GDT: #76 - Sabres vs. Senators at 7:30 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
This team is elite at losing meaningless games to ensure better draft positions.

They are good at losing overall, but elite down the stretch

Reactions: Ralonzo

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
In before Okposo scores.
Poor guy has turned over the puck to the Sens in 7 of his 8 possessions. I have been counting. Sad.
His skating can’t keep up either. How do we keep him as an overpaid “energy” 4th liner. Addition from subtraction.
He turns it over pretty much every time he gets it. Sad to watch at this point. I would buy him out

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You guys have dedication.

I havent watched the last 6 or 7 games

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
This was the reason that their NHL-leading shot differentials didn't translate to being a President's Trophy contender, but make no mistake - those Canes teams (I started watching them with interest in 2016) played far, far better hockey than any Sabres team has since 2009-10. Their lack of finishing talent and bottom-2 goaltending during that stretch is why they only put up mediocre records. We have a lot of work to do to gain the transition and defensive structure those teams had.

Oh sure, I didn't mean to equate the teams, just the big picture issue.

I have been jealous of the Canes defense for years.

Edit: Imagine if Botts had skipped the Winnipeg trade and the Lehner trade, and used those assets to pry away Slavin from Carolina. Oooo so many better targets than Bogo.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Just relegate them to the AHL. At least then I wouldn't be tempted to care in the beginning of every season. (No offense to AHL fans.)

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
It's hard to look away, like watching your house burn to the ground.
It’s actually enjoyable watching them get lit up somewhat because it can squeeze some emotion out of the players for once and could spell organizational change, hopefully for the better this time.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
You guys have dedication.

I havent watched the last 6 or 7 games

I think about not having Sabres hockey for the next 6 months, and I do really miss them during that time, so I force myself to watch down the stretch...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad