Post-Game Talk: #69: Bruins at FLYERS, Tuesday, Mar. 10, 2020, 7:00 p.m. ET

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
I meant 5 on 5. That was the once nice chance In last 2 mins with goalie pulled.

I think we had 1 shot
Yes, 6-on-5 was bad. But that's Therrien fault. There is no reason to put Niskanen there instead Ghost/Sanheim. I would prefer both instead to Provorov too, but...

Rodu58

Nov 12, 2017
There are two types of players in this game, those who dream of scoring the big goal, and those who dream of getting the secondary assist on the big goal

Person101

Jul 12, 2019
Yes, 6-on-5 was bad. But that's Therrien fault. There is no reason to put Niskanen there instead Ghost/Sanheim. I would prefer both instead to Provorov too, but...
Especially today, he was feeling it. They'll never keep Provy off, so I would've liked Provy - Ghost.

Reactions: AdamParrot

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
There are two types of players in this game, those who dream of scoring the big goal, and those who dream of getting the secondary assist on the big goal
v3ZSjSd.gif

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
If our lineup in playoffs will be this:

Grinder line
Beezy-Hayes-TK
JVR-Laughton-Pitlick
Raffl-Grant-NAK

Provy-Nisky
Sanheim-Myers
Ghost-Braun

Hart

We can beat every team in 7 series.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
We're more talented up top than that rangers team was by far.
Our one weakness is our inexperience in goal and on the backend but our upside in those regards is higher than any of our playoff peers.
Bergeron is like the Sinestro to Giroux's Green Lantern.

Bergeron-Chara-Marchand core doesnt get enough credit.
Obviously theyre behind the dynasty Blackhawks and Malkin/Crosby but after those 2 cores theyre the best in this era imo. Still going strong.

I agree 100 percent. Those guys are beasts. Chara still to this day is the most difficult dman to play against in the dzone.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
"Play like that every night an-"

No. No moral victories in March during a dogfight for 1st place.
Dig at me?

They lost to the best team in the NHL after completely dominating through 40 minutes. Losses happen; you learn and move on because you can't win them all.

If they play like that every night in a 7 game series against Boston, I like their chances.

It's not like they blew their chance at first by losing to Detroit. Rask was the story through 40. Boston's team defense in the third was exceptional, but now the Flyers have first hand information on how they protect a third period lead.

Move along with that effort against Tampa and you'll see no complaints from me.

Reactions: SnS and AdamParrot

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Flyers dominated the first 2 periods and easily could have been up a few goals if not for Rask and their lack of finish.

The late goal in in the 2nd deflated them in the 3rd and just when they were starting to press again, Hart let in that inexcusable stinker.

Bottom line, Rask outplayed Hart but the Flyers did prove that they are as good as Boston right now. Not next year. Right now.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Flyers dominated the first 2 periods and easily could have been up a few goals if not for Rask and their lack of finish.

The late goal in in the 2nd deflated them in the 3rd and just when they were starting to press again, Hart let in that inexcusable stinker.

Bottom line, Rask outplayed Hart but the Flyers did prove that they are as good as Boston right now. Not next year. Right now.
Yeah, this was a game between two really good teams, not a top team and a pretender.

If Rask is anything but flawless we probably win this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad