GDT: #7: FLYERS 3 at Blue Jackets 6, Thursday, Oct. 18, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
When I first saw that pig one it freaked me out too, but I've been seeing that pig pop up for almost twenty years now. Actually saw the whole video and that ending clip is the only creepy part, mainly because of those teeth. before that it's just a guy in a jaunty pig costume dancing with some lady.
If it's black and white, it's automatically 2spooky4me. Very few exceptions.

Okay, more than very few. But you get the picture. Lol

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Really grinded out that loss last night. Good ****.

Sanheim looked like a horsecocked stud at least. You can see him oozing confidence now. Strong on the puck, skating like a gazelle, crispy passes, and making all the right decisions in the o-zone. Starting to really look like the player that dominated in Calgary. He looked fantastic QBing the 2nd PP unit. Put Provy to shame in that regard. Hopefully Dawn Heelstick doesn't neuter the piss out of him.

Yea, but watch him be the odd man out when mcdonald returns.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
This is year 5.

Hextall said "it wouldnt take 5 years".

Hows that working out for ya, Ron?
Well, the first two years didn't count, because, #reasons. GMRH said so himself at the end of last season.

Then, GMs and coaches lie to the public, all the time. They can't reveal their cards to the public, because then other team executives would know the plan and be able to counteract the Flyers ability to succeed.

So it really hasn't been 5 years, plus the current season just began, not concluded.

In effect, you are wrong, because #ObviousHeelTurn

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Watching highlights on the train.
Hopefully when we're truly competitive someone will make a post 2010 Lowlight compilation and that Folin gaffe will be one of the centerpieces
I dunno. I think Folin was just following some of the coaching instructions when he fell over unprompted and the opposition scored. Remember, AMac did the same thing during the pre-season, and he routinely gets praised by both the coach and general manager. As a new guy, Folin was looking to AMac for guidance and reassurance of the right way to play. So he emulated AMac there and the Flyers were scored upon. Makes sense to me, #winning. #ObviousHeelTurn

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
The nice things I said about Hägg and Folin after the Florida game?

I take them back.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah, Pickard wasn't good, but neither was Bob.

giphy.gif

And when you add that the Jackets were without Seth Jones, that was a recipe for a Flyers win, or at least a loser point.

But that assumes you're a team with structure and a game plan that can be executed proficiently.

Don't mean to beat on the dead horse, but I get the same feeling I had a year ago. This is a team that has some good talent, but it often looks like an un-coached mess.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Then you're gonna love THIS. Saw this movie many times as a kid and was always skeeved out by this poor monkey in a Mickey Mouse costume.

I stumbled upon this on YouTube way back in May. It's way too stupid and benign to be considered legitimately creepy, but I'm such a massive ***** when it comes to 20s/30s black and white, and the rigid stop motion and grainy old-timey singing voice sure don't help at all. :laugh:

Reactions: Amorgus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Flyers' carelessness is 'embarrassing' and 'getting out of hand' Everything is so true in the article thats why its hard to fire the coach.

"Our biggest thing so far is that we need more consistent execution," general manager Ron Hextall said pregame. "More consistent execution makes you a better team. At times, we get a little bit complacent. You can't be complacent."

Uh oh, that sounds like a shot across the bow, if some of you don't start focusing and executing, I may have to execute (cut or trade) some players.

Reactions: hatcher

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
"Our biggest thing so far is that we need more consistent execution," general manager Ron Hextall said pregame. "More consistent execution makes you a better team. At times, we get a little bit complacent. You can't be complacent."

Uh oh, that sounds like a shot across the bow, if some of you don't start focusing and executing, I may have to execute (cut or trade) some players.

He should deal with the man responsible for getting the roster on the same page and getting them to execute.

Reactions: Rebels57

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Players are a problem to from to to bottom but the coach will go first but if so all together one by one.

I think you'd be shocked at how quickly the players cease being a problem with a good coach. Recall that we have not seen good coaching on this team in half a decade.

When there are teamwide issues, lack of systemic play and support, apparently complacency, roster-wide sloppiness, etc; these cease being individual issues. They are blatant coaching issues.

It's very reminiscent of Stevens. It also calls to mind the period of utter confusion at the end of Lavi's tenure, when he was trying to reconcile conflicting philosophies and per Hartnell the players were highly confused on the ice. It's what happens when the bottom falls out on a coach and they cannot handle their situation anymore. It's what happens when you need a change.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I think you'd be shocked at how quickly the players cease being a problem with a good coach. Recall that we have not seen good coaching on this team in half a decade.

When there are teamwide issues, lack of systemic play and support, apparently complacency, roster-wide sloppiness, etc; these cease being individual issues. They are blatant coaching issues.

It's very reminiscent of Stevens. It also calls to mind the period of utter confusion at the end of Lavi's tenure, when he was trying to reconcile conflicting philosophies and per Hartnell the players were highly confused on the ice. It's what happens when the bottom falls out on a coach and they cannot handle their situation anymore. It's what happens when you need a change.
I said the coach will be first then we'll see but players will be next.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
It’s what “Striiker hockey” gets you in reality. He should be thrilled — the “good” players playing “unleashed” and “pushing the play.” And what great results!
HAHAHAHAHA it's so bad to watch and so slow at forward and the d who knows what they are yet.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It’s what “Striiker hockey” gets you in reality. He should be thrilled — the “good” players playing “unleashed” and “pushing the play.” And what great results!

There's a difference between unleashing them within a system and holding the team back as Hakstol does. If the players are rebelling to try and compensate for coaching deficiencies, that's hardly "unleashed"

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
There's a difference between unleashing them within a system and holding the team back as Hakstol does. If the players are rebelling to try and compensate for coaching deficiencies, that's hardly "unleashed"
102 pts isnt holding anyone back along with all the others players having banner years. No team d to do it though just running a muck.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

They're not rebelling, they're just screwing up.
Sloppy play by veterans in a system they've been executing for years isn't "rebellion" it's just carelessness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad