Post-Game Talk: #78| NJD 0 at PHI 3 | Sat., April 1, 2017 | Neuvirth released from hospital (post #1)

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The passing is still there, but you expect more goals from him for sure.
His goal scoring over a full season hasn't been this bad since 2009.

For me Backstrom and Giroux have always been on the same level. But this year Backstrom has more assists than Giroux has points.

Giroux doesn't play with Ovechkin or on the 2nd highest scoring team in the league. :laugh:

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Sure it did. Ghost was not taking nearly as many slapshots as he is now. Not to mention, both players skating have looked much better over the last month compared to earlier.

Maybe you should watch.

I watch, he did shoot the puck, why you say he did not?

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Sure it did. Ghost was not taking nearly as many slapshots as he is now. Not to mention, both players skating have looked much better over the last month compared to earlier.

Maybe you should watch.

its almost as though Ghost didn't miss the net MUCH more often, and almost like his shot didn't have as much zip on it as it did last year.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
There really is no excuse for Prout's shot on Gudas. Retaliation for a legal hit? Give me a break. If the League really gave a rip about this type of stuff, they'd give Prout a Downie type suspension. There's been a rise in gooning it up in the last few weeks. (CIP-last night's Caps Jackets game) Giving Prout ten to twenty games might send a message for the guys to knock it off with the unnecessary extracurriculars.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Prout got two games. The NHL video is really thorough.

https://www.nhl.com/news/new-jersey...ed-for-interference/c-288394930?tid=277549076

It shows there wasn't direct head contact, so it's possible that Gudas didn't suffer a concussion. His chest bore the brunt of the hit and he wasn't expecting any contact, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were cracked ribs.

Not nearly enough. Prout came on the ice with one intent: to coldcock an unaware player. So much for player safety. If a Flyer had been the instigator of that play, he'd be done for the year. CIP, Schenn's hit in last year's POs bought him three games. It was less dangerous that Prout's.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I didn't notice this before, but as Prout skates over to Gudas to hit him, MacDonald takes his stick and pushes Gudas with it from behind to clearly steer him into Prout's oncoming hit. MacDonald saw it coming and sabotaged him.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I didn't notice this before, but as Prout skates over to Gudas to hit him, MacDonald takes his stick and pushes Gudas with it from behind to clearly steer him into Prout's oncoming hit. MacDonald saw it coming and sabotaged him.

You have players yelling heads up all the time at their team mates when there is incoming hit, but that just might be too complicated for Amac.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
I honestly would rather have Prout play on Tuesday just to potentially provide some entertainment to the game.

Amen.

There was a time things like this wouldn't be tolerated by the league and especially the Flyers.

I miss those times.

Nowadays we see mouthjapping from star players and owners and call it an honest game ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad