OT: 75th Obsequious Banter Thread: Pour Yourself A Kool-Aid As Tall As Hal Gill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Just went through all of "Lenox Hill" on Netflix, basically a medicial documentary following around doctors and patients in a hospital in New York. I'm looking for anything similar to this to watch now that I burned through all the episodes.

I know a few years ago they had "NY Med" which followed around Dr. Oz.

Does anyone know of anything else similar?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Screw comcast. After being on the phone with them FIVE separate times I canceled my tv and phone service and got youtube tv (kept my internet with them because my area on has them). 80+ channels for $49.99? Sign me up. Literally getting everything I did with comcast for $50 less a month. Their "negotiation" was halving my internet speed and raising my cost by $25.

Reactions: orangey

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Screw comcast. After being on the phone with them FIVE separate times I canceled my tv and phone service and got youtube tv (kept my internet with them because my area on has them). 80+ channels for $49.99? Sign me up. Literally getting everything I did with comcast for $50 less a month. Their "negotiation" was halving my internet speed and raising my cost by $25.
I have fios and am ready to go to just internet when my deal runs out in Aug. Whoever has the better deal between them and comcrap. I only had cable for sports so now I am just wasting money on it. If they ever occur again I can add Hulu or something to go with NF and prime we have now, or get rid of one of them.

Reactions: sa cyred

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
As a say this, youtube tv just added 12 or so channels and increased $15 to $65 a month. Well damn lol. Still saving $25 or so but man $50 was better for sure

Reactions: Defect

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I cancelled when it went up 15$ a year ago. This new hike is absurd.

Might check out Fubotv when live sports returns. Seems like you get a lot more sports for that same price.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Unfortunately for you they JUST raised the base price to $65 a month

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Unfortunately for you they JUST raised the base price to $65 a month

It's absurd. I have a ton of confidence that I could get my cable provider to get me live tv and cable internet for sub 100 bucks. With YT-Tv and Cable internet, I'd easily be around $130-140. Youtube Tv pricing itself out from many customers.

Reactions: sa cyred and Defect

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Ja. Watch all the way to the end now - don't take time off from it. It's amazeballs.
I wish I could just finish the rest of season 3 right this second, but work and kids continuously kick me square in the nuts.

I do kind of wish I waited until Season 3 came out and binged it all at once. Those year long gaps between seasons made me forget way too much shit.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I wish I could just finish the rest of season 3 right this second, but work and kids continuously kick me square in the nuts.

I do kind of wish I waited until Season 3 came out and binged it all at once. Those year long gaps between seasons made me forget way too much shit.

I only waited three weeks and it had an effect. I think you'll be fine - I just meant don't start another show until you finish this one.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I only waited three weeks and it had an effect. I think you'll be fine - I just meant don't start another show until you finish this one.
Just finished episode 5 of season 3 last night. Holy shit. The writing continues to one-up itself as it moves along. It's a masterpiece. Easily climbing the ladder of my favorite shows of all time.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
It's absurd. I have a ton of confidence that I could get my cable provider to get me live tv and cable internet for sub 100 bucks. With YT-Tv and Cable internet, I'd easily be around $130-140. Youtube Tv pricing itself out from many customers.

Yea... right now I am still saving about $23 a month instead of $50. This is compared to Xfinity cutting my internet speed in half. I need the gig here because of working from home almost full time and now using the internet to stream tv. Before the 600 mbs, we had some terrible issues with speed. Once they bumped us up it totally went away. I have a ton of things on my wifi.

The new Viacom bundle does nothing for me. I watch none of those stations. They did say they are working on a tiers system though which I know for sure I would use.

btw anyone that was debating getting a nvidia shield, it’s flawless. LOVE it. Streaming, movies, even if you want to game is all on there. The transition has been easy with it

Reactions: Flyotes

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
btw anyone that was debating getting a nvidia shield, it’s flawless. LOVE it. Streaming, movies, even if you want to game is all on there. The transition has been easy with it

I have the Nvidia shield. Sometimes it wacks out and you have to unplug / replug it, but then it is fine.

It also has Kodi and Plex on there. Endless for free content. Plex does a good job pooling free streaming shows and my own media. I can then force my family to watch my Dark Souls Boss kills against their will.

Reactions: sa cyred

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin

A Bloc Party remix by M83 in DARK? During (what I assume) is the climax of this season? This show is unreal! Still 2 episodes left for me too. No clue what I'm in for. They just keep casually dropping bombs.

I know, right? :laugh: I thought I recognized that after a couple seconds, then when the voice kicked in I knew. Just awesome.

Reactions: Young Sandwich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad