Post-Game Talk: #69: Bruins at FLYERS, Tuesday, Mar. 10, 2020, 7:00 p.m. ET

Person101

Jul 12, 2019
Rask was great, they suffocated us with the lead. Still like our chances in a series.

Ghost was awesome, no signs of rust, saved a goal with a kick save. You just knew they would lose the streak once he came back, just so the debate will never end.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Wat.

The Flyers have been shit in the first period for most of the season and have have won 13 games after giving up the first goal.

This is more like the Canucks under AV than the Rangers.
I mean against elite teams. Today it was clear that when we desperately needed a goal we just couldn’t force anything

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
And I hate how Hayes is keeping puck a lot of time... He has TK on right wing, he should give him puck more times...

TK wasn't good since his second goal-scoring chance. Laughton was really bad too. But sometimes happen... That's ok.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
"Play like that every night an-"

No. No moral victories in March during a dogfight for 1st place.

We saw wasted dangerous scoring chances, wasted odd man rushes, and wasted 2 of those PPs like it was December again. In a game, at home, where a win vaults you alone into 1st...it's hard to not be annoyed at a winnable game that isn't won. What we also saw was one of the league's best lock it down in the 3rd.

The effort was excellent in the first 2 periods. Rask stood on his head. There are clear positives to this game and I bolieve they can force a hard fought playoff series with any team in the league (though I didn't need this game to bolieve that). But moral victories lead to complacency. Complacency leads to the wild card or worse against the Flyers' schedule down the stretch (almost all playoff teams).

It's simple- start another win streak. Despite my frustrations, I do still bolieve

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Coming back against elite teams like the bruins/ lightning/ blues will be tough
Yes of course. But it will be though for them too. We didnt lose any game when we were leading after second period.

Thats what best teams can do.

Reactions: Jtown

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
What worries me is that this team reminds me a lot like the rangers team AV coached. Can play with a lead, but can't come back from a deficit.
We're more talented up top than that rangers team was by far.
Our one weakness is our inexperience in goal and on the backend but our upside in those regards is higher than any of our playoff peers.
Bergeron is like the Sinestro to Giroux's Green Lantern.

Bergeron-Chara-Marchand core doesnt get enough credit.
Obviously theyre behind the dynasty Blackhawks and Malkin/Crosby but after those 2 cores theyre the best in this era imo. Still going strong.

Reactions: Foggy14 and Jtown

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
You just don’t win with players like Gostisbehere.

Sarcastic joke quota filled.....f*** was he amazing tonight for a goner. Lending a little credence to the idea he has much to offer for a team on the edge of contending and needing any advantage they can get.

It was a strong team effort against a strong opponent. It’s how she goes sometimes. Revenge on Tampa?
Ghost stepped in and made shit happen at least once per period. Didn't miss a beat.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
In a game like this it seems it really has to be your depth to shine through. The big boys for both teams were held in check for the most part.

I was disappointed in Hayes. Thought Konecny and Farabee had solid games but Kevin was meh out there.

Winning board battles is great, but at some point you also need to convert.

So be it, win the next one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad