OT: 77th Obsequious Banter Thread: the one where everyone underperforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Technical question:

Dish removed our local Fox station. Presumably we can pick it up on an antenna. Is this something small-ish that you can plug/connect into/to one of the ports on the back of your TV and you are good to go, or does it involve something larger? I'll hang up and listen.
I concur. I use one and it is great. Get all kinds of obscure channels with random old school programs to go with the basic channels. I get like 5 different fox channels on it

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I appreciate you taking the time to talk about all of this. Grabbed a copy of the book for me and one for my Dad for Christmas. Can’t wait to dig into it.

Of course! I love this shit. I'm actually writing a stage show based on the history of Physics and Astronomy. So this is my passion. I'm always down to answer questions or point you in a positive direction.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Well... we're waiting....

Here's one. There's another that shows 20 inches. Too early to worry about totals right now though. Gotta focus on the track

Screenshot_20201212-141556.png

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
TV has been restored.

Fun moving story #2 (an actual fun story): we moved from an 850sqft apartment (2 bedroom) to a 2400sqft house (4 bedroom), so we were expecting to fill space in some of the rooms over time.

Late in the week, we were contacted by a friend, who is a realtor, who had an interesting situation that was to our benefit.

One of his clients is a Chinese national who bought an apartment in Vancouver and used it sparingly before making a trip back to China in March (bad timing). The apartment has sat empty since and the guy sold the apartment and his stuff has to be out by Monday... but he didn't want to deal with it, so he told our realtor friend to disperse the furniture as he saw fit.

So we ended up with an unused queen mattress, boxspring, and bed frame, along with a dresser that weighs several tons more than any dresser should weigh.

This has filled a room that was going to remain empty for some time.

Small victory.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
TV has been restored.

Fun moving story #2 (an actual fun story): we moved from an 850sqft apartment (2 bedroom) to a 2400sqft house (4 bedroom), so we were expecting to fill space in some of the rooms over time.

Late in the week, we were contacted by a friend, who is a realtor, who had an interesting situation that was to our benefit.

One of his clients is a Chinese national who bought an apartment in Vancouver and used it sparingly before making a trip back to China in March (bad timing). The apartment has sat empty since and the guy sold the apartment and his stuff has to be out by Monday... but he didn't want to deal with it, so he told our realtor friend to disperse the furniture as he saw fit.

So we ended up with an unused queen mattress, boxspring, and bed frame, along with a dresser that weighs several tons more than any dresser should weigh.

Small victory.

Congrats on the new place!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
TV has been restored.

Small victory.
How many screens you got?

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
TV has been restored.

Small victory.

Yes but did he have a genuine Ming vase that he forgot about and is now in your possession?

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Congrats on the new place!
Thanks!

We were super happy in the apartment. It was a great spot, with a beautiful, unobstructed view of Mount Baker. But Covid showed us that our little gremlin needs her space, so we decided to start looking. Thought it would take a lot longer than it did, but we found a family oriented community right around the corner from the apartment.

It's a bit of a fixer upper, but it's already proven its worth for the space alone.

Neighbours are super friendly, with kids around the same age as ours, so that's a nice bonus, too.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
How many screens you got?
:laugh:

3 for now, but there are enough ports for 5, not even counting wifi cable boxes...

Work in progress to have all rooms equipped with at least 1 TV. :sarcasm:

Yes but did he have a genuine Ming vase that he forgot about and is now in your possession?
The realtor probably bagged those for himself. :laugh:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Watching all these big Twitch streamers like xQc, Poki and MoonMoon open these sealed vintage Pokemon booster boxes ranging from 20k to 30k is bonkers. The vintage market is gonna crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad