Post-Game Talk: #76 | FLYERS at Penguins | Sun., Mar. 25, 2018

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Cap'n, you're gonna have to work on the anger management if you want to move to Canada.
We're talking civilized people (well, except for their tendency to drink too much beer and hit each other with hockey sticks) compared to Americans.
They tend to be polite, use mild sarcasm instead of degrading insults, and use guns on Moose, instead of each other.
Though you might feel at home in Western Canada (east of the Rockies), which is West Texas with snow instead of sand.

Nah, bud, I'm calm as **** in real life. Unless something triggers me. Are you trying to trigger me? George is getting upset!

KhWSSIT.gif

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Trust me, it's still worth it. Especially if your anger MPH goes from 0-100 in less than 4 seconds like me.
I've gone into a rage or two on past video game forums but then I sit down afterwards and realize "It's just some random stranger's words on a computer screen about a game. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things." and the same applies here. Even worse, it's a game we aren't even playing ourselves! If someone wants to "win the internet" by continuously trying to start arguments about everything, just scroll past them and give them their meaningless little victory. If the mods don't think they're actually breaking any rules, we're stuck with them. Echo chambers are comforting but the only way to make one perfect is to be completely alone and what is the point of that?

Let's do a forum GoFundMe to send Rebels and Striker some aromatherapy oils in the meantime. None for Cap though because his rants are harmless and hilarious :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I've gone into a rage or two on past video game forums but then I sit down afterwards and realize "It's just some random stranger's words on a computer screen about a game. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things." and the same applies here. Even worse, it's a game we aren't even playing ourselves! If someone wants to "win the internet" by continuously trying to start arguments about everything, just scroll past them and give them their meaningless little victory. If the mods don't think they're actually breaking any rules, we're stuck with them. Echo chambers are comforting but the only way to make one perfect is to be completely alone and what is the point of that?

Let's do a forum GoFundMe to send Rebels and Striker some aromatherapy oils in the meantime. None for Cap though because his rants are harmless and hilarious :laugh:

The way you feel about stupid comments here is the way I feel about stupid comments in social media comment threads. I used to let them bother me and reply but now I dont even open the threads. On here though, I have to open the threads so using the ignore list is a useful tool for me.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
The way you feel about stupid comments here is the way I feel about stupid comments in social media comment threads. I used to let them bother me and reply but now I dont even open the threads. On here though, I have to open the threads so using the ignore list is a useful tool for me.
That's still progress! Baby steps, my good man. Now multiplayer video games, driving, and dealing with the insolent deaf guy at work, those are my remaining triggers. Nobody's perfect.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Why are you guys dumping on Mrazek? He spun around because he got hit by Rust

Late to this party bc I was away but come on - I can actually picture this exact play everyone keeps referring to. Mrazek is surely NOT the first goalie to give up a rebound then get hit in his crease yet I don't see other goalies showcasing ballet moves after. Terrible positioning and his pirouette gets 6/10

Reactions: Starat327

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Late to this party bc I was away but come on - I can actually picture this exact play everyone keeps referring to. Mrazek is surely NOT the first goalie to give up a rebound then get hit in his crease yet I don't see other goalies showcasing ballet moves after. Terrible positioning and his pirouette gets 6/10

The pirouette was odd but I'm still not convinced he makes the save if he reset the more traditional way. He got set pretty quickly and the shot-pass from Crosby was going wide and was redirected past him because Rust beat Patrick to the net.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
The pirouette was odd but I'm still not convinced he makes the save if he reset the more traditional way. He got set pretty quickly and the shot-pass from Crosby was going wide and was redirected past him because Rust beat Patrick to the net.

I was never a fan of Mrazek - even long before there were even hints of us getting him while Elliott and Neuvy were hurt. I won't blame our losses on him however, I just don't prefer his style of play/am always very critical & hard to impress when it comes to goalies

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Reb, you know what I noticed on that play was that Big Pete made himself really small on the shot, like he kind of crouched down to the ice and left a gaping maw open behind him. I don't know that it would have mattered much, but it didn't help.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I only ever had one person on this particular subforum ignored but I undid it after a week because I realized it was pretty stupid (it wasn't one of the "usual suspects").

I like boxcar. He likes a player most of us don't, that's his only "crime". He isn't condescending about it, nor is he particularly malicious about it. And he likes good music. I'd never block him.

The main boards are a completely different story, though.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Reb, you know what I noticed on that play was that Big Pete made himself really small on the shot, like he kind of crouched down to the ice and left a gaping maw open behind him. I don't know that it would have mattered much, but it didn't help.

Yeah, I can see that. I guess what i'm saying is that it's unclear as to whether that was a weak goal or not on Mrazek. What is definitely clear though is that Patrick could have prevented it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Me??????????????????????

I'm the one constantly telling people to not overreact and stay calm...

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Nah, bud, I'm calm as **** in real life. Unless something triggers me. Are you trying to trigger me? George is getting upset!

KhWSSIT.gif

I vent here so that I can remain as calm as possible around my wife and 2 year old. This place is basically therapy for me.

I try to think about what Aristotle said:

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain other people's totally stupid ideas without getting p$$$ed off and having a stroke." :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad