GDT: [#69] New York Rangers @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FSSW, ESPN+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Maybe we are starting the year over. Go 1-7-1 for a bit than go on a massive run like we did in November just in time for the playoffs. Good plan guys.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Doesnt matter. Were finishing 3rd either way.

Good were spitting out this october type trash now rather than this time in april.

Just hope we have enough of a buffer so we can rest players for that california trip to end the season.

I don't agree Dallas is finishing 3rd "either way". Have you seen the standings? The Jets are streaking (and scoring lots, imagine that!) and are finally healthy. Nashville is playing like they GAF and Minnesota is playing well despite Guerin's best efforts. All that combined with Bowness' ineptitude and the absolute pathetic play of our vets and "leaders" is a recipe for disaster.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I don't agree Dallas is finishing 3rd "either way". Have you seen the standings? The Jets are streaking (and scoring lots, imagine that!) and are finally healthy. Nashville is playing like they GAF and Minnesota is playing well despite Guerin's best efforts. All that combined with Bowness' ineptitude and the absolute pathetic play of our vets and "leaders" is a recipe for disaster.

I got to be honest. I'm incredibly shocked that anyone thinks Dallas finishing 3rd in the Central is a certainty. The odds are statistically in their favor, yes, but the next 6 games could sink their season. Outside of SJ, you have 5 teams either in the playoffs or fighting for the playoffs. It's plausible if not likely the March 22nd game vs. Winnipeg could be for 3rd in the Central at that time, and there would only be 7 games remaining after that point.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
How's Guri been doing? I see he's been getting a couple more minutes 5v5.

It's not the best time to ask how anyone on this team is doing when they aren't scoring goals and have lost 6 straight. Basically everyone has been bad. Up until last night he had the only Stars even strength goal in like 4 games though!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I got to be honest. I'm incredibly shocked that anyone thinks Dallas finishing 3rd in the Central is a certainty. The odds are statistically in their favor, yes, but the next 6 games could sink their season. Outside of SJ, you have 5 teams either in the playoffs or fighting for the playoffs. It's plausible if not likely the March 22nd game vs. Winnipeg could be for 3rd in the Central at that time, and there would only be 7 games remaining after that point.

A week ago it looked fairly certain that we were locked into 3rd. Now, you’re right, it’s much more up in the air.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The playoff percentage models seem to have only dropped Dallas from a 99% chance to make the playoffs to a 93% to 96% chance depending on which site you look at. Those numbers are mostly arbitrary since those sites are using historical models, and they mostly expect teams to not have major swings like Dallas is having right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad