3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
He prepares a game plan, puts the system in place and it's up to the players to execute it on the ice. If you are saying they are tuning him out that's one thing but it's not up to him to do much other than allocate ice time in a reward/punishment for poor executing for motivation. Hes not gonna stand in front of them with pom poms and make them skate. These guys have to get off their asses and play.
So if his players aren't executing the game plan and the system, then there's something wrong with how he prepared them to play. It's not that hard to figure out. The players are playing as well as they are being coached.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
So if his players aren't executing the game plan and the system, then there's something wrong with how he prepared them to play. It's not that hard to figure out. The players are playing as well as they are being coached.

Are you seeing the compete level necessary to win consistently in this league? I'm not. Ton of passengers on this team. Start with effort, if the effort is there and they still can't compete then the system is an issue,they haven't competed within this system for much more than a period, change the system and use the same effort the result will be the same.

Reactions: effen

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
uJ4Gq3V.jpg

Lol.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Are you seeing the compete level necessary to win consistently in this league? I'm not. Ton of passengers on this team. Start with effort, if the effort is there and they still can't compete then the system is an issue,they haven't competed within this system for much more than a period, change the system and use the same effort the result will be the same.
If there are passengers on this team, it's because the coach is allowing there to be passengers. Again, "effort" is part of the game plan.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
howden needs some serious time in the AHL.
Yeah I agree, I wouldn’t be opposed to him getting sent down once Chytil is brought back up

I think Howden could use some time to do what Chytil is doing now. He’s just getting shelled in the NHL, it’s not good for his development

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Yeah I agree, I wouldn’t be opposed to him getting sent down once Chytil is brought back up

I think Howden could use some time to do what Chytil is doing now. He’s just getting shelled in the NHL, it’s not good for his development
Nothing this coach is doing is good for any of our most important players development, it's very frustrating.

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston

I get the sense that Quinn and possibly the organization overall see Howden and Andersson as expendable pieces so they don't really care all that much about their development.

Reactions: NCRanger

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
If there are passengers on this team, it's because the coach is allowing there to be passengers. Again, "effort" is part of the game plan.

There arent a ton of NHL ready players knocking at the door to replace them with. What's he gonna do, sit Kreider and replace him with Haley? He doesn't even have depth to fill the second line with second line players. Once the game starts there is little he can do to make them work harder. I've coached enough teams and if you have to motivate your team to play you have lazy players, the general thing to do is to replace them but we arent in that position so we just have to take it until our prospects are ready. Maybe Quinn is an issue, maybe the locker room has tuned him out, all possibilities but I haven't seen enough shift to shift consistant effort from the players on this team to blame the coach.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
If I have to sit through another game with Brett Howden centering the second line (quote on quote) I will punch a baby.

I won't, but seriously what the f*** Quinn. Get Chytil up here and send Howden down or at the very least swap him with Andersson. Kakko getting less than 10min is a crime, put him on the top line with Mika and Panarin

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Nothing this coach is doing is good for any of our most important players development, it's very frustrating.

Chytil and Kravtsov in the AHL is good for their development, the easy thing would have been to keep them around and try and help his own team but he didnt. Sending Lias down last year was good for his development. FWIW I dont think Kakko deserves more ice, I also feel he would better served in the AHL though I realize why he isnt there. Personally I think this team needs to get their butts in gear and work.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
There arent a ton of NHL ready players knocking at the door to replace them with. What's he gonna do, sit Kreider and replace him with Haley? He doesn't even have depth to fill the second line with second line players. Once the game starts there is little he can do to make them work harder. I've coached enough teams and if you have to motivate your team to play you have lazy players, the general thing to do is to replace them but we arent in that position so we just have to take it until our prospects are ready. Maybe Quinn is an issue, maybe the locker room has tuned him out, all possibilities but I haven't seen enough shift to shift consistant effort from the players on this team to blame the coach.
The fact that they aren't working hard from the start of the game is on him. It's the coach's job to prepare his team for the game. That includes effort. This is not a new concept. That is literally the textbook definition of what a coach does. They don't need to be replaced - they need to be coached more efficiently.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Chytil and Kravtsov in the AHL is good for their development, the easy thing would have been to keep them around and try and help his own team but he didnt. Sending Lias down last year was good for his development. FWIW I dont think Kakko deserves more ice, I also feel he would better served in the AHL though I realize why he isnt there. Personally I think this team needs to get their butts in gear and work.
So good for his development that he can't get more ice time than Brendan Smith...

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
The fact that they aren't working hard from the start of the game is on him. It's the coach's job to prepare his team for the game. That includes effort. This is not a new concept. That is literally the textbook definition of what a coach does. They don't need to be replaced - they need to be coached more efficiently.

That's sad really, if a pro hockey player needs the coach to lift them up to compete in a game I'll say it again, they are the wrong players. They need to get off their asses and skate.

Reactions: NCRanger

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
That's sad really, if a pro hockey player needs the coach to lift them up to compete in a game I'll say it again, they are the wrong players. They need to get off their asses and skate.
So every player on our team save Brendan Smith is "the wrong player?"

There's not a player in this league that doesn't need a coach to help them get ready for games. Your view of coaches seems to be a guy who runs practices and then sits behind the bench. That's not a thing.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
So every player on our team save Brendan Smith is "the wrong player?"

There's not a player in this league that doesn't need a coach to help them get ready for games. Your view of coaches seems to be a guy who runs practices and then sits behind the bench. That's not a thing.

Ya that's what I said. Just run some drills and pull up a lawn chair.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Kakko should have started the year in Hartford, same as Chytil should have last year.

With 20/20 hindsight as our guide, not the worst suggestion I have heard.

Chytil is killing it right now at Hartford and likely will be called up in a few weeks and one would think he'll come back with alot more confidence.

Would think Kakko would do the same thing at Hartford and it wouldn't hurt if he got his mojo going up there and than came back with alot more oomph.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Quinn really doesn’t seem to have much of a plan as far as I can see. I think he wants to play a solid two way game, but it’s too safe for our offense and our defense is too weak to actually pull it off.
Just go run and gun, we won’t win anymore than we currently are but it will be fun for us to watch. Put the talent where the talent belongs, let bottoms six guys play a shut down role. Teach responsibility both ways, but have a short leash. Let our dynamic players play a dynamic game.

In summary get Strome away from Kakko.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Rangers need to recall players to get some new lines going Kravtsov & Chytil need to play NHL.
those 2 are the opposite players that need to play.

yall dont want to hear this but the team needs 2 gritty mcgrits to get their motors running (who can actually play top-9 roles). think callahan/dubinsky

Reactions: PalmCoastRanger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad