72nd Obsequious Banter Thread: Revisiting the Zeppinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ok tech nerds. My phone seems to be using way more data than usual the last 2-3 months. I have Project Fi and never use more the 2-3 GB per month bc I am almost always on wifi unless I'm driving. I used over 6 this month and 4 and 5 the last two months. Almost seems like I am using data while on wifi. Anyway have any insight here?

You should be able to break down data usage per app/service. If the usage there doesn't add up to your total, then you might have to worry about some weird illicit invisible thing happening on your phone and using substantial data. If it does add up, then you can cut off those apps or just bury your phone in a hole.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
You should be able to break down data usage per app/service. If the usage there doesn't add up to your total, then you might have to worry about some weird illicit invisible thing happening on your phone and using substantial data. If it does add up, then you can cut off those apps or just bury your phone in a hole.
Seems to add up.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Can I borrow it? It’s not streaming on anything
Sure.....as long as I have it back by Tuesday. Believe it or not, we rent DVD's(free) from the library on the weekly...lol. Every Tuesday return the previous week's free rentals, and pick up a few more for the week. Many weeks we don't watch anything though.

I am old.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Sure.....as long as I have it back by Tuesday. Believe it or not, we rent DVD's(free) from the library on the weekly...lol. Every Tuesday return the previous week's free rentals, and pick up a few more for the week. Many weeks we don't watch anything though.

I am old.
I didn’t realize it’s in the library. Thanks! My wife takes out movies for the kids from the library.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
@Chinatown88 @Striiker
2CB606FE-9E4B-492F-8C90-FCA9789A6F00.jpeg
I got these from my kids cereal. Three are shiny. Are they worth anything? I also have a large sleeve of pogs for trade.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I thought about not doing the Google-Fu for ya. But then I realized that I can't be that mean. If your kid does get interested in collecting let me know. I'll tell you which sets have the actual value and all the stuff.
Thank you very much. I was just being funny about it all. My oldest is 4 and doesn’t know when they are or care to be honest. They literally came out of cereal boxes and went onto the window sill so they younger ones wouldn’t destroy them like they do everything else.

Reactions: Chinatown88

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Probably not?

I'd be more worried if something invisible were using data. Unless you have some new app doing it. Check the app settings for whatever apps are burning up the most data. Maybe something changed with an update.
Most of the data usage comes from Chrome. I figured it would be my music streaming app or maps since I plug into Android Auto for long drives.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Most of the data usage comes from Chrome. I figured it would be my music streaming app or maps since I plug into Android Auto for long drives.

Are you browsing a lot?

Might not hurt to get an antivirus app and run a scan to see if something hasn't latched onto Chrome, if your usage hasn't changed but data consumption has doubled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad