OT: 77th Obsequious Banter Thread: the one where everyone underperforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Well that's cause you're Jojo. You have super secret NSA hacking abilities.

Btw, why we're at it here's a fun little exercise...

What's everyone's name of their first pet?
What model was your first car?
What was your high school's mascot?
I love watching morons replying to things online that just build a profile over time.
“what’s your favorite food?”
“Restaurant”
“Color”
And so on.
How are people that oblivious?

Reactions: Beef Invictus

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Anyone else watch The Queen's Gambit on Netflix? One of the best shows they have ever put out in my opinion.
I'm on ep 3

She played the Caro Kann in the one boss battle! That and the Stafford gambit are my main black plays as black

MR. CLARK FROM STRANGER THINGS JUST SIGNED HER INTO A TOURNAMENT I'M LOSING IT

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Why am I not surprised you watched it too? Lol.

The acting and production quality is top f***ing notch.

Anya Taylor-Joy is going to have a hell of a career. She's got "it."
Oh she's got it alright
Her character is just....*chefs kiss* Smart, hates people, and she uhh....embraces her vices responsibly (at least it seems like she does in the show as she gets older)

Going to bed for the night starting ep 5 tomorrow and
ok maybe her vices aren't so under control anymore after her mom died :(

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I have a bunch of spare Flyers tickets this year. They just won't let you in the building.

There's also the whole pandemic thing keeping us apart.

<3

You've got a wife that works at a hospital and youre worried about the guy who leaves his house approximately three times a week, one of which is to take out the trash?

:wally

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You've got a wife that works at a hospital and youre worried about the guy who leaves his house approximately three times a week, one of which is to take out the trash?

:wally
To be fair she hasn't worked since August and essentially had no run in's with any Covid patients besides the time that a husband knowingly had it but didn't tell people before eventually coming clean once they were leaving.

Although, she wasn't working those days and never came in contact with them.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
To be fair she hasn't worked since August and essentially had no run in's with any Covid patients besides the time that a husband knowingly had it but didn't tell people before eventually coming clean once they were leaving.

Although, she wasn't working those days and never came in contact with them.

I'm obviously just busting stones, to be 100% clear. I'm trying to be as cautious as possible because I'm probably at a greater risk than I like to imagine because of the wifey.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
stone, to be 100%
vO9E9JW.png

vO9E9JW

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Which player were you rooting for?
Beth is my spirit animal.
I've never irresponsibly embraced my vices, however. There we differ. But she cleaned it up.
She f***ing rocks. I crush on her hard
They nailed the sense of competitive friendliness in the chess community too, in a rather touching way. I'm not going to pretend I'm going to be playing any tournaments, but everyone, even if you're beaten by someone, is a friend away from the board looking to hone the skills of both themselves and others using their winning games, losing games, or others' winning or losing games. I mean, just look on twitch and how everyone is so willing to offer advice...you have agadmator, naroditsky, gothamchess...all are helping scores of thousands get better. Myself included. It's just such a wholesome and great community.

Last edited:
Reactions: landsbergfan

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@JojoTheWhale or anyone else know how to fix this?

2CC11140-7AC3-4A91-B8F3-3607E8C0645C.jpeg

I’m trying to chromecast Disney+ from my phone to my TV. I have the Ultra chromecast that I got possibly a year or so ago. I’ve never had an issue doing so until yesterday. Every other streaming app works fine (Netflix, Hulu, etc). It’s just Disney+. I’ve reset my chromecast and my internet multiple times.

Disney+ will show up on the chromecast but once I hit play on a movie it tries to load and then that message pops up.

I’m at a loss.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

View attachment 376741

I’m trying to chromecast Disney+ from my phone to my TV. I have the Ultra chromecast that I got possibly a year or so ago. I’ve never had an issue doing so until yesterday. Every other streaming app works fine (Netflix, Hulu, etc). It’s just Disney+. I’ve reset my chromecast and my internet multiple times.

Disney+ will show up on the chromecast but once I hit play on a movie it tries to load and then that message pops up.

I’m at a loss.
Did you turn it off then turn it back on again? If you did, try blowing in the cartridge

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

View attachment 376741

I’m at a loss.

HDCP (and DRM) are copyright protections. That's usually a handshaking issue. Have you tried putting the Chromecast into a different port?

If you have and/or that doesn't work, plug the Chromecast into another TV to see if it works. If it does, this is usually a tv firmware update bricking something and a factory reset of the tv and turning off automatic updates would fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad