GDT: #76 - Sabres vs. Senators at 7:30 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
I've watched almost every game I can for years. Even the tank years. Even last year. This is the first game I've watched in weeks (except for the one in Montreal that I went to) and I think it might be the last one of the year.

This team has completely sucked the care out of me. Just unbearable to watch.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
This is getting ugly really fast , Housley has no more leverage just no way

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
They’re making the Sens look like the way they make most of the league look like.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I don't think your following his point. It's not whether the team is actually winning or even the production of the player.

It's the effort and example that he or she puts up every time they are on the ice.

Mcdavid has been on a bad team, pretty similar overall to the Sabres. There is no one in the hockey world who can say that McDavid doesn't kill himself game in game out.

This league doesn't allow only one or two guys to carry a whole team to the playoffs.

But leadership doesn't get measured by winning. It gets measured by doing the right thing, particularly when not doing the right is easy.

It's just a more team oriented version of character.
Thanks Sabrebuild. You get it!!!

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
"It's a situation where I thought we played well enough to win. Just gotta try harder, gosh darn it we'll get 'em next time."

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Who wants to cover the guy in front of the goalie this team is a ****ing joke and Scandella should not be on this team

They've done that crap ALL YEAR. I'd wager to say a good 25% of all goal scored on us have been directly related to someone being WIDE THE **** OPEN in front of the net. Maybe more.

That's GOTTA be a system thing.

Reactions: sabremike

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Circle the wagons
They're circling something, alright.
tenor.gif

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Some are too fixated on leadership and not fixated enough on quality hockey players.

Yup, I wanted O'Reilly out and have said we have plenty of quality hockey players.

Definitely why it would be noted that our best player took a nap for the last month of the year, 3 years running

I love how people get so defensive about this guy. As if he can't have faults, and at the same time not be the biggest problem on the team.

Can we all try to be a little more sophisticated? Or is that too much to ask? It could be.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
They've done that crap ALL YEAR. I'd wager to say a good 25% of all goal scored on us have been directly related to someone being WIDE THE **** OPEN in front of the net. Maybe more.

That's GOTTA be a system thing.
Didn't we just see a tweet about the coaches having a lesson on guys in front of our net vs the way Montreal treated our guys in front of the net?

Clearly a lot was learned.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Casey Nelson is garbage.
Casey Nelson is a smart player that has no balls, very soft and I don't know how you play at 180 at 6'2 I mean do these guys train at all? I mean if I was a stick and soft I would hit the weights and pay a boxer to show me how to fight instead of getting knocked around especially as a dept player...send his ass down

Reactions: Ralonzo

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Why all the anger and shock of their play? When you go from 1st in the league on Dec 1st to virtually eliminated by Feb 1 what do you expect. All they had to do was go .500 the last 45 games of the season and instead they lose more then 2 of every 3. Coaching is 90% of the problem. And choosing Housley is on Botts. Housley has to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad