GDT: #78 | FLYERS at Avalanche | Wed., Mar. 28, 2018, 10:00 pm ET | ALT, NBCSP+

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Hot take, Neuvy starts and Haag comes back in and Sanheim gets some more learning time !!!!!

LOL. Sanheim should never go to the suite again unless he’s injured. I could see him inserting Hagg back in the lineup, but Manning has actually played halfway decent the past two games. Maybe for Gudas? Who knows with Hak’s logic.

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Colorado is surging. Their coach is not a beet farmer. I think this is a loss, and I foresee other losses in our future. This game is absolutely necessary to stay in contention.

Reactions: kelmitchell

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I’d put in Hagg for amac. Amac is a dumpster fire. Manning played god enough last night not to get pulled even if he was responsible for a goal.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
I’d put in Hagg for amac. Amac is a dumpster fire. Manning played god enough last night not to get pulled even if he was responsible for a goal.

So sad that we define "good" from Manning as only being responsible for one goal against. I can count at least 6 goals I've seen Manning directly responsible for in the last 6 weeks. Take away some of those goals and we have a few more wins. The standard for good should not be lower bc he's Manning. He sucks. We all know it. Difference is, his sucking never gets him a seat in the press box bc Hak has some affinity for undeserving, lackluster players - perhaps living out some vicarious dream of his through them

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I really don't think MacDonald has had a bad season, and I'm a long-time anti-AMac guy. He's far from great, and like the other defenders has his share of d-zone turnovers, but on this team, this year, he's been adequate in some tough usage.

I think bigger problems of late have been a) goaltending; b) insufficient secondary scoring; c) struggling power play; and d) Ghost and Provorov have had some rough games defensively, as well as Gudas and Hagg (in those he played). Couturier also hasn't seemed quite like himself. I think they've got a lot of guys who are really banged up, but most teams do this time of year.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
I really don't think MacDonald has had a bad season, and I'm a long-time anti-AMac guy. He's far from great, and like the other defenders has his share of d-zone turnovers, but on this team, this year, he's been adequate in some tough usage.

I think bigger problems of late have been a) goaltending; b) insufficient secondary scoring; c) struggling power play; and d) Ghost and Provorov have had some rough games defensively, as well as Gudas and Hagg (in those he played). Couturier also hasn't seemed quite like himself. I think they've got a lot of guys who are really banged up, but most teams do this time of year.

This just seems contrarian for the sake of being contrarian. AMac has been as bad as he's ever been, just in a slightly diminished role. Do you remember the penalty last night that let them tie the game? What about every 2-on-1 against this season? The guy panics like no one I've ever seen or just never knows what decision to make under pressure. It's crazy to me that you're blaming every defenseman but AMac and Manning, our worst two defenders.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
So sad that we define "good" from Manning as only being responsible for one goal against. I can count at least 6 goals I've seen Manning directly responsible for in the last 6 weeks. Take away some of those goals and we have a few more wins. The standard for good should not be lower bc he's Manning. He sucks. We all know it. Difference is, his sucking never gets him a seat in the press box bc Hak has some affinity for undeserving, lackluster players - perhaps living out some vicarious dream of his through them
The whole d is weak unless you count points. Ghost and provy look tired and aren't looking good at all either.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Coots play has fallen off a cliff. G is the only forward I trust. The young players I don't put in the mix as they are afew years away from being the finished product.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Hakstol won't insult the veteran MacDonald by sitting him and my pet theory is that he sees himself in Manning. Inserting Hagg would in theory be a positive solely because he didn't play last night and should have lots of pent-up energy for hittin' stuff. I would say Sanheim is coming out of the lineup but Pet Theory #2 is that Hextall has already told Hakstol to play him. The obvious answer is Hagg in for Manning (sorry boxcar!) since the latter won't be with the team after this season. But we shall see.
• Best option: sit MacDonald
• Most logical option: sit Manning
• Easiest option: sit Sanheim
• Most entertaining option: sit Provorov

I haven't seen any updates on Filppula for tonight. Should we assume he will be bringing Peroxide Power to the lineup?

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Hakstol won't insult the veteran MacDonald by sitting him and my pet theory is that he sees himself in Manning. Inserting Hagg would in theory be a positive solely because he didn't play last night and should have lots of pent-up energy for hittin' stuff. I would say Sanheim is coming out of the lineup but Pet Theory #2 is that Hextall has already told Hakstol to play him. The obvious answer is Hagg in for Manning (sorry boxcar!) since the latter won't be with the team after this season. But we shall see.
• Best option: sit MacDonald
• Most logical option: sit Manning
• Easiest option: sit Sanheim
• Most entertaining option: sit Provorov

I haven't seen any updates on Filppula for tonight. Should we assume he will be bringing Peroxide Power to the lineup?

wait... do you really think Mannings not getting extended ???

wow ur in for a shock then...

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
wait... do you really think Mannings not getting extended ???

wow ur in for a shock then...

It will be a complete and utter shock for me if Manning is retained, given that neither Morin nor Hagg will be waiver exempt. Resigning Manning would mean dealing someone and even in my most cynical moments I can't see "Keep Brandon Manning on the Flyers" to be Hextall's endgame in any permutation. Maybe, maybe, if MacDonald or Gudas were dealt / bought out.

Even consideration of resigning Manning for depth and sending him to LHV is illogical. The path of least resistance is to let the dog walk.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Flyers lead the league in them!

Hakstol obviously tries to get that extra point and then doesn’t even care about winning it in OT. Other teams maintain possession through multiple shifts in OT. We have guys like Jake who just don’t get it.

They are also second in the league in OT wins with 8.

NHL.com - Stats

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd rather have Manning than MacDonald next year.
Gudas is tougher, is this season an anomaly or was last season the anomaly and this season regression to the mean?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It's crazy to me that you're blaming every defenseman but AMac and Manning, our worst two defenders.
Because criticizing those players means he’s indirectly criticizing the coach as well and that’s not going to happen.

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille