Post-Game Talk: #7 - 10/22/19 | coyotes @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I would have bet my life savings on either that being the result or the Coyotes scoring in the first 30 seconds. It was so predictable.
ADA had absolutely no idea what to do defending 3 on 3. Very, very lost. I'd wager they don't practice it, or at least he doesn't.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
So when the team is trying to win a game they should give more ice time to the lower line players and then play Panarin less?

Apparently Panarin was too tired to defend on that last goal that cost the game so maybe he should get a little less ice time.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
That's still TBD, they're not a team that gets the benefit of the doubt because they're 5-2-1 8 games into the season.

If Arizona isn't a good team because it's a small sample then Rangers aren't a bad team based on a smaller sample.

Yet, somehow that's different.

Reactions: SA16

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Kakko didn't do a single thing all game at 5v5. They are not going to just feed him minutes. He was invisible.
He literally started his NHL career on the 2nd line and PP. People act like he's watching from the press box. I get it, we all want to see him do cool shit, but save yourself some stress and have patience. He's not going to break FFS.

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
Considering we battered the worst team in the league idk bout that

They smashed us 5v5 in expected goals. All situations it was 2.45 - 2.09 in our favor but closer than the final score suggests.

5K8Kntp.png

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
That tends to happen on minute+ shifts.

Ask the coach what happened.

He's lost 10 overtimes already, maybe he has an answer.

I'm with you on that but at the end of the day, it's management's job to fix this mess.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
He literally started his NHL career on the 2nd line and PP. People act like he's watching from the press box. I get it, we all want to see him do cool ****, but save yourself some stress and have patience. He's not going to break FFS.

There is only one rookie forward this year averaging over 16 minutes a game and it's an older rookie in Olofsson.

There were zero rookie forwards averaging over 16 minutes a game at this point last year.

But yea his usage is so bad.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I still think the first change that should be made is getting rid of Ruff, and I'm saying that fully acknowledging the PK - which I know he's responsible for - played a crucial role tonight. There's just too many fundamental issues with how he approaches coaching this team in transition, which he discussed this in an interview tonight, that just aren't successful in the modern game.

Teams are too focused on aggressiveness and counter-attacking, and completely yielding the zone with players coming at you at full speed is only going to hurt you more than help. On top of that, there's apparent terrible communication while defending within the zone since you see various shifts of structure with forwards either spread out too high or collapsed too low.

I know it's bad optics to fire Ruff now, but something has got to give. Give Greg Brown a shot and see what changes.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Quinns System:
Young player makes a mistake - You're ****ed!
Brendan Smith exists - He's AMAZING! What a player! Here's more ice time.
Between Kakko, Andersson, Howden, Lemieux, Hajek, and Fox there's been a combined 1 game scratched. Buchnevich, Skjei, and DeAngelo have all been benched during games.

Also Brendan Smith has been good.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It wasn't an experiment, Fast played almost 300 minutes with Zibanejad last season.
And that line looked like shit and we didnt even hit 20 shots on goal. Fast 3rd ice time among forwards. LoLz. Yea great job putting him there. 2 all stars with a 4th liner, makes a lot of sense. Results showed.

Reactions: Nickmo82

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Between Kakko, Andersson, Howden, Lemieux, Hajek, and Fox there's been a combined 1 game scratched. Buchnevich, Skjei, and DeAngelo have all been benched during games.

Also Brendan Smith has been good.
I honestly don't care how good he's been, when you're giving him the ice time you are you aren't giving our young players a chance and you aren't giving this team a chance to win - the Rangers haven't won a game since he's been elevated to the 3rd line forward position. The long term growth of this team's young players is what is most important.

It's not about them being scratched, it's about them not getting a fair opportunity. Under 10 minutes for Kakko is absurd.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
It wasn't an experiment, Fast played almost 300 minutes with Zibanejad last season.
You're going to be endlessly screaming into the void trying to bring reason to these boards in the midst of a bad losing streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad