GDT: #7: FLYERS 3 at Blue Jackets 6, Thursday, Oct. 18, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They're not rebelling, they're just screwing up.
Sloppy play by veterans in a system they've been executing for years isn't "rebellion" it's just carelessness.

They're going lone-wolf. And I don't blame them, they've dealt with failed coaches through their prime at this point. It's a disgusting waste.

That is the fault of coaching. Do you think it is flawless coaching to let your system collapse?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Dp1KO1eXcAA0TjH

This would have been hilarious if Pickard gave up this one too.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
There's a difference between unleashing them within a system and holding the team back as Hakstol does. If the players are rebelling to try and compensate for coaching deficiencies, that's hardly "unleashed"
Wait. I thought you all praised Ghost for allegedly disregarding the coach’s system & doing what he wanted instead?
Anyway, what their “good” players are doing now is the definition of “unleashed” & you see the results. I never read one person qualify “unleashed” as within the confines of a system. In fact, “structure” was mocked & scoffed at, & “unleashed within a system” is an oxymoron. You’re backtracking or talking out two sides of your mouth.

Reactions: Jtown and hatcher

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Wait. I thought you all praised Ghost for allegedly disregarding the coach’s system & doing what he wanted instead?
Anyway, what their “good” players are doing now is the definition of “unleashed” & you see the results. I never read one person qualify “unleashed” as within the confines of a system. In fact, “structure” was mocked & scoffed at, & “unleashed within a system” is an oxymoron. You’re backtracking or talking out two sides of your mouth.
Bingo. I watched this team last year go damn near a month and a half it seemed playing his system and the games were 0-0 after 2 periods most of them and this bunch of shit couldn't score and they lost them all then it got wide open again.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Yeah. Where am I saying it's bad? The players want to win. The coach has held them back for years, and they're trying to find ways to overcome him now. I'm not backtracking at all.

You're purposefully misdefining what we mean by unleashed. Don't do that. You know who else "unleashed" a roster? Lavi. he did so by employing a system that worked to the team's strengths and by putting players in position to succeed. Hakstol does the opposite, so the players have to try to make do.

Good for these guys doing their best to win. Let's give them a real coach who makes winning easier instead of harder.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Yeah. Where am I saying it's bad? The players want to win. The coach has held them back for years, and they're trying to find ways to overcome him now. I'm not backtracking at all.

You're purposefully misdefining what we mean by unleashed. Don't do that. You know who else "unleashed" a roster? Lavi. he did so by employing a system that worked to the team's strengths and by putting players in position to succeed. Hakstol does the opposite, so the players have to try to make do.

Good for these guys doing their best to win. Let's give them a real coach who makes winning easier instead of harder.
Lavi system wouldnt work here because from foward back its a slow team.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Lavi system wouldnt work here because from foward back its a slow team.

Lavi's system worked with Betts, Nodl, old Gagne, Lappy who hardly had any speed left, Giroux who you claim is slow and soft, and a slothfooted Pronger. Let's not pretend Richards was a burner either. The real fast guys were Carter and Powe, and I suppose Coburn.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
"Our biggest thing so far is that we need more consistent execution," general manager Ron Hextall said pregame. "More consistent execution makes you a better team. At times, we get a little bit complacent. You can't be complacent."

Uh oh, that sounds like a shot across the bow, if some of you don't start focusing and executing, I may have to execute (cut or trade) some players.

Yeah, players. Play better, or I'll send you to a crap team where your game will rot in anonymity.

Like, New Jersey. Ooops, they're playing better than us, and they actually seem to have a system.

Or like, Montreal. Damn, can't believe they're playing better than us.

Or Colorado. Errr, no.

Or Vancouver. A Jim Benning team is beating us? What?

Or Ottawa. They can't have a better record, can they? Crap!

LA? Now we're talking. Play better, or you'll have to live as a multi-millionaire athlete in Southern California. Wow, talk about punishment.

Teamwide carelessness is the fault of the coach. It should make firing the coach even easier.

:nod:

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Lavi's system worked with Betts, Nodl, old Gagne, Lappy who hardly had any speed left, and a slothfooted Pronger.
Those guys were better players then you have now. 2010,11,12 were good teams but when g went to the top it went downhill along with the whole team. Betts,pow,Lappy were a fun 4th line that could score along with Carcillo and they made you pay a price and back checked so hard and would block shots to win. None of that now. Coburn,Carle,Kimmo,Pronger is 5 times what we have now also.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Lavi's system worked with Betts, Nodl, old Gagne, Lappy who hardly had any speed left, Giroux who you claim is slow and soft, and a slothfooted Pronger. Let's not pretend Richards was a burner either. The real fast guys were Carter and Powe, and I suppose Coburn.
Work ethic way higher.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Those guys were better players then you have now. 2010,11,12 were good teams but when g went to the top it went downhill along with the whole team. Betts,pow,Lappy were a fun 4th line that could score along with Carcillo and they made you pay a price and back checked so hard and would block shots to win. None of that now. Coburn,Carle,Kimmo,Pronger is 5 times what we have now also.

They weren't very special until Lavi got rolling. That's what good coaching does. We could have that line now and it wouldn't matter. They'd be mishandled in a poor system.

Reactions: kelmitchell

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
They weren't very special until Lavi got rolling. That's what good coaching does. We could have that line now and it wouldn't matter. They'd be mishandled in a poor system.
They had the players though. This team doesnt even show compete. Richards and carter are two way gems that could skate. G,V and coots is a average to slow players but coots gets the game so hes solid and the rest of the team isnt much at all. Konecny and that it. Provy is a good player but lets see if he turns out a superstar.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

From December 1 this team was one of the five best teams in the league despite putrid goal tending.
Obviously the "system" didn't keep them from scoring or winning.

This year it's the veterans making the mistakes, Giroux, Couts, Voracek, Provorov, Simmonds.
TK, Sanheim and Lindblom have been the most reliable players on the team, the kids "stifled" by Hakstol.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I remember when folks like you were yelling about how lazy they were in the first half of the Finals season, and then not long after that, so let's not even try that.
They had the team though Hak doesnt but he'll get clipped I think tomorrow if we lose bad or look flat which is probably gonna happen.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
From December 1 this team was one of the five best teams in the league despite putrid goal tending.

This year it's the veterans making the mistakes, Giroux, Couts, Voracek, Provorov, Simmonds.
TK, Sanheim and Lindblom have been the most reliable players on the team, the kids "stifled" by Hakstol.
That line was awesome but coots line while scoring are terrible with puck management and back checking.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They had the players though. This team doesnt even show compete. Richards and carter are two way gems that could skate. G,V and coots is a average to slow players but coots gets the game so hes solid and the rest of the team isnt much at all. Konecny and that it. Provy is a good player but lets see if he turns out a superstar.

We have players too. That's the thing. They're mismanaged in grotesque fashion.

It's rather a shame that post history from 8 years ago is gone, because I struggle to believe you were praising Carter in such glowing terms at the time. Fans like you deemed him lazy and soft. They even claimed he was slow.

Reactions: Striiker

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

It's rather a shame that post history from 8 years ago is gone, because I struggle to believe you were praising Carter in such glowing terms at the time. Fans like you deemed him lazy and soft. They even claimed he was slow.
Love Carter and Richards before the junk hit. Loved g from 09 till the start of the half season now hes a good player but he wont win nothing here so lets get something good for him.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Literally anyone who helps the team win is called lazy, soft, etc because he doesn't want the team to win.

That's why as soon as people leave, they're suddenly good. Like how Schenn was soft slow trash, but now that he got traded away he's exactly what we need :laugh:

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

The system did hold them back. They could have been even better. They were being carried by pure talent overcoming a terrible coach. Now we see what happens when the talent isn't dragging the team ahead. We see just how bad the system is without highly skilled players overcoming its deficiencies.

Hell, we've already seen it in the losing streaks.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Teams with worse rosters are doing better. We have the talent. We don't have the coaching.
Dont go by points. We are a slow boring team that even ottawa dropped there play to us. Lets see what happens if hexy drops the coach and if I'm wrong I'll admit it and say the players were good enough.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Dont go by points. We are a slow boring team that even ottawa dropped there play to us. Lets see what happens if hexy drops the coach and if I'm wrong I'll admit it and say the players were good enough.

We are slow and boring because of bad coaching.

Teams with less talent but better coaching are doing better. Hell, the nothing-roster Islanders under Trotz are doing better.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Teams with worse rosters are doing better. We have the talent. We don't have the coaching.
Dont like the coach remember but the players just get by on skill. When in the last 4 years have you seen this team outplay anyone bad? Never because it takes hard work to win.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
And the star players aren't even playing bad either (outside of normal isolated incidents). It's just that the goaltending is awful and Hakstols pets on the defense are doing so much damage that they can kill the team themselves.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad