OT: 71st Obsequious Banter Thread: Hey, we're just one away from revisiting the Zeppinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
But ... what is it? And what in the **** is a "sub-Chan"? What the **** is a "Chan" actually?
It's a forum site, just like this. With threads etc and different sub-pages. Instead of all the different teams' forums, they have /b/ (random), /pol (politics), etc. It's like a NSFW reddit for with way less rules. aka no rules.

Most of it there is just trolling and posting sexting pics, with the most commonly frequented (and infamous/famous) being /b. It's all usually harmless chaotic neutral, really, and should be taken with a grain of salt. Until it isn't, because you can't underestimate the power of the internet.

Hilarious troll of that weird Shia protest thing

It's not all for naught though. Anonymous seized the KKK's webpage once

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
the lines between what is real and what is fake, what is sarcasm and jest vs actual things are really starting to blur for me and I am lost and am trying to make sense of the world in which we live.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's a forum site, just like this. With threads etc and different sub-pages. Instead of all the different teams' forums, they have /b/ (random), /pol (politics), etc. It's like a NSFW reddit for with way less rules. aka no rules.

Most of it there is just trolling and posting sexting pics, with the most commonly frequented (and infamous/famous) being /b. It's all usually harmless chaotic neutral, really, and should be taken with a grain of salt. Until it isn't, because you can't underestimate the power of the internet.

Hilarious troll of that weird Shia protest thing

It's not all for naught though. Anonymous seized the KKK's webpage once

So it's stupid and confusing and pointless, same as reddit - got it, thank you.

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The thing with 4chan is, like someone said earlier, people don't realize it's just trolling (and by people, I mean media). The lap it up. They lap up the "pool's closed" guy and call it racist. You can find vids upon vids on the legendary internet raids/troll jobs emerging from 4chan on youtube. Would recommend for the lulz

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I forgot about FARK, another early comedy site/ forum from the olden days. Not sure if that still exists.

It does, although I'm sure not with much traffic. I think rotten and fatbabies still exist somewhere too. Funnyjunk I believe is gone.

The one that always gets me is the old green version of DVDVR. If you don't know what it stands for, I'm happy for you.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
So it's stupid and confusing and pointless, same as reddit - got it, thank you.
Pretty much. The slogan of the site is The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
And everyone, naturally, doesn't understand the internet and takes it at face value, with news anchors taking the bait and asking who is this four chan.

One of my favorites was a Pitbull/Taylor Swift promo that held a contest- "which city should we play in? Submit your choice!! Most votes wins!" Well 4chan raided it and submitted some 6,000 person town in alaska lol

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The thing with 4chan is, like someone said earlier, people don't realize it's just trolling (and by people, I mean media). The lap it up. They lap up the "pool's closed" guy and call it racist. You can find vids upon vids on the legendary internet raids/troll jobs emerging from 4chan on youtube. Would recommend for the lulz

I have a strong feeling that I wouldn't be too entertained - it seems like more of something for your age group, and I mean that with a total absence of judgment or sarcasm, for once.

It sounds like this foreskin has the kind of people who are pervy otaku. I am 100% a loving, cute otaku. I'm not down with creepiness. Notice how I said "down with"? Pretty good, right?

Reactions: Chinatown88

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The craziest is some of those video gamers that call in like false hostage threats at other gamer’s houses.

I think there was a situation where it happened & the person it happened to legally owned a gun. So they grabbed it thinking someone was breaking into their house. Only for it to be the police under the thought of a hostage situation going on to break in & see a person with a gun. The person ended up shot dead by the police.

I think the person that called it in got like murder charges.

Yup, called “SWAT-ing”.

Happens a lot to video game streamers. Lots of times it’s been caught on tape too. There’s plenty of YouTube videos of it happening to various people.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I have a strong feeling that I wouldn't be too entertained - it seems like more of something for your age group, and I mean that with a total absence of judgment or sarcasm, for once.

It sounds like this foreskin has the kind of people who are pervy otaku. I am 100% a loving, cute otaku. I'm not down with creepiness. Notice how I said "down with"? Pretty good, right?
You're "with it" on all accounts here. 100% nailed it, not kidding

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yup, called “SWAT-ing”.

Happens a lot to video game streamers. Lots of times it’s been caught on tape too. There’s plenty of YouTube videos of it happening to various people.

Member when I told you that e-gaming is literally the Devil? That was before I knew about SWAT-ing, though I think there is more WANK-ing to it than anything.

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad