GDT: #7| Bigfoot vs. Penguin | Thur, Oct. 26 2023 7:00 PM EST |PPG| Just here for the laughs...

What is greater:

• Our chances of winning

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Sid and Nathans Bromance

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Sullys refusal to change

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
They totally changed something we have had a defender between goalie and Avs player. It has been a long time since we've seen Defense from this team.

We're not collapsing to our net and playing zone, we're getting up in the zone and spreading them out and forcing them to make passes through a guy instead of just letting them keep the puck and waiting for an opening.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Jarry's best game in a long time. A couple of big time saves.
Let's be fair though. The Defense and Backchecking are way better too... from non-existent to showing up.

How many Avs shots have been 1 or 2 dudes with no defender at 3-7 feet? That's been > 50% of the goals I've seen so far.

Reactions: Andy99

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Zohorna is "losing" shifts to Acciari because they're not playing Carter and are double shifting the 3rd line with both Zohorna and Acciari on it.

Eller is at 8:04 5v5 TOI today and all of O'Connor (6:45), Zohorna (6:19) and Acciari (5:28) have been getting extra shifts with him. Carter is only at 3:58, more than a minute less than any other forward (Nieto next to last at 5:04).
nice, thank you

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Let's be fair though. The Defense and Backchecking are way better too... from non-existent to showing up.

How many Avs shots have been 1 or 2 dudes with no defender at 3-7 feet? That's been > 50% of the goals I've seen so far.
Yeah, but he's made big saves....which is not something he's done often.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Man, someone is K-Dubs is going to have to spring Sullivan for Therapy not playing his precious Carter.

Sully is going to need pills.

Reactions: PaulD

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
The system tonight in our own zone was what we could have been doing for the last 5 years but Sully's been too scared of us f***ing up around our own net. Who'd have thought it works, it's not like we won two cups in a row doing it...

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Why not just cut Carter>? or pay to have him Kerrigan'd?

8fef2edb-386f-47b3-b064-31fa92d01174_text.gif

Reactions: Ugene Magic

mephisto1812

Mar 28, 2013
I don't think Graves has been amazing to start the year, but I really think people are exaggerating how bad he has been.

Downright monster of a PK shift from him there.
Agreed.... although I was hoping for more, perhaps my expectations were inflated. Or perhaps it just takes some players longer to settle in, I'm more than willing to give him more time.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Colby is also noticing how well Zohorna and Eller are meshing and how strong the 3rd line has been since Zohorna got put there. I don't necessarily want them to do this (especially not with Smith), but Zohorna-Eller-Smith or Zohorna-Eller-Rust has the pieces there to be a terrific 3rd line.

That 3rd line needs a speedy goal scoring defensive winger, someone in that Tyler Kennedy mold.

Agreed.... although I was hoping for more, perhaps my expectations were inflated. Or perhaps it just takes some players longer to settle in, I'm more than willing to give him more time.

It took Paul Martin 2 full seasons before he became good. Gonchar was booed by Penguins fans because of how bad he was in his first year with the Penguins.

Any fan giving up on him after 7 games is way too impatient.

Reactions: mephisto1812

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Colby is also noticing how well Zohorna and Eller are meshing and how strong the 3rd line has been since Zohorna got put there. I don't necessarily want them to do this (especially not with Smith), but Zohorna-Eller-Smith or Zohorna-Eller-Rust has the pieces there to be a terrific 3rd line.

It took Paul Martin 2 full seasons before he became good. Gonchar was booed by Penguins fans because of how bad he was in his first year with the Penguins.

Any fan giving up on him after 7 games is way too impatient.

People just do not remember Sarge's first year. Literally booed every time he touched the puck. He was SO bad.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Carter with 5 min of ice time so far this game and Zohorna with 6….baby steps lol

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
The biggest development is the 3rd line being so good over the past 3 games. O'Connor is not ideal, but he is fast and can create turnovers as we saw in the 2nd. Zoho has been a stud and Eller still had something in the tank.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
People just do not remember Sarge's first year. Literally booed every time he touched the puck. He was SO bad.

Yeah exactly, it's why people need to be patient with both Graves and Karlsson. Karlsson's a bit different because he's almost like a rover that doesn't fully play in the system, but Graves definitely needs some time to adjust to the new system. It's much more difficult for defensemen to adjust to new teams than forwards IMO.

I think Graves is a low IQ player, being similar to Letang in that, but he's going to take a bit of time to fully adjust to his new team.

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad