OT: 75th Obsequious Banter Thread: Pour Yourself A Kool-Aid As Tall As Hal Gill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yes.

Found it unexpectedly and really enjoyed it. Hope there's a 3rd season, but probably have to wait a while for it, anyway.

The third season starts on June 27, but unfortunately it's the last season.

Everything about it is so well done, but the key to the whole thing (as always) is the characters. It is bursting at the seams with great characters.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The chickens here are fine, but in the show there are a bunch of dead birds falling from the sky from time to time.

We dont want this.

Im going to be sad when we move to the new house. I never really noticed it before, but we have a lot of wildlife in the backyard here, that i've taken notice of since I've been working from home. There's a cardinal family that is tucked away in a bush to my left, and on the right side of the sun room is a blue jay family. There's several other birds constantly in the area as well (robins, blackbirds, and little grayish-brown ones that i dont know their type) as well as squirrels and chipmunks. I even see the occasional groundhog trotting through the yard. It's nice to be able to just zone out for a few minutes a day when i look over and the cardinal is just hopping around looking for food.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
This isnt meant to be political by any means, and i hope it can be seen for that but ill understand if it has to be taken down. But I audibly laughed when I saw this for the first time in a while.

Screenshot_20200603-081050_Twitter.jpg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Let's get to the important stuff: How the chickens making out?
I bought 4 cooked chickens yesterday. On sale for $5.50 each was too good of a deal to pass up!
We dont want this.

Im going to be sad when we move to the new house. I never really noticed it before, but we have a lot of wildlife in the backyard here, that i've taken notice of since I've been working from home. There's a cardinal family that is tucked away in a bush to my left, and on the right side of the sun room is a blue jay family. There's several other birds constantly in the area as well (robins, blackbirds, and little grayish-brown ones that i dont know their type) as well as squirrels and chipmunks. I even see the occasional groundhog trotting through the yard. It's nice to be able to just zone out for a few minutes a day when i look over and the cardinal is just hopping around looking for food.
Just get yourself a bird feeder for your new place. Or throw out some sunflower seeds on the ground....cardinals tend to prefer just feeding in the ground. They are nice to have around being so colourful.
This isnt meant to be political by any means, and i hope it can be seen for that but ill understand if it has to be taken down. But I audibly laughed when I saw this for the first time in a while.

View attachment 348666
I know this is a hockey website, but with no hockey going on, you would think we could have 1 thread to talk about all the shit going on in the world right now. It's not "usual times".

I like coming here to chit chat and read what others are saying or have going. And with covid and the civil unrest in lots of places, it's too bad we can't have a "free" thread until things settle down and hockey starts back up. Jmo.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I bought 4 cooked chickens yesterday. On sale for $5.50 each was too good of a deal to pass up!

Just get yourself a bird feeder for your new place. Or throw out some sunflower seeds on the ground....cardinals tend to prefer just feeding in the ground. They are nice to have around being so colourful.

I know this is a hockey website, but with no hockey going on, you would think we could have 1 thread to talk about all the shit going on in the world right now. It's not "usual times".

I like coming here to chit chat and read what others are saying or have going. And with covid and the civil unrest in lots of places, it's too bad we can't have a "free" thread until things settle down and hockey starts back up. Jmo.

Yeah, the fiancee is one of those people who is scared of birds, but i think i may get a feeder. Its nice to just have wildlife around. Some of them keeps bugs away, and theyll be a nice distraction for the cat! lol.

Yeah, I wish we could do that as well, but some people just cant help themselves. If people could just respect some basic guidelines, it wouldnt be so bad. I feel for @Hollywood Couturier because he gave a pretty damn long leash for people to have discussions, but at the same time, hes got a job to do here as well. I know i was guilty of some stuff that was against the site rules but i tried to clean it up after a while. Maybe if we all show we can be good boys and girls (and everyone votes HC/Starat 2020), we can get that back.

Reactions: Tripod

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yeah, the fiancee is one of those people who is scared of birds, but i think i may get a feeder. Its nice to just have wildlife around. Some of them keeps bugs away, and theyll be a nice distraction for the cat! lol.

Yeah, I wish we could do that as well, but some people just cant help themselves. If people could just respect some basic guidelines, it wouldnt be so bad. I feel for @Hollywood Couturier because he gave a pretty damn long leash for people to have discussions, but at the same time, hes got a job to do here as well. I know i was guilty of some stuff that was against the site rules but i tried to clean it up after a while. Maybe if we all show we can be good boys and girls (and everyone votes HC/Starat 2020), we can get that back.

I gave you all one last chance. It'll be fun to see who the last person being able to post in the thread will be.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Today's unique lyric is "pinprick". The one I can think of is obvious. But it's the only one I can think of.

Can you think of any songs that incorporate "pinprick" into its lyrics?

ComfortablyNumb.mp4

EDIT: should I move these to the virus thread, keep it here, or move it to the music thread? @JojoTheWhale I'd especially like your thkughts- I know you said you enjoy it and I don't want you to miss it if the masses vote for the coronavirus thread

Last edited:
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Today's unique lyric is "pinprick". The one I can think of is obvious. But it's the only one I can think of.

ComfortablyNumb.mp4

This ones an emo boy special. I believe Thursday (for the second day in a row) used this in a song of one of their later albums, Sugarcult (its a womans name for the title, but i cant recall it, these guys were never my favorites anyway), and the academy is (you might have noticed) all used this one.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
This ones an emo boy special. I believe Thursday (for the second day in a row) used this in a song of one of their later albums, Sugarcult (its a womans name for the title, but i cant recall it, these guys were never my favorites anyway), and the academy is (you might have noticed) all used this one.
I see your emo boy special and raise it by a factor of at least 10 emos.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

ComfortablyNumb.mp4

EDIT: should I move these to the virus thread, keep it here, or move it to the music thread? @JojoTheWhale I'd especially like your thkughts- I know you said you enjoy it and I don't want you to miss it if the masses vote for the coronavirus thread

This is how I found out there's a new one. Oh dear.

It should go where it's most visible, which is probably that. That thread could use all of the help it can get, I'm sure.

I've got absolutely nothing for pinprick, but I do listen to everything posted unless I know I strongly dislike the act.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

It should go where it's most visible, which is probably that. That thread could use all of the help it can get, I'm sure.

I've got absolutely nothing for pinprick, but I do listen to everything posted unless I know I strongly dislike the act.
Sounds good to me, I'll pop it in there starting tomorrow. Should I tag you? Do you still ignore the thread?

Thought of another one btw, an excellent one from the Pie

A pinprick makes no pain

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I almost never listen to the posted videos, because I refuse to let the buffering pwn me.

Reactions: BernieParent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad