Pre-Game Talk: #73|The Blues Creep in on Penguins|Tue, 3-24-15|7:00PM|Root/TVA Sports|CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I don't really know what else he could've done. It was a great tip-in by Steen. Sometimes the other team just executes a nice play. **** happens.

He could have tied up Steen's stick or beat him to the spot. You can't give a guy a free deflection from 10 feet out. You say Bennett sucks but you defend Lovejoy.:laugh:

YinzAintBurgh*

I wish the Pens were like the Steelers when it comes to which players to keep and go. I've been one of the few to give the Lovejoy trade a fair shake but him getting abused with Michalek out there is everything coming full circle.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I wish the Pens were like the Steelers when it comes to which players to keep and go. I've been one of the few to give the Lovejoy trade a fair shake but him getting abused with Michalek out there is everything coming full circle.

The Steelers are worse than the Penguins in that regard actually.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't really know what else he could've done. It was a great tip-in by Steen. Sometimes the other team just executes a nice play. **** happens.

Uh how about not getting beat to the net and lift the dudes stick? We acquired Lovejoy becuase he was safe and dependable. I'm not calling out the trade just because of one play, but if your hallmark is safe and strong defense, you can't get beat to the net and outworked in overtime of an important game.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
He could have tied up Steen's stick or beat him to the spot. You can't give a guy a free deflection from 10 feet out. You say Bennett sucks but you defend Lovejoy.:laugh:

He tied up Steen coming off the wall, and Steen was able to get the stick down a split second for a nice deflection. God forbid the other player makes a good play every once in a while.

YinzAintBurgh*

The Steelers are worse than the Penguins in that regard actually.

No :laugh:

Plax.. Shot himself
Nate Washington.. Mediocre
Holmes... Bum and begging to comeback
Wallace... Traded for a 7th after 2 seasons
Mendenhall... Not in the league

I can keep going. Steelers never miss.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
He tied up Steen coming off the wall, and Steen was able to get the stick down a split second for a nice deflection. God forbid the other player makes a good play every once in a while.

He got beat and failed to tie up Steen's stick. No excuses. Giving up a deflection from 10 feet out is just as bad as giving up a shot from 10 feet out. It was a weak, soft play from a weak, soft player.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
No :laugh:

Plax.. Shot himself

James Harrison.. old
Brett Keisel.. old
Polamalu.. old
Taylor.. old

turd

Feb 1, 2013
He got beat and failed to tie up Steen's stick. No excuses. Giving up a deflection from 10 feet out is just as bad as giving up a shot from 10 feet out. It was a weak, soft play from a weak, soft player.

There's no point in arguing with the Despres and Bennett apologists, so I'll just agree to disagree.

crawz87

Mar 18, 2010
Any predictions on what the great leader of this team, the one and only, Lovejoy, will say in his post-game? If he makes himself available that is ...

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
James Harrison.. old
Brett Keisel.. old
Polamalu.. old
Taylor.. old

You forgot Hines Ward, Aaron Smith, and James Farrior. The Steelers kept those guys around a bit too long as well.

YinzAintBurgh said:
No

Plax.. Shot himself

:laugh:

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
1000 bucks via paypal that Yohe didn't ask WHY he overplayed him and didn't allow Bennet on the ice when the team played the entire game shorthanded.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Despres scratched against the Rangers Sunday and - 1 so far against Columbus tonight. Lovejoy is horrible but it isn't like they gave up Maatta or Pouliot to reacquire the stiff.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino