Pre-Game Talk: #73|The Blues Creep in on Penguins|Tue, 3-24-15|7:00PM|Root/TVA Sports|CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

10948906_1573934496219339_599642362_n.jpg

3.24.15-Digital-Preview.jpg

Penguins Report: Game Day vs. St. Louis

[NHL]788191&catid=912[/NHL][NHL]788111&catid=912[/NHL]

Last edited:

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
So with 12 forwards, Crosby has been averaging over 20 min a game since the start of March, and over 21 min since Malkin was injured.

I am going to guess that he sees a lot of ice tonight with presumably 11 forwards and no Malkin against a good Blues team.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
So with 12 forwards, Crosby has been averaging over 20 min a game since the start of March, and over 21 min since Malkin was injured.

I am going to guess that he sees a lot of ice tonight with presumably 11 forwards and no Malkin against a good Blues team.

We're actually going with 10 forwards cause Adams doesn't really count

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
**** this game is on TVA sports again for us in Montreal, I can't stand those morons

CI has sucked this year with Sportsnet and TVA joining the NHL

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
so uh... what happens if the Pens suffer one more injury?

And does anyone know how far from the cap they are?

I would laugh hysterically if they are 200k short of being able to recall a forward.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Blues are the last team (besides the Penguins) that Crosby hasn't scored on yet, correct?

Yepp. In the last game against the Blues, he had clearly scored, but the ref called 'no goal' on the ice. Despite anyone with an ounce of common sense being able to see that it was a goal, there wasn't any camera angle that clearly showed it in the net so he remains goalless against them.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
It really sucks, I think this year we have had what 30 games on that channel? No point in getting CI next year, screw that!

I'm thinking about getting hockeystreams for next season. Much more then just NHL and MUUUUUUUCH cheaper. I rarely watch my CI anymore, mostly always on my PC now while i play some video games.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

I would laugh hysterically if they are 200k short of being able to recall a forward.

I wonder how they would've been able to prevent such a scenario.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Just LTIR Kunitz for his grievous iron deficiency or something. Ehrhoff could be a legitimate candidate given how injured he's been lately, tbh. There's probably something in the CBA about some type of allowance if you can't ice a full roster for an extended period of time so they can end up with Ebbett and Chorney playing together.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Just LTIR Kunitz for his grievous iron deficiency or something. Ehrhoff could be a legitimate candidate given how injured he's been lately, tbh. There's probably something in the CBA about some type of allowance if you can't ice a full roster for an extended period of time so they can end up with Ebbett and Chorney playing together.

They should have just LTIR'd Ehrhoff until he was well clear of those issues. This cap situation is silly. We'd be better off with Wilson and Rust than Adams and a no monkey.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They should have just LTIR'd Ehrhoff until he was well clear of those issues. This cap situation is silly. We'd be better off with Wilson and Rust than Adams and a no monkey.

Yeah, you'd think he'd have been LTIR'd after playing one game and having more concussion problems, and now either he's had a nagging injury for who knows how long or more concussion problems (with bonus lying Pens) right after that. Knowing this team LTIR will end up bailing them out if this carries on, Martin has had a pretty healthy season so he's due for something.

I think Rust is out injured, though. :laugh:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Injured Reserve List
In the event that a player is injured and a Club wishes to place him on the Injured Reserve List the Club must follow these procedures:
A club may place a player on the Injured Reserve List if such player is injured, disabled or ill and unable to perform his duties as a hockey player after having passed the Club's initial physical examination in that season.
A player who has an injury that renders him physically unable to play for a minumum of seven days after that date of the injury can be placed on the Club's Injured Reserve List. Once a player is placed on the list, the Club may replace said player on its NHL roster with another player. All determinations that a player has suffered an injury warranting injured reserve status must be made by the Club's medical staff and in accordance with the Club's medical standards.
A player placed on Injured Reserve is ineligible to compete in NHL games for a period of not less than seven days.
Players on Injured Reserve may attend Club meetings and meals, travel with the Club and participate in practice sessions.

Just placing him (Ehrhoff) on IR works, and they just lose the rights to use him in a game for 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad