Post-Game Talk: #7 - Sharks @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Boyles salary will pay for Yandle. McIlrath can come in and play full time. Girardi is shipped out and Klein is promoted to the top pairing...

The only other way we find cap relief is if Nash is Shipped out.

Preferably id love to see Staal, Girardi, and Nash all shipped out for assets and One single stud RW.... Sign a high caliber player out of free agency, and some stop gap defensemen in case of necessity

Kreider-Brassard-zucc
Miller-Stepan-Buchnevich
Lindberg-Hayes-Fast
Ufa-Stoll-Moore
Bourque
Etem

Mcdonagh-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath
Skjei-ufa veteran

Etem growing makes this lineup even better.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Do take note of this. Without them the Sharks are a lesser team than the one that missed the playoffs last season. On paper at least.

We are actually missing the top line LW from last season as well, and the guy who replaced him at the start of this season.

You can't just let us enjoy the win can you? :laugh:

BarbaraAlphanse

Boyle looked horrible last night. His minutes should be going to Mcilrath. Mcilrath needs them and will probably be as effective as boyle... at bare minimum.

Aside from that, that's the type of Rick Nash we need in the playoffs. Forceful. Imposing. Aggressive. He doesn't play like this often enough.

That is what separates him from Ovi and Malkin.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Boyles salary will pay for Yandle. McIlrath can come in and play full time. Girardi is shipped out and Klein is promoted to the top pairing...

Preferably id love to see Staal, Girardi, and Nash all shipped out for assets and One single stud RW.... Sign a high caliber player out of free agency, and some stop gap defensemen in case of necessity

Kreider-Brassard-zucc
Miller-Stepan-Buchnevich
Lindberg-Hayes-Fast
Ufa-Stoll-Moore
Bourque
Etem

Mcdonagh-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath
Skjei-ufa veteran

Given Lundqvist's age, this is an idiotic plan. Would be fine if the team's cup window was definitively closed. Its not.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Given Lundqvist's age, this is an idiotic plan. Would be fine if the team's cup window was definitively closed. Its not.

This would be for next year. Should have clarified...

Girardi is only getting worse, Staal is average at best, Boyle will be gone regardless...

Trading Nash and signing Stamkos (or a high ennd UFA Winger) to a similar contract would do both the rangers and the farm very well.

BarbaraAlphanse

Enough with your age narrative. Thomas won the cup at like 38 or 39. It's not impossible. I'd rather a dominant team with an above average but over the hill Hank than holding onto overpriced guys with the baseless hope that they'll finally change their stripes and perform when it matters most. And yes I mean Rick Nash and Marc Staal

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
This would be for next year. Should have clarified...

Girardi is only getting worse, Staal is average at best, Boyle will be gone regardless...

Trading Nash and signing Stamkos (or a high ennd UFA Winger) to a similar contract would do both the rangers and the farm very well.

Its funny, because Stamkos playoff performance, especially in the finals, would have been lambasted if he was a Ranger - now we want him to replace Nash, likely at a much higher price. Cant make this stuff up.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Enough with your age narrative. Thomas won the cup at like 38 or 39. It's not impossible. I'd rather a dominant team with an above average but over the hill Hank than holding onto overpriced guys with the baseless hope that they'll finally change their stripes and perform when it matters most. And yes I mean Rick Nash and Marc Staal

Rust's narrative in combating the countless goaltenders whose performances slipped after the age of 35: "Its not impossible"

Good luck with that.

BarbaraAlphanse

So would the Rangers, Im sure.

Your problem is a wayward assumption that Nash's production can be easily replaced.

Nope. Never said easily. That's what the FO gets paid big bucks for. Tough decisions. Creative and successful solutions.

We have 1 in house solution. He may never reach Nash's productivity.

Rangers have 3 assets they can use to obtain another guy to replace production. Nash himself. Staal. Girardi.

Pierre is in love with Marc Staal. I'm sure some GMs are of the same mindset. Replace the forward depth through him. Why not through Nash?

One step backward to move 3 steps forward.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Nope. Never said easily. That's what the FO gets paid big bucks for. Tough decisions. Creative and successful solutions.

We have 1 in house solution. He may never reach Nash's productivity.

Rangers have 3 assets they can use to obtain another guy to replace production. Nash himself. Staal. Girardi.

Pierre is in love with Marc Staal. I'm sure some GMs are of the same mindset. Replace the forward depth through him. Why not through Nash?

One step backward to move 3 steps forward.

So a kid from Russia and trading 3 guys that the majority of this board think are collective shit? Thats the plan, eh? Like I said, good luck.

BarbaraAlphanse

So a kid from Russia and trading 3 guys that the majority of this board think are collective shit? Thats the plan, eh? Like I said, good luck.

Nope. My point was we don't have many in house solutions. And to use some of the aforementioned 3 to replace the production.

Btw it's not much production to begin with during the playoffs from any of them... So... Shouldn't be the hardest thing to find.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Kreider-Brassard-zucc
Miller-Stepan-Buchnevich
Lindberg-Hayes-Fast
Ufa-Stoll-Moore
Bourque
Etem

Mcdonagh-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath
Skjei-ufa veteran

Etem still has to play one single good game for us.

Girardi and Staal are both NMC. They both wear a letter A. According to the article written by Katie Strang for ESPN at the time Girardi signed his latest contract--the first 3 years were NMC. Now according to General Fanager he has two years NMC but their source for Girardi's contract is the Katie Strang article so...misprint? by Strang or GF---probably GF but whatever. This year being the second year of that contract I don't see Girardi going anywhere at least this season and probably the next as well. Staal has just begun his 3 year period of no movement.

And once again even if you benched or scratched the player--you still have to carry him and his cap hit on your roster and things being the way they are AV will not bench either. Whether you like the contracts or not the Rangers don't have a whole lot of leverage with either player IMO if they stick to their guns.

So then there's the assertion that Boyle's contract will pay for Yandle. I would rather you'd said that Boyle's contract might go a long way towards paying for Yandle. The assumption here is that Yandle wants to stay with the Rangers beyond this year--when it's really he might be willing to stay but might just as will be more interested in exploring unrestricted free agency in July. Maybe he'd even like to play for his hometown Boston team? The thing is none of us really have much an idea of what it would take to circumvent him from taking his situation all the way to free agency. $7mil per year? 8? Would he take an NMC?---for a bit less money?

As far as shipping Nash out--he needs to score goals for us. He is by far our biggest goal scoring threat. Not sure who we could replace him with.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Re Girardi:

He'd have to consent. Which he wouldn't.

Not to mention the Rangers don't want to get rid of him. They had every opportunity to do so 18 months ago. Instead they gave him a 6 year deal with a NMC.

Yeah, moving him is probably not gonna happen.

Meaning he continues to play.

So either McDonagh or Yandle suffers. And we have to pay that salary, which will make it difficult to re-sign people we need.

Ah well ... wish Sather didn't do that one.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Etem still has to play one single good game for us.

Girardi and Staal are both NMC. They both wear a letter A. According to the article written by Katie Strang for ESPN at the time Girardi signed his latest contract--the first 3 years were NMC. Now according to General Fanager he has two years NMC but their source for Girardi's contract is the Katie Strang article so...misprint? by Strang or GF---probably GF but whatever. This year being the second year of that contract I don't see Girardi going anywhere at least this season and probably the next as well. Staal has just begun his 3 year period of no movement.

And once again even if you benched or scratched the player--you still have to carry him and his cap hit on your roster and things being the way they are AV will not bench either. Whether you like the contracts or not the Rangers don't have a whole lot of leverage with either player IMO if they stick to their guns.

So then there's the assertion that Boyle's contract will pay for Yandle. I would rather you'd said that Boyle's contract might go a long way towards paying for Yandle. The assumption here is that Yandle wants to stay with the Rangers beyond this year--when it's really he might be willing to stay but might just as will be more interested in exploring unrestricted free agency in July. Maybe he'd even like to play for his hometown Boston team? The thing is none of us really have much an idea of what it would take to circumvent him from taking his situation all the way to free agency. $7mil per year? 8? Would he take an NMC?---for a bit less money?

As far as shipping Nash out--he needs to score goals for us. He is by far our biggest goal scoring threat. Not sure who we could replace him with.

Yup, Girardi and Staal are going nowhere anytime soon. Any why would they? They took a discount off what they would have gotten in FA for the promise of stability for themselves and their families. Unless their relationships with the team start to sour, which I see no indication of, I can't see them being moved until their NMCs are expired.

Those are going to be really bad contracts in hindsight, but I can't kill management for the Girardi contract. At the time, we were thin on RHD, and McIlrath was still a huge question mark. Staal's contract, however, I was railing against from day one.

Wolfy*

Yeah I can see that :laugh:

Looks like Zucc will be our top scorer, after he finally decided to shoot. Nash and Stepan will pick up the assists..

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Nash has the biggest muffin of a shot on the team. He needs to score his goals within 5 feet of the net. There's a reason why he can put up 8 shots in a game and not score, if the majority of those shots are from outside the crease.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Like many good goal scorers, Nash has a good shot when he wants to rip into it and a deceptive shot the rest of the time. He's probably scored a third of the goals in his career on those "muffin" shots.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Either Hayes or Miller deserve to sit a game. They were both really bad last night, and Etem should get another game in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad