Post-Game Talk: #78| NJD 0 at PHI 3 | Sat., April 1, 2017 | Neuvirth released from hospital (post #1)

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Hagg or Morin should definitely get a chance. It's either them or Schultz playing 12 minutes a night and I think either one of them deserves it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Is there any actual word on whether Neuvirth had a bug or did something else happen and it's still speculation at this point? I wasn't paying too much attention to the game or Twitter after the first period.

It has been confirmed that he was ill prior to the game. No other specifics yet though.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Is there any actual word on whether Neuvirth had a bug or did something else happen and it's still speculation at this point? I wasn't paying too much attention to the game or Twitter after the first period.

No update will be issued until tomorrow. Players said the flu has been prevalent with the team and there appeared to be evidence that Neuvirth was among the ill.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
if Mase didn't call til 330..4 pm that he couldn't make it..to me that sounds like no way he would play tomorrow

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hextall says Neuvirth not going to NY, and will be checked again on Monday. He had a chest cold, but the news from the hospital is all positive.

Says he found at 4pm that Mase was very sick. Joked about suiting up himself for tomorrow, but my bet is Mase will be OK to back up Stolie.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I kind of wish I saw this game. I do really hope Neuvy is okay.

Possibly the most eventful game all season..between the Neuvirth situation, Semborski Part 2, multiple game misconducts, ridiculous Colin McDonald goal, and a Stolarz shutout..fun night.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
sarah baker believes based on her source sounds like stolarz and lyon will be the flyers goalies tomorrow, wouldn't suprise me if eric stemborski travels with team rest of the week.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Of course TiimmyP wastes the last televised question with a typically stupid one. :rolleyes:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Weal needs to be re-signed..but I would prefer they wait until after the ED to put the ink on the contract.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Stating the expected but now official (per Carchidi): Hexy says Flyers will recall Lyon if Mason can't play Sun.

I would think they err on the side of caution with Mase after what just happened to Neuvirth.

Who plays for LHV tomorrow?

Who do we have in Reading?

Can Carter Hart be called up on emergency basis to backup Stolarz so Lyon can start for LHV?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
McDonald should have been playing over VandeVelde all season. There is no denying this.

McDonald has 2 more goals and 1 less point in 159 fewer NHL games than VandeVelde.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Weal needs to be re-signed..but I would prefer they wait until after the ED to put the ink on the contract.
Then Vegas would be able to offer him a contract, correct? I know they can only take so many UFAs, but a young guy that looks like he could possibly be a top 6 forward might be pretty hard to pass up on. I also doubt he's waiting to sign with the Flyers at that point, as he can just wait a week and talk to the whole league.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Then Vegas would be able to offer him a contract, correct? I know they can only take so many UFAs, but a young guy that looks like he could possibly be a top 6 forward might be pretty hard to pass up on. I also doubt he's waiting to sign with the Flyers at that point, as he can just wait a week and talk to the whole league.

Yeah they can but can only sign 10 UFA/RFAs and it would count as their pick from the Flyers

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I would think they err on the side of caution with Mase after what just happened to Neuvirth.

Who plays for LHV tomorrow?

Who do we have in Reading?

Can Carter Hart be called up on emergency basis to backup Stolarz so Lyon can start for LHV?

Justin Kowalkoski served as the Royals emergency goalie tonight. The team plays tomorrow and has another goalie on the roster. Martin Ouellette was promoted from Reading to the Phantoms (AHL).

NHL teams can exercise two emergency goalie recalls per season which each last up to 48 hours. That is part of the CBA.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
McDonald should have been playing over VandeVelde all season. There is no denying this.

McDonald has 2 more goals and 1 less point in 159 fewer NHL games than VandeVelde.

And we have several others who should play over McDonald too. Yet here we are, and here we will be after 82 games this year and 79 games last year

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm glad it sounds like Neuvy is OK. Scary stuff.
Great game by Stolie.
Blandisi is a female reproductive sex organ.

When the ref skated over to the bench with Flip's skate blade, I was sure Colin McDonald was going to pick it up and shave his chest with it :laugh: Manly son of a gun. Happy for him.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Yeah they can but can only sign 10 UFA/RFAs and it would count as their pick from the Flyers
I think they would probably pick Weal. Either that or Del Zotto, but I think they should be able to pick enough decent defensemen without taking him.

I think Weal has shown enough in this stretch that I wouldn't risk him going under Vegas' radar. He's scored at every level and finally is getting a chance in the NHL. Hopefully Hextall is smart enough to not protect Bellemare and they take him for his "intangibles". We might be able to get rid of VdV and Bellemare in one offseason.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think they would probably pick Weal. Either that or Del Zotto, but I think they should be able to pick enough decent defensemen without taking him.

I think Weal has shown enough in this stretch that I wouldn't risk him going under Vegas' radar. He's scored at every level and finally is getting a chance in the NHL. Hopefully Hextall is smart enough to not protect Bellemare and they take him for his "intangibles". We might be able to get rid of VdV and Bellemare in one offseason.

They cant just pick UFAs, they have to agree to sign there.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad