Sep 28, 2014
The descent has begun

IMG_20180328_181304.jpg

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That's a huge drop off from yesterday. Wasn't it 94%?

What happens if we win today?

Yeah we were in low 90s

Loss today and Florida probably drops us to 80% or less

Win today should lift us back into the 90s

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think I gave a pretty reasonable, middle-of-the road answer.
I acknowledged AMac turns it over in his own zone, like the entire defense does.
But I do think that his good plays get filtered out and ignored. And he has made a number of good plays this season, such as last night when he bailed Laughton out on a bad turnover that caused a 2-on-1.
He's first among the team's defensemen in +/- at +12.
He's got 19 points in 61 games.
His zone starts are absolutely brutal.
And his giveaways are half of Provorov's.

As I said in my "contrarian" post, I'm not saying AMac has been great. Just saying he's had a better season than I think he gets credit for and that he's been "adequate" in a difficult role.

Boy, many of you really can't take moderate, middle-of-the road thoughts on a player.
When you put blame on Ghost and Provorov but then defend Mac, it doesn’t matter if the praise was “middle-of-the-road”. :laugh:

But I love how you’re acting like it’s that others can’t take different opinions, not that the opinion was ridiculous.

MacDonald has been horrible. You’re only defending him to be different.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
When you put blame on Ghost and Provorov but then defend Mac, it doesn’t matter if the praise was “middle-of-the-road”. :laugh:

But I love how you’re acting like it’s that others can’t take different opinions, not that the opinion was ridiculous.

MacDonald has been horrible. You’re only defending him to be different.

Well, the facts say that Sanheim - MacDonald have outplayed Provorov - Ghost the last couple weeks.
Of course, they're probably getting easier matchups, but still . . .

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I haven't been very active on the site as of late, so no idea if its been discussed. But what is the deal with the stupid Mrazek turn around slide. Since when is it ever a good idea for a goalie to have his back to the play. Like it seems so unnecessary and that hes almost doing it to "show off". But the puck goes in everytime he does it or shortly after doing it

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well, the facts say that Sanheim - MacDonald have outplayed Provorov - Ghost the last couple weeks.
Of course, they're probably getting easier matchups, but still . . .
There is no "fact" that says MacDonald is better than any one of those three players.

If any statistic suggests such, it's either misrepresented, missing context, or completely useless.

The only reason MacDonald has looked a little better (and by that I mean like a 2/10 instead of a 1/10... so still awful) is because Sanheim has been carrying his useless ass with his great play.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If he can stay healthy, Neuvirth is far better than Lyon or Mrazek.

Doesn't mean he can't have bad games, but I trust him 100x more than either of those two.

Which says a lot, because hes painfully average.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Which says a lot, because hes painfully average.
If he can have another playoffs like he had two years ago, he can make a huge difference.

And or some reason the team seems to mostly play well with him in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad