GDT: #76 - Sabres vs. Senators at 7:30 PM ET on MSG-B and WGR

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
If I was Skinner I would run from this team.

If I was Jack I would demand a trade.

If I was Reinhart I would play one more season and let them know he intends to walk.

Unless a coaching change is facilitated. We need to play hard ball here.

What better way to win negotiations than play hardball with one of your talented young players, give him a 2 year “prove it” have him prove it, and now has the leverage as he’s one of 3 possibly 2 forwards who can produce on this team and most likely won’t be so easy to agree to a deal since he did exactly what you wanted...

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Will Borgen on what jumped out at him in his first game

“the way they’re running face off plays and stuff constantly, like off every single zone. We do that too when we’re in Rochester. The other team are running different routes the entire time. It’s kind of a complicated game.”

We do that when we’re In Rochester....

Last edited:

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo

“the way they’re running face off plays and stuff constantly, like off every single zone. We do that too when we’re in Rochester. The other team are running different routes the entire time. It’s kind of a complicated game.”
:laugh: holy shit that's hilarious in the most depressing way ever.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
What better way to win negotiations than play hardball with one of your talented young players, give him a 2 year “prove it” have him prove it, and now has the leverage as he’s one of 3 possibly 2 forwards who can produce on this team and most likely won’t be so easy to agree to a deal since he did exactly what you wanted...
Not sure if the last part is directed or talking to Botterill but for the record I wanted Reinhart on a long term deal. Other then that I agree Botterill has been bad on trades and negotiations so far.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland

Too funny.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Not sure if the last part is directed or talking to Botterill but for the record I wanted Reinhart on a long term deal. Other then that I agree Botterill has been bad on trades and negotiations so far.

Pretty much Reinhart called his bluff on the deal they agreed to, and now has leverage going into the next negotiations, without that idea the agent/Reinhart will be willing to work with you for a team friendly deal.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sheary had a number of flubs in the defensive zone, one of which lead directly to a goal. If someone comes out for poor play, he'd be my choice.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY

We are literally being led by a high school caliber coach

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

It's a rare coach who has not had a team check out on him when a season goes south. They've tuned you out and just go thru the motions. Game plans don't matter because they don't intend to follow them. Or will follow them until the 1st thing goes wrong and then they know they suck so they might as well do it their way.

No self respect. No pride. No accountability.

I found its a bit worse with today's athlete versus the guys who played the game 20 years ago. But today's athlete is much more self aware of situations and more individualistic/realistic. Their belief is that they think they are giving it their all but their on ice performance is one that demonstrates the attitude of "what's the point?".

There are always 1 or 2 outliers who work hard no matter what. On the Sabres, guys like Grigs or Dahlin. But no one should be surprised at this. Especially Housley.

This is the "cancer" that actually infects this team. It wasn't RoR.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
It's a rare coach who has not had a team check out on him when a season goes south. They've tuned you out and just go thru the motions. Game plans don't matter because they don't intend to follow them. Or will follow them until the 1st thing goes wrong and then they know they suck so they might as well do it their way.

No self respect. No pride. No accountability.

I found its a bit worse with today's athlete versus the guys who played the game 20 years ago. But today's athlete is much more self aware of situations and more individualistic/realistic. Their belief is that they think they are giving it their all but their on ice performance is one that demonstrates the attitude of "what's the point?".

There are always 1 or 2 outliers who work hard no matter what. On the Sabres, guys like Grigs or Dahlin. But no one should be surprised at this. Especially Housley.

This is the "cancer" that actually infects this team. It wasn't RoR.

ROR was only a cancer in the sense he would've been a thorn or pain to deal with, with the amount of "Not Trying To Win" Botts had planned for this team. He didn't want that "I'm sick of losing" messing up a good thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad