GDT: #69: Bruins at FLYERS, Tuesday, Mar. 10, 2020, 7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Yes, that's why we are interesting to WC3, first no playoffs place.

20 points is not good math I think. There will be battles between PIT-CBJ-CAR-NYI yet. And NYR of course.

But Im sure we will be in playoffs. Im not looking down already, just only to PIT and WSH.

I just hope this stretch vs bosdone, tampa, Stl, EDM we can play well and win.

the tampa game is the big monkey getting off the back.

losing 1-0 and 5-3 , but the run, attitude, and vibe the team now has is different. I'm not sure if Hart or Elliott should play vs tampa.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
very excited to see them go to war against the two biggest threats in the east. Lets see how we fare up to them or how they fare up to us :D

predictions anyone?

I think if we win special team we got this. Boston has a GREAT powerplay.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Hart Vs. Boston (Tuesday)
Hart Vs. Tampa (Thursday)
Elliott Vs. Minnesota (Saturday)
Hart Vs. Edmonton (Sunday)

Starting Elliott against Tampa means we're starting Elliott twice this week with the B2B. No thanks.

ya there is no need. Hart is the guy and he hasn't a huge workload this year anyway. Start him and get him looks against the top teams.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hart Vs. Boston (Tuesday)
Hart Vs. Tampa (Thursday)
Elliott Vs. Minnesota (Saturday)
Hart Vs. Edmonton (Sunday)

Starting Elliott against Tampa means we're starting Elliott twice this week with the B2B. No thanks.
Yup...that's the schedule I go with too. That allows only 2 games in 3 day...and then he gets an extra days break.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I still think it's hilarious that the best team in the league has lost every single shootout. Worst SO record in the league.

If that isn't an indicator that regular season games shouldn't be decided in a shootout, I don't know what is.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
This game will be a true test for Thompson on the PK.

He looks lost and he will be exploited unless he gets his act together (if that's even possible).

Im not really sold on Grant as the 3C once the playoffs begin but it seems that will be the path we go on. So be it, and he’s done okay there.

Imo the fourth line was better with Bunn. Thompson to me seems to be getting carried by his wingers, and I haven’t been impressed with his PK.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Looking forward to this one as a Boston fan. This is the second time this season the Flyers have separated themselves from the mediocre bubble teams and joined the big boys in the standings. This time seems for real. Will be a fun measuring stick as I expect the Flyers to come out looking to prove something.

what's the bruins weakness lol

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I still think it's hilarious that the best team in the league has lost every single shootout. Worst SO record in the league.

If that isn't an indicator that regular season games shouldn't be decided in a shootout, I don't know what is.
Just be happy they haven't moved to shootouts deciding playoff games.

Though, if it meant Boston was upset by a far inferior opponent... :naughty:

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
good thing is we play penguins one more time. If we are close in the standings hopefully we can win that one and separate us from them like we have against canes, panthers, cbj, and rangers.

Also, after the tough 8 game stretch, we play devils, detroit right after so we get a little break there. It might be a great thing to have these next 8 games against playoff teams. Means we will be in playoff mode for the stretch. I'd rather play the big boys and stay in that zone going into the playoffs than play against trap teams and have the team play down to the level of yesterday. They know they have to be on their A game now. We are going to need everyone stepping up in this stretch. Need ghost and elliot to play well when called upon

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Im not really sold on Grant as the 3C once the playoffs begin but it seems that will be the path we go on. So be it, and he’s done okay there.

Imo the fourth line was better with Bunn. Thompson to me seems to be getting carried by his wingers, and I haven’t been impressed with his PK.

same. I would absolutely love it if grant was the 4C. Any news on Mr. Heeadache? I am ruling him out if he doesn't do contact within a week.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Just be happy they haven't moved to shootouts deciding playoff games.

Though, if it meant Boston was upset by a far inferior opponent... :naughty:

I get they’re on a tighter schedule & all with logistics but that’s basically what I hate about IIHF tournaments. You have medal round games that can be determined by shootouts.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
same. I would absolutely love it if grant was the 4C. Any news on Mr. Heeadache? I am ruling him out if he doesn't do contact within a week.

I haven’t seen anything on Patrick. I just don’t see what’s going to magically improve over a few summer months to have him ship shape for next year.

Person101

Jul 12, 2019
I haven’t seen anything on Patrick. I just don’t see what’s going to magically improve over a few summer months to have him ship shape for next year.
He's been skating is all I'm seeing. I've been pretty pessimistic about him coming back this year, but man would that help our lineup big time. NP as the 3C and Grant as the 4C, that's a deep center core.

Reactions: flyersNducks

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

at least he will back at some point next year. Our luck that the only 2nd overall pick that WE end up getting is patrick. We couldn't get eichel, laine, svechnikov, kakko (who i think will have a better career overall). Patrick still has what it takes to be a 2c but why do we have to get a headache thinking about when mr. headache will come back. such bs.

marcsson68

Jan 23, 2018
Guys,

Flyers magic number to clinch a playoff spot is 20 points, which can be lowered to 18 if Pens win.

If carolina wins, our 5 pt lead on pittsburgh stays the same but a game less for shitsburgh.

My focus has always been normally to focus on clinching, but the heck with that because die sid die.
Even an 8 game losing streak probably wouldn‘t kick us out of the playoffs now.
I would be fine with a win some, lose some mixture over the next couple of games. Can‘t afford to lose the rhythm on one hand and at the same time it is important to stay away from injuries and exhaustion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad