OT: 71st Obsequious Banter Thread: Hey, we're just one away from revisiting the Zeppinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
By the way, from the last thread, if anyone thinks they are a bigger Calvin and Hobbes (or Bloom County) freak than me, get in line. That is my life. That is all I wanted to do with my life. Unfortunately, I rage-quit drawing when I got writer's block that wouldn't go away one time.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
By the way, from the last thread, if anyone thinks they are a bigger Calvin and Hobbes (or Bloom County) freak than me, get in line. That is my life. That is all I wanted to do with my life. Unfortunately, I rage-quit drawing when I got writer's block that wouldn't go away one time.

I got into art because I wanted to draw like Breathed and Watterson. Then I stopped.

I follow Breathed on Instagram. He will actually reply to comments and questions.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I got into art because I wanted to draw like Breathed and Watterson. Then I stopped.

I follow Breathed on Instagram. He will actually reply to comments and questions.

They are the greatest, seriously. I actually found a way to use Calvin and Hobbes in my communications class over in Thailand. It was selfish, but it helped them out, or would have if they had paid any attention to me lol

My drawing had really progressed, but I just could not relax my mind enough to settle on a storyline and characters. It drove me utterly crazy to the point I couldn't take it anymore. I always did two things to find peace - go to the bookstore, and draw. I miss the latter. That's the reason I get stuck dreamily in Photoshop making stupid pics. Now I am full of ideas, and I can't draw anymore :laugh:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

This was the phone in my room growing up. I still have it somewhere.

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/...nality_1_f74b9ce0b6d55cb932c559ac8464ce50.jpg

No, I don’t know why this was a thing either.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
This was the phone in my room growing up. I still have it somewhere.

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/...nality_1_f74b9ce0b6d55cb932c559ac8464ce50.jpg

No, I don’t know why this was a thing either.

Is that the Opus phone? I had that too, absolutely. I don't think I ever used it as a phone, though. I have a stuffed Bill the Cat - when I had my Mini Cooper, before I went to Thailand, I had him in the passenger seat with the seatbelt on. Every single day.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They are the greatest, seriously. I actually found a way to use Calvin and Hobbes in my communications class over in Thailand. It was selfish, but it helped them out, or would have if they had paid any attention to me lol

My drawing had really progressed, but I just could not relax my mind enough to settle on a storyline and characters. It drove me utterly crazy to the point I couldn't take it anymore. I always did two things to find peace - go to the bookstore, and draw. I miss the latter. That's the reason I get stuck dreamily in Photoshop making stupid pics. Now I am full of ideas, and I can't draw anymore :laugh:

I got really good at ink, then school and sports meant I had no time. Now I'd love to sit down and draw but everything I do looks like I hold the pen with my fist.

I also learned to read via Calvin and Hobbes. Which also often meant I was learning how to use a dictionary too.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

There is no way you are a bigger bloom county fan than this other person who i know is a bloom county fan

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It is now

Surprisingly, babies are the one thing I have had good luck on flights with. Occasional cry, but most have been good.

Know what was the worst? Someone brought their yappy terrier on board. That thing didnt shut the f*** up for 5 hours going LAX to PHL. I'm an animal person, but this thing was testing my limits.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
If someone puts their flyers stein in the dishwasher, let me know how it turns out. Non dishwasher safe dishes in 2019 is literally communist.

I think most of those steins are in pieces on the streets of Philadelphia.

source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad