OT: 75th Obsequious Banter Thread: Pour Yourself A Kool-Aid As Tall As Hal Gill

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I have the Nvidia shield. Sometimes it wacks out and you have to unplug / replug it, but then it is fine.

It also has Kodi and Plex on there. Endless for free content. Plex does a good job pooling free streaming shows and my own media. I can then force my family to watch my Dark Souls Boss kills against their will.

im curious which year for the shield? Really hoping mine will last a long time. Picked up the 2019 shield pro.

And yep already have kodi loaded :thumbu:. All my streaming content right there. I also looked up a ton of articles and videos and have optimized it over the last few days.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Strap on your thinking helmet and possibly even prepare to take notes. I'm giddy for you right now just thinking about your mind melting. Been trying to get friends on the bandwagon but everyone is flaking out.

Just started yesterday. Took me a few times to get through episode 1 but I’m fully in now. On episode 6. Caught myself watching until 1 in the morning when I knew I had baby duty in the morning. Rough times :laugh:

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Just started yesterday. Took me a few times to get through episode 1 but I’m fully in now. On episode 6. Caught myself watching until 1 in the morning when I knew I had baby duty in the morning. Rough times :laugh:

That was me the other night with baby duty. Definitely shouldn't have squeezed that extra episode in haha. I'm jealous that you'll get to watch the full series in one shot with no season breaks.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
That was me the other night with baby duty. Definitely shouldn't have squeezed that extra episode in haha. I'm jealous that you'll get to watch the full series in one shot with no season breaks.

it’s addicting. I won’t lie when I first started the pace worried me. I’m all about a good pace but in the beginning it felt abit slow. Little did I know how important it is

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I feel like this is a personal attack since I've been gushing over season 3 this past week and you don't want JoJo to be disappointed :laugh:.

I have been gushing as much as you have :laugh:

I told Jojo that because I have no idea how he will react and I don't want him to be aiming too high. When I recommend "Gomorrah" I can do so without any reservations - it's either the best or the second-best (to "Deadwood") show in the history of television. I'm informed on the subject matter and trained in criticism and feel very confident saying that. I'd be shocked and concerned at anyone who doesn't like "Gomorrah" - it would be extremely strange and hard to believe.

"Dark" is more eccentric than that. It's also sci-fi, which can go either way with different people on a case-by-case basis. All of us in here have been excited as f*** by it, and for good reason, but that builds the pressure on it to deliver with every succeeding person who comes to it thanks to our recommendations. So I just wanted to try to tamp that down for him a little so he could experience the way we did, i.e. without the noise of our acclaim making him feel like he had to be on Cloud 9 over it.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I have been gushing as much as you have :laugh:

I told Jojo that because I have no idea how he will react and I don't want him to be aiming too high. When I recommend "Gomorrah" I can do so without any reservations - it's either the best or the second-best (to "Deadwood") show in the history of television. I'm informed on the subject matter and trained in criticism and feel very confident saying that. I'd be shocked and concerned at anyone who doesn't like "Gomorrah" - it would be extremely strange and hard to believe.

"Dark" is more eccentric than that. It's also sci-fi, which can go either way with different people on a case-by-case basis. All of us in here have been excited as f*** by it, and for good reason, but that builds the pressure on it to deliver with every succeeding person who comes to it thanks to our recommendations. So I just wanted to try to tamp that down for him a little so he could experience the way we did, i.e. without the noise of our acclaim making him feel like he had to be on Cloud 9 over it.
If he doesn't reach Cloud 9 then he's not at all who we thought he was.

I watched Deadwood partly on your recommendation and loved it, so Gomorrah is going on the list. Any idea where I can stream it?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
If he doesn't reach Cloud 9 then he's not at all who we thought he was.

I watched Deadwood partly on your recommendation and loved it, so Gomorrah is going on the list. Any idea where I can stream it?

That one was a torrent watch for me, but I could have sworn it was online somewhere. I can't find it at the moment, but you could do like I did.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
That one was a torrent watch for me, but I could have sworn it was online somewhere. I can't find it at the moment, but you could do like I did.

Ok so, I watched two episodes. I had to start the first one over again because the English voice acting was killing me. As soon as I switched to subtitles, it got a lot better.

I’m going to keep watching, but I’m extremely skeptical that it’s for me mostly because time travel is something I find is never done well or really serves to do anything but make a plot convoluted for the sake of it. I’ll give it a real shot, though, as I did enjoy the first two episodes.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Ok so, I watched two episodes. I had to start the first one over again because the English voice acting was killing me. As soon as I switched to subtitles, it got a lot better.

I’m going to keep watching, but I’m extremely skeptical that it’s for me mostly because time travel is something I find is never done well or really serves to do anything but make a plot convoluted for the sake of it. I’ll give it a real shot, though, as I did enjoy the first two episodes.

Yeah, it's not usually my bag at all - if it encourages you at all, remember that we share the exact same opinion of "Memento" and I loved this anyway ;)

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

I started watching because I thought it was a detective mystery about a missing kid. Honestly, had I known it was about TT, I never would have started it because I share the same skepticism. The TT continuity is actually part of the reason the wife and I stuck with it; the writers do an incredible job in that regard.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
What the actual f***?

Merriam Webster has lost its collective mind.

Does irregardless mean the same thing as regardless?

Yes. We define irregardless as "regardless." Many people find irregardless to be a nonsensical word, as the ir- prefix usually functions to indicates negation; however, in this case it appears to function as an intensifier. Similar ir- words, while rare, do exist in English, including irremediless ("remediless"), irresistless ("resistless") and irrelentlessly ("relentlessly).

Get bent.

This makes me more angry than the NHL draft debacle.

I blame you, @Appleyard.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Nice. I LOVE THIS. So many times I've typed irregardless and backtracked. No longer.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
What the actual f***?

Merriam Webster has lost its collective mind.

Get bent.

This makes me more angry than the NHL draft debacle.

I blame you, @Appleyard.

Yep. I have been telling people for years that you can only trust the dictionary so far. The very second a dictionary is published, it is out of date - language is fluid and constantly changing. And irregardless is not a ****ing word. Holy shit, is there anyone at all left in America with an ounce of leadership ability? ****ing hell. You will be surprised by this, but I am just as angry as you are.

Read. A ****ing. Book. You nation of damned toes.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yep. I have been telling people for years that you can only trust the dictionary so far. The very second a dictionary is published, it is out of date - language is fluid and constantly changing. And irregardless is not a ****ing word. Holy shit, is there anyone at all left in America with an ounce of leadership ability? ****ing hell. You will be surprised by this, but I am just as angry as you are.

Read. A ****ing. Book. You nation of damned toes.
I guess they figure it's easier to change the language than teach people how to use it. :laugh:

I wonder how long it'll be until they combine their/they're/there and two/too/to into one word or say they're interchangeable.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I had the same experience starting Dark. The English dubbed version is horrendous. Gotta go German with subtitles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad