet! I'm actually angry at Lego, at the Drozg Store the other day i saw individual figurines selling at 3.99$CAN, f***! They're surprise bags too so you don't even know what shit you're getting, f***! i'll never get my Lego SW Stormtroopers army!:mad:

EDIT: LET'S GO PENS!

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
YOUR REIGN OF MEDIOCRITY SHALL COME TO AN END. CANES WILL HAVE VENGEANCE.
giphy.gif

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
it's not though.

1. Getting one or both of Geno and Letang back would make us a significantly better team. It's not a "wing and a prayer" to think they will make us better. They are not just good players; they are players this whole team is built around. They are absolutely huge losses.

2. You just don't win every game. You don't. What if we go in to round 1 and lose game 1? Does that mean we aren't good enough? Hell, what if we go down 0-2? Give it everything we have and still lose 2 in a row? Just pack it up and give up? Of course not. We've done that on the road to a Cup before (more than once). So saying that losing this regular season game tells us we can't go somewhere in the playoffs is just complete bull****.

Usually I can at least get what you're saying with this negative stuff, but I think you're way off base on this one. That's not to say it's not an important game for some momentum and especially for seeding. It absolutely is. But it's definitely not a must win or we aren't good enough game.

I agree with you but what I would say and have been saying is that if we lose today our road gets much much tougher. The Isles are a nice story but they are nowhere near as good as Tampa or Washington and that’s who we are going to get if we don’t get at least a point today.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I agree with you but what I would say and have been saying is that if we lose today our road gets much much tougher. The Isles are a nice story but they are nowhere near as good as Tampa or Washington and that’s who we are going to get if we don’t get at least a point today.
1. I don't think that's what they were talking about, at least at first.
2. If we want to win, we have to go through those teams anyway. I agree I'd prefer to play the Isles in the first round, which makes today an important game. But as usual I think some folks here are way overstating the importance of a single game.

But yeah, a win today damn near locks us vs the Isles. Here's hoping for a good showing.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Checked the standings for the first time in a week. Montreal ain't passing us, but it's actually a strong possibility we get Tampa or Washington 1st round if we lose today. Canes have the ROW tie breaker. Sooooooo, we need ya 87.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad