OT: 78th Obsequious Banter Thread: Parlez-vous Français?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@Striiker This was the formal ice cream apology for the recently-completed bath. Hope everything is well.

20201213-113638.jpg
Awwwwwwww yes

What a glorious pup.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I've been footballing and studying for my final final, so I've only glanced at this story. It looks like a mess.

Been wondering if the Treasury breach is tied to this? I have no idea what software they use, or if it was a separate attack.

It’s a logical guess, but it’s still just a guess. No one knows yet.

SolarWinds is the most common Network Management System. Unfortunately for me, we’re listed as a customer on all of their literature, so we have to be thorough. Most everyone competent who uses them will be doing Tabletop Exercises, I imagine. I’ll be working through the night.

I just knew @JojoTheWhale wore flannel shirts on the weekends.

Fleece-lined flannel. Winter has no power here.

Trust nobody who dresses up at home. Psychopaths.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Ew I don't like these maps. Looks like my area is right on that tricky border area for ice. The kind of border area where rain washes away any road treatment and then things freeze later.
Yea, the low seems to want to hug the coast a bit more now. If you don't like snow, you like that track. Philly and the burbs could get shafted with the snow. We're going to be right in the battle zone. Going to be some sharp cutoffs.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Does anyone here have or know someone who has their real estate license? Is it worth trying to get into? I've been at my job for just over 9 years now and I am getting tired of it. Not sure what I want to get into, but didn't know if real estate was worth trying.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The weather call for work was nightmarish for everyone. In my area we can get 8-12 (I thought I heard 16 inches as a max!?) worth of snow, but sleet and freezing rain mixed in could drive actual accumulation down. That's a recipe for maximum ice, so this is one of those least-desired winter events for transportation and transit agencies.

My boss was all hopeful because it was warm this weekend, so he's thinking maybe the ground won't get cold enough to let anything stick...but if we are getting 8 inches of frozen/freezing stuff, the roads will be brute-forced below freezing point by the first half of the storm (which will also wash away pre-treatment) and then it's gonna be just delightful after that.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Does anyone here have or know someone who has their real estate license? Is it worth trying to get into? I've been at my job for just over 9 years now and I am getting tired of it. Not sure what I want to get into, but didn't know if real estate was worth trying.

I have an aunt who has been doing it full time for at least 15 years if not longer. She's very good at it and makes bank, but it does not come without it's significant downfalls IMO.

• Your busiest times are when everyone else is off work - after 5PM on weekdays and weekends.
  • Even when she's on vacation, she's never off work.
  • Even when she's home, she's never really off work.
  • Plus side, you very much get what you put into it.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Fortunately, only the first few pages have been damaged, and considering the current political and virus news, I am fine with them being a little shredded.
No I’m saying if the paper (or plastic around it) was wet, it could mean that your pooch is less of an asshole and more of a “oh god it’s wet” kind of head shaker.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I have an aunt who has been doing it full time for at least 15 years if not longer. She's very good at it and makes bank, but it does not come without it's significant downfalls IMO.

• Your busiest times are when everyone else is off work - after 5PM on weekdays and weekends.
  • Even when she's on vacation, she's never off work.
  • Even when she's home, she's never really off work.
  • Plus side, you very much get what you put into it.
Good things to consider. Thanks for the info. Definitely a job where if you're committed and good, you can make a nice living for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad