OT: 75th Obsequious Banter Thread: Pour Yourself A Kool-Aid As Tall As Hal Gill

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The third season starts on June 27, but unfortunately it's the last season.

Everything about it is so well done, but the key to the whole thing (as always) is the characters. It is bursting at the seams with great characters.
It always seemed like it should be a relatively short show, but season 2 ended with a cliffhanger, so I wanted at least one more. :laugh:

I have really enjoyed the continuity of the time lines and how the discussion of "changing your fate" has been handled. Just fascinating writing, really.

Though, that one mother/daughter dynamic... :laugh:

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
It always seemed like it should be a relatively short show, but season 2 ended with a cliffhanger, so I wanted at least one more. :laugh:

I have really enjoyed the continuity of the time lines and how the discussion of "changing your fate" has been handled. Just fascinating writing, really.

Though, that one mother/daughter dynamic... :laugh:
The writing and actors are phenomenal. They handle the whole time travel thing so much better than anyone has before, at least from shows I've seen. Really excited to see where season 3 goes after that cliffhanger.

Last edited:

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Marble racing was a thing a month ago in the Covid thread.

Is everyone a hater now?

Another great follow is Steve1989MREInfo. Even if you aren't a part the survivalist/rugged camping community, the MRE reviews are a hoot.

Reactions: Striiker

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Is everyone a hater now?

Another great follow is Steve1989MREInfo. Even if you aren't a part the survivalist/rugged camping community, the MRE reviews are a hoot.

Survivalist advice.
9673b51f-e5f0-4984-b507-80933ec062a4

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I remember watching a bit of Lost when I was a kid because my parents/grandparents watched it once in a while, but I didn’t really pay attention or understand what was going on.

I liked what little bit of it I did watch though, so I’m really disappointed that the ending was spoiled for me before I had a chance to go back and watch it all the way through.

The mystery was the whole appeal, so with that ruined it seems pointless.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
WWDITS is such an awesome show. Can’t recommend it enough

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I remember watching a bit of Lost when I was a kid because my parents/grandparents watched it once in a while, but I didn’t really pay attention or understand what was going on.

I liked what little bit of it I did watch though, so I’m really disappointed that the ending was spoiled for me before I had a chance to go back and watch it all the way through.

The mystery was the whole appeal, so with that ruined it seems pointless.

Not for me - for me, the characters are everything, and those characters were exceptional. (The mystery was obviously great, too - just saying.) This specifically is the one place where my awful memory really kills me. I'd like nothing more than to take all the naysayers and tear them down one by one, but my memory just sucks way, way too much.

One thing I can say with absolute certainty, because I watched it happen before my eyes on an almost daily basis - idiots' impatience to find out ANSWERS! ruined the reputation of something that should be held in the highest esteem.

I hate that I brought this up again, because people are definitely going to be saying things about it that have me pulling my hair out.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not for me - for me, the characters are everything, and those characters were exceptional. (The mystery was obviously great, too - just saying.) This specifically is the one place where my awful memory really kills me. I'd like nothing more than to take all the naysayers and tear them down one by one, but my memory just sucks way, way too much.

One thing I can say with absolute certainty, because I watched it happen before my eyes on an almost daily basis - idiots' impatience to find out ANSWERS! ruined the reputation of something that should be held in the highest esteem.

I hate that I brought this up again, because people are definitely going to be saying things about it that have me pulling my hair out.
Yeah, the characters were very good too (as much as I can remember). I should have said that the mystery was the whole appeal to me.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TB87

May 30, 2018
I’m in a bit of a show hole. Anyone have any TV show recs?

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Hey technical folks, I could use some help. (@JojoTheWhale and anyone else with a trusted opinion) I'm in the market for a new 55" tv. I'm over this Samsung I have with the one-connect mini for HDMI connections. I've had more trouble with it than I care to deal with. I hope they fired whoever came up with that design, as it's complete garbage.

I'm leaning OLED, specifically the LG B9, but am open to any and all suggestions. TV would be for mixed-use (streaming, TV, movies, console gaming) and looking at a max of around $1500.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I’m in a bit of a show hole. Anyone have any TV show recs?
Hulu has a couple solid shows I've been watching lately. Future Man and Solar Opposites are both really funny if you're looking for a comedy. I mentioned Future Man on the last page or so if you want a little synopsis. Solar Opposites is animated and done by the same guys who did Rick and Morty.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, the fiancee is one of those people who is scared of birds, but i think i may get a feeder. Its nice to just have wildlife around. Some of them keeps bugs away, and theyll be a nice distraction for the cat! lol.

Yeah, I wish we could do that as well, but some people just cant help themselves. If people could just respect some basic guidelines, it wouldnt be so bad. I feel for @Hollywood Couturier because he gave a pretty damn long leash for people to have discussions, but at the same time, hes got a job to do here as well. I know i was guilty of some stuff that was against the site rules but i tried to clean it up after a while. Maybe if we all show we can be good boys and girls (and everyone votes HC/Starat 2020), we can get that back.

My mom is scared of birds.

Did anyone ever go to the Frazer Zoo? It was a pet store that had the pets free-range. You could freely interact with birds. So we were in there playing with the dogs and birds, when a cockatiel struggleflapped its way onto my mom's shoulder. She panicked, punched it in the face, and then we all had to leave quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Defect

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Hey technical folks, I could use some help. (@JojoTheWhale and anyone else with a trusted opinion) I'm in the market for a new 55" tv. I'm over this Samsung I have with the one-connect mini for HDMI connections. I've had more trouble with it than I care to deal with. I hope they fired whoever came up with that design, as it's complete garbage.

I'm leaning OLED, specifically the LG B9, but am open to any and all suggestions. TV would be for mixed-use (streaming, TV, movies, console gaming) and looking at a max of around $1500.

I'm not up on tvs enough to give you an answer I feel is meaningful, but no matter what review sites say, your eyes are going to find different features more important than mine or theirs.

To my eye, 60 fps looks awful with any motion. That would steer me toward the LGs out of the OLED options, but it's all preference. As you're intimating here, the objectively good/bad areas are things like ports, which not nearly enough people think about.

TB87

May 30, 2018
Hulu has a couple solid shows I've been watching lately. Future Man and Solar Opposites are both really funny if you're looking for a comedy. I mentioned Future Man on the last page or so if you want a little synopsis. Solar Opposites is animated and done by the same guys who did Rick and Morty.

Funbucket! Bingo Bango!!

Ive heard of Future Man. I’ll give that a watch.

Reactions: Young Sandwich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad