72nd Obsequious Banter Thread: Revisiting the Zeppinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's honestly not even road rage, it's just being completely dumbfounded by how stupid people can be behind the wheel of a car.

Just an hour ago I saw a guy dozing off in the fast lane on 95 doing 70mph. Swerving all over the place, almost clipped half a dozen cars in the process.

My bad. Long night.

Reactions: Defect

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Aww hell yeahhh! I heard it was coming out but had no clue when exactly. Been a long time coming. How was it?

It is on the Thrasher website now.

Kader Sylla's opening part is awesome. Spanky Long's part I really like, love his style. T-Funks part I liked too, Figgy's final part was solid but I was hoping for a bit more there. Sprinklings of Dollin, Herman, Reynolds and even Ellington with a few clips.

I like it quite a lot. Seen some people disparaging it, but it was satisfying to watch for sure. I guess people wanted more Reynolds and Herman, but the kids are great. Put it this way, it was an hour twenty and it seemed like ~30-40 mins when I watched it.

EDIT: Baca and Beasley dont have too much, but some of it is awesome/insane.

Last edited:

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Nah. I wasnt even really all that tired. Was just really tied into a fortnite battle while i was driving home.
(it wasnt actually me)
As long you came up with the Victory Royale I'll let it slide. That addiction is real. Gotta get it in whenever you can.
(I know it wasn't actually you :laugh:.)

Reactions: Starat327

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace

Kader Sylla's opening part is awesome. Spanky Long's part I really like, love his style. T-Funks part I liked too, Figgy's final part was solid but I was hoping for a bit more there. Sprinklings of Dollin, Herman, Reynolds and even Ellington with a few clips.

I like it quite a lot. Seen some people disparaging it, but it was satisfying to watch for sure. I guess people wanted more Reynolds and Herman, but the kids are great. Put it this way, it was an hour twenty and it seemed like ~30-40 mins when I watched it.

Good to hear they have some of the old heads getting a few plus-quality clips in. Looking forward to checking it out.

I assume you've seen King of the Road based on your level of skateboarding fandom. Such a phenomenal show. Hoping to hear it's coming back to Vice for another season. It's a perfect microcosm of the skating culture, which I grew up with in the late 90's and early 00's. The good old days...

Reactions: Appleyard

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013

Been watching Antwuan's part in Baker 3 for so long its jarring to see new skaters in HD

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Good to hear they have some of the old heads getting a few plus-quality clips in. Looking forward to checking it out.

I assume you've seen King of the Road based on your level of skateboarding fandom. Such a phenomenal show. Hoping to hear it's coming back to Vice for another season. It's a perfect microcosm of the skating culture, which I grew up with in the late 90's and early 00's. The good old days...

Been watching Antwuan's part in Baker 3 for so long its jarring to see new skaters in HD

Have you guys watched/listened to the 9 Club?

Best podcast I have ever listened to. Basically interview pro skaters and guys affiliated with skating on their whole lives. Some amazing episodes that are so interesting. Would recomend it heavily.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace

Best podcast I have ever listened to. Basically interview pro skaters and guys affiliated with skating on their whole lives. Some amazing episodes that are so interesting. Would recomend it heavily.
Never heard of it, but sounds like I have a new podcast to listen to at work now.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013

JUST got the recommendation from youtube lol. Its in my watch later as we speak.

Crazy how when I was a kid, the ancient days of the middle 00's, skate culture was the epitome of cool.
If you could skate like Jamal Smith in Philly back then you were the ****.
Liking Comics/Superhero/Manga/Anime culture on the other hand would get you a swift beating.
I was into all of that, and still am, so I can testify.

Nowadays skating is more insular than it was back then and superhero/comic culture dominates everything.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
JUST got the recommendation from youtube lol. Its in my watch later as we speak.

Crazy how when I was a kid, the ancient days of the middle 00's, skate culture was the epitome of cool.
Liking Comics/Superhero/Manga/Anime culture on the other hand would get you a swift beating.

Nowadays skating is more insular than it was back then and superhero/comic culture dominates everything.
I’m just glad you specified it was skateboarding that I called you nerds out for. THPS2 FTW.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Such amazing skating is out there... but the influx of energy drink companies and big shoe companies etc seem to have made a select few very rich... but means a lot of board companies and more "core" skate brands struggle. Not enough money to go around, when ~20 years ago in the late 90s/early 00s boom all the money was pretty much going directly to skaters/skater owned companies. Plus ofc now "videos" dont make money like they did.

It certainly "feels" like less people skate now as well. Albeit I have not been inside a park in like 10 years (I lie, I was in one in Copenhagen, but different!). When I go past the places back home where people used to skate people still do... but it seems 90% the same guys who were there 10-15 years ago, but just 10-15 years older!

Tbh though there were a solid ~12-15 of us from my friendship group aged 14-20 who skated... I would guess ~3-4 of us have stepped on a board in the last 5 years.

I cant speak much though, have maybe skated 3 days in the last 18 months (and one was showing my 10 year old sister how to skate!), and tried jack shit barring just ollies and shuv-its. All I could ever do was jump up and down things, so hard to do that now as dont really fancy getting hurt! In a few years when buy my own place though for sure putting in a mini-ramp!

Philly always seems to a non-American as the skate mecca outside California.

Ricky Oyola
Kerry Getz
Pete Eldridge
Jimmy Gorecki
Josh Kalis
Bam Margera
Stevie Williams
Chris Cole
Ishod Wair
Tom Asta

I guess maybe NY has more... but that list has 2x SOTYs in Cole and Wair... and Asta, Williams, Kalis, Oyola and Margera who were/are all SOTY contenders at their best.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Such amazing skating is out there... but the influx of energy drink companies and big shoe companies etc seem to have made a select few very rich... but means a lot of board companies and more "core" skate brands struggle. Not enough money to go around, when ~20 years ago in the late 90s/early 00s boom all the money was pretty much going directly to skaters/skater owned companies. Plus ofc now "videos" dont make money like they did.

It certainly "feels" like less people skate now as well. Albeit I have not been inside a park in like 10 years (I lie, I was in one in Copenhagen, but different!). When I go past the places back home where people used to skate people still do... but it seems 90% the same guys who were there 10-15 years ago, but just 10-15 years older!

Tbh though there were a solid ~12-15 of us from my friendship group aged 14-20 who skated... I would guess ~3-4 of us have stepped on a board in the last 5 years.

I cant speak much though, have maybe skated 3 days in the last 18 months (and one was showing my 10 year old sister how to skate!), and tried jack **** barring just ollies and shuv-its. All I could ever do was jump up and down things, so hard to do that now as dont really fancy getting hurt! In a few years when buy my own place though for sure putting in a mini-ramp!

Ricky Oyola
Kerry Getz
Pete Eldridge
Jimmy Gorecki
Josh Kalis
Bam Margera
Stevie Williams
Chris Cole
Ishod Wair
Tom Asta

I guess maybe NY has more... but that list has 2x SOTYs in Cole and Wair... and Asta, Williams, Kalis, Oyola and Margera who were/are all SOTY contenders at their best.
Mega nerd

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

I cant speak much though, have maybe skated 3 days in the last 18 months (and one was showing my 10 year old sister how to skate!), and tried jack **** barring just ollies and shuv-its. All I could ever do was jump up and down things, so hard to do that now as dont really fancy getting hurt! In a few years when buy my own place though for sure putting in a mini-ramp!

Ricky Oyola
Kerry Getz
Pete Eldridge
Jimmy Gorecki
Josh Kalis
Bam Margera
Stevie Williams
Chris Cole
Ishod Wair
Tom Asta

I said it before and I’ll say it again....

Do a kickflip.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
It's honestly not even road rage, it's just being completely dumbfounded by how stupid people can be behind the wheel of a car.

Just an hour ago I saw a guy dozing off in the fast lane on 95 doing 70mph. Swerving all over the place, almost clipped half a dozen cars in the process.

yeah I know, just messing around. There are plenty of things that trigger me on the road. We have more then our fair share of dumb drivers up here.

Reactions: Young Sandwich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad