Post-Game Talk: #7| New York Islanders @ Winnipeg Jets | October 17th | 8:00 PM | F/W 3-1

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Not sure they deserved the 2, but I’ll take it.

They need one pure goalscorer.

Also need to play that crisp, clean hockey. Some bad puck management. Toews is one of my favorites, but he has a habit of lazy chips and passes.

Nelson was key at the end w the faceoffs (how long is Cizikas out?).

Not sure what to do w Whal. He looks good; he’s stronger on the puck for a 19 yr old than I imagined.

Varly’s best game, consistency is what I’m looking for from him.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
barzal is such a beast. Just like I said, the numbers weren’t reflecting his play. Keep wally up and get a healthy ebs and hai knows. Mat can hit 90 this year if he stays this dominant. Kid basically won us back to back games

Too bad Wahl and Ebs are both pure RW's - I'd love to flank Barzal with two shoot first wingers who both have finesse

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Throw in Scheifele and Connor for MDC and Brassard and you have a deal :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Sorry.
Our GM only gifts our players to the other New York team.
lol :thumbu:

Good luck the rest of the year. :)

giphy.gif

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I mean regarding the offense in general. I think Barzal can hit 90 if either plays decently

I agree, the haters who watch maybe 4 Isles games a year were all screaming "see he's a 60 point player without JT" ... I genuinely want to see Barzal ecstatic, it's a great sight but the bonus is him proving himself to all the doubters.

If we had consistent finishers, he'd have 8 or 9 assists already

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
3 in a row!!!! Good effort by the team again tonight, especially considering we apparently are not allowed to get more than 1 PP a game this season. Also, really glad people are starting to take notice of what I had been saying about Boychuk all along. Even Staple mentioned he was the best dman again tonight. He has arguably been our best dman in every game he has played and there is not a chance in hell he should be a healthy scratch for a 19 year old rookie except for the occasional rest to keep him fresh.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
3 in a row!!!! Good effort by the team again tonight, especially considering we apparently are not allowed to get more than 1 PP a game this season. Also, really glad people are starting to take notice of what I had been saying about Boychuk all along. Even Staple mentioned he was the best dman again tonight. He has arguably been our best dman in every game he has played and there is not a chance in hell he should be a healthy scratch for a 19 year old rookie except for the occasional rest to keep him fresh.

Maybe Leddy should be a healthy scratch for Dobson.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Motivation is not among the things that Barzy's game lacks.
He needs to shoot more, and he does seem to enjoy a good hat-trick. A two goal game should encourage him to use his excellent shot more often. I think that we will see Barzy go on a little streak. He is a passer by nature though, I don't think he can help himself sometimes.

Would really like to see them try Whalstrom on his wing.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
We have seen these spurts from Barzy before only to have them fizzle. He won't put up two every night obviously, but if he can just become a bit more of a consistent goal scoring threat that defenses have to respect, it will open up a lot of possibilities for this offense. God knows we need all the help we can get.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just finished the game.

Really sloppy until Barzal scored his first goal. Barzal was a bit too fancy early on and kept turning the puck over doing silly things. Actually, nearly the whole team did. They should've just dumped the puck in a lot earlier. Barzal atoned for it though.

Beauvillier with another really strong game, same with Komarov and Bailey. Wahlstrom played very well again, though he should probably dump the puck sometimes instead of doing moves if he'd like to keep his head. Varlamov made some good saves and looked more comfortable. Defensively I thought Pelech was the best, followed by Boychuk. Toews had a rough night. Nelson was really clutch on faceoffs and played very well defensively once the team had the lead. Lee had an awful game, didn't care for Kuhnhackl or Dal Colle much. Johnston was a part of the momentum shift and it's unfortunate that Trotz shifted Komarov back to the wing late so Johnston had to be benched. The chances created off turnovers is what this team needs more off, just need to stop turning it over ourselves.

Reactions: dood

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL

For the haters

Who are the haters? People who dare to say even the slightest negative thing about him? We all know he has a ton of skill, is motivated to be great and wants to win. What's to hate? The only haters are the people act like petulant children when somebody dares to say something critical about their hero regardless of how true it is.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Who are the haters? People who dare to say even the slightest negative thing about him? We all know he has a ton of skill, is motivated to be great and wants to win. What's to hate? The only haters are the people act like petulant children when somebody dares to say something critical about their hero regardless of how true it is.

People who make up things about how he falls down all the time and doesn't possess a shot at all, those are haters because they're not true.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Forgot to mention and I'm not someone who usually brings officiating up, but man did they miss some obvious ones tonight.

Reactions: Strummergas

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Hatersaywhat?

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
Very satisfying win. We have a winning streak here! I watched the game on Jets feed, one sentence they repeated atleast 3 times I think was "and Pelech stays with him" and then I realized how good Pelech has been all season. He just keeps the forwards outside and stays with them when they try to go around him.

Other than that I loved how Barzal answered to those no calls on high stick, answered as both on ice and with Shannons interview. :laugh: Didnt like how he stayed on ice after the second(?) stick to the face. This aint soccer get up and play.

Varlamov was solid, much better than previous games, not so shaky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad